Aspose Newsletter for November 2012 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows how to convert PPT to other formats with Aspose.Slides for SharePoint & a migration tip for creating outlook contacts with Aspose.Email. The video tutorial shows how to convert a chart to Image with Aspose.Cells for Java.
File conversion is only one of the many tasks our tools can help developers perform, but it is an important one. Do you need to process forms submitted as Microsoft Word documents, extract data and archive the original document as a PDF, complete with a barcode for tracking? Or maybe build flexible slide stacks for Microsoft PowerPoint presentations? Do you create management reports by extracting data from databases, performing calculations in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and posting charts on an intranet? Aspose can help developers with all of these tasks. Our customers use Aspose products for all kinds of complex tasks. More often than not, file conversion plays a part. We hope the examples and tips below are useful to you.
Product Spotlight: Aspose.Words for .NET and Java
Aspose.Words for .NET and Java gives software developers the power to program with Microsoft Word documents without Microsoft Office Automation. Control content, formatting, headers and footers; add or extract text or images; run mail merges, create reports; create, manipulate and convert documents. With Aspose.Words you can do whatever it is you need to do.Click here to download the latest version
Technical Article – Convert PPT to other formats with Aspose.Slides for SharePoint
Aspose.Slides for SharePoint lets you convert Microsoft PowerPoint presentations to PDF, TIFF or XPS files directly from a document library. This month’s technical article shows how. Click to read the complete article about Convert PPT to other formats with Aspose.Slides for SharePoint.
Updates about new Product Releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET – a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.3.3 –adds support for copying sparklines and a number of other enhancements.
- Aspose.Words for .NET– our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.4.0 - supports different headers in one PDF document, count watermarks and extract header and footer text.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.7.0 - supports adding an assistant node to an organization and other enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.1.0 –adds support for Swiss Post Parcel barcode and DataMatrix generation with error correction.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 2.7.0 –export diagrams to XAML format and work with glued shapes, as well as other enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 4.7.0 - includes a new feature for rendering project data to PDF.
- Aspose.OCR for .NET 1.2.0 - adds support for JPG, PNG and GIF formats, loading custom dictionaries from steam and multipage TIFF recognition.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 2.2.0 - save EML as draft, check whether a PST file is password protected and a number of enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 7.3.2 – set a tab’s default color and other enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Words for Java - our monthly Aspose.Words release includes improvements to conditional formatting, HTML and PDF output and various fixes.
- Aspose.Pdf for Java 3.3.0 - improvements to image management and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java 4.4.0 - set signature images from an input stream, improvements to printing and other fixes.
- Aspose.Email for Java 2.2.0 – save EML as draft, check is a PST file is password protected and a number of other features and improvements.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.BarCode for SSRS 5.1.0 - support for Swiss Post Parcel barcode and improved DataMatrix generation with error correction.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports – a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
- Aspose.Words for JasperReports 1.7.0 - new layout options and a number of improvements.
Tutorial Video – Convert a Chart to Image with Aspose.Cells for Java
ASpreadsheets are powerful tools for organizing and visualizing data. Aspose.Cells for Java lets developers work with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets in their applications. One handy task that Aspose.Cells helps them do is find a chart in a spreadsheet and save it to an image format. This tutorial shows how to convert a bar chart to a PNG image. Click below to watch the Video about Convert a Excel Chart to Image
Migration Tip – Saving VSD Files to Other Formats with VSTO or Aspose.Diagram for .NET
Microsoft Outlook is used for more than sending and receiving emails: it is a powerful tool for organizing contacts and meetings. When a developer wants to create contact programmatically, they can do so using Microsoft Office Automation or Aspose.Email for .NET. The latter is independent of Office Automation and does not require Microsoft Outlook to be installed on the machine. This article compares the two methods. Read the complete migration tip about Creating Microsoft Outlook Contacts with Aspose.Email for .NET
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, Sepetember 2012 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter
- Collect the Japanese version of this newsletter
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter
is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in
hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook
Aspose Pty Ltd
79 Longueville Road
Aspose - Your File Format Experts