1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Which static code analysis tool is best for C#.net Resharper or Klocwork?I have used Resharper but not Klocwork. I need strong resons or comparisons for backing up with Resharper.Any statistics attached would be greatly appreciated.
So, in today's world wide development paradigm, I need to get something out for our test group in India. They are getting up soon, so they need code. Oh joy. So, my office is right off the kitchen. I cannot kick any of my daughters out yet, but I have an eye on the back upstairs bedroom as my next office.
The kitchen is today's gathering room, but I can deal with the chatter. I cannot deal with the elephanting dogs barking at each other...
comes right through the noise cancelling headphones.
Charlie Gilley Stuck in a dysfunctional matrix from which I must escape...
"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." B. Franklin, 1783
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” BF, 1759
is the temperature outside. That's 44 Celsius for the metric heads. The air conditioning is running full blast and we are still hot. Would go swimming but the pool is completely exposed so will be like a furnace.
Yeah, when it's cold you can turn up the heater and/or put on an extra vest.
When it's friggin hot outside there's only so much clothing you can take off. And where I come from airconditioning is pretty rare in houses. There's just nothing you can do about heat.
... or flying very low. You decide. When I read the title 'Insane Helicopter Pilot', I first thought they had spotted me with one of my models on a field. The following video is probably about 30 years old, but I remember from my active duty time that the pilots of those helicopters used to train approaching their targets in a similar manner, but they made a good show of it in the video: