Comments by Guillaume Leparmentier (Top 8 by date)

Guillaume Leparmentier 21-Aug-13 5:27am View

Reason for my vote of 2 \n Need more explanation on why "it is useful in programming", why using this approach instead of an existing (simple) ORM like PetaPoco, etc.

This is more a blog entry than an article for me
Guillaume Leparmentier 4-May-13 6:53am View

Reason for my vote of 2 \n This explains why removing an element in a foreach loop will generate an error.

From msdn : (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/system.collections.ienumerator%28v=vs.100%29.aspx)

"An enumerator remains valid as long as the collection remains unchanged. If changes are made to the collection, such as adding, modifying, or deleting elements, the enumerator is irrecoverably invalidated and the next call to MoveNext or Reset throws an InvalidOperationException."

As Oleg Shilo told you, your solution 2 is working because it's another collection. Thus, you're not using the Iterator from the orginal collection.
Guillaume Leparmentier 12-Jul-12 14:22pm View

Reason for my vote of 4
Interesting approach :)

Using xslt to indent every xml node in the source file.. I think I'll use it.

And what about performance on a relatively huge xml file?
Guillaume Leparmentier 8-Jul-12 14:01pm View

Reason for my vote of 3
More a tip than an article
Guillaume Leparmentier 3-Jun-12 7:24am View

Reason for my vote of 3
I'm a bit disappointed :)

I thought I'll see a real autocomplete feature in MVC4. But it's only a basic usage of JQuery tabs and autocomplete plugins in javascript.

Anyway, thanks for your effort :)
Guillaume Leparmentier 18-May-12 15:28pm View

Reason for my vote of 3
Well you're second solution is not "always" correct.

Assume that you have a list of 1 element. Obviously, even if there is only one element, checking if "all the numbers in the list are the same" should be true. But your last check will fail since query1.Count() is equal to 0.
Guillaume Leparmentier 22-Apr-12 5:05am View

Reason for my vote of 3
Hi,

Few remarks :
- why using/creating a datatable to update your db when you're using the databable as a list of string? an IEnumerable<string> would have suffice.
- it would have been great to explain a little bit more the OOXML part

Anyway, thanks for sharing
Guillaume Leparmentier 20-Mar-12 17:59pm View

Reason for my vote of 1
Opening a DataContext to get two information that you already have is useless, and not performant at all.