Comments by Raul Iloc (Top 200 by date)

Raul Iloc at yesterday View

Your right, thank you for your feedback!
Raul Iloc at yesterday View

Yes, this class provides the functionality of a WordPad editor, but you have to write some code to integrate it.
Raul Iloc at yesterday View

See my update (2.147.483.647 KB == 2TB ) !
Raul Iloc at yesterday View

Did you check my solution?
Raul Iloc at 2 days ago View

1.It seems that your connection object is created at the class level and could remain open from other methods, better is to use a local variable.

2.In your code above, if you want to reuse an open connection, you should test if is already open by using "if(cn.State == ConnectionState.Open)" and not to open in this case.
Raul Iloc at 2 days ago View

You should close your connection into the "finally" section of a try-finally block!
Raul Iloc at 2 days ago View

Welcome, I glad that I could help you!
Raul Iloc at 2 days ago View

Sorry I copy and paste from my test and I delete a line a code. By now should work!
You could test now!
Raul Iloc at 2 days ago View

See my update now!
Raul Iloc at 2 days ago View

Did you debug your code?
What is the value of the ID that is read from the database? It is like "S001"?
Raul Iloc at 2 days ago View

See my update above!
Raul Iloc at 4 days ago View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 4 days ago View

1.It should work, maybe you set a wrong URL.
Here is a link from Microsoft support that confirm my solution:

2.Could you publish the sequence of code used for doing this, maybe is an error there. You could also catch the exception like is done in the Microsoft support link.
Raul Iloc at 4 days ago View

Did you tried one of the options that I suggested in my solution?
Raul Iloc at 5 days ago View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 5 days ago View

You could see these attributes in work in my next article: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/526827/MVC-Basic-Site-Step-Multilingual-Site-Skeleton
Raul Iloc at 5 days ago View

Raul Iloc at 5 days ago View

Could you give more details about what do you want?
When drop down list is refreshing you don't want that the page to refresh itself, this is what you want?
Raul Iloc at 12-Dec-14 7:17am View

Should work if you did like I indicated in my 3rd point. Maybe you put also the name of the Web application folder that must not be in the path!
Raul Iloc at 12-Dec-14 7:15am View

Raul Iloc at 12-Dec-14 1:11am View

The question was not so clear, and this was my understanding about this question.
Raul Iloc at 11-Dec-14 8:59am View

You did accept my solution, then after one day you undo the acceptance. Why you did this? Did you encounter problems?
Raul Iloc at 11-Dec-14 4:42am View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 11-Dec-14 1:55am View

You should access the page class, like I detailed in my solution above, than you must have public properties/method in page class that gave you access to the control.
Raul Iloc at 11-Dec-14 1:14am View

1.Try to set only the next params, and let others to their default values:
i)In Binding: maxBufferPoolSize="21474836470", maxBufferSize="2147483647", maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647"
ii)readerQuotas: maxArrayLength="2147483647", maxBytesPerRead="2147483647".

2.You must have the same values for this WCF settings in both sides: WCF service and also WCF client, these means also in the application that is hosting the WCF service (app.config) and the Web.config for a web application, OR app.config for a Windows Forms or WPF application in the case of the WCF client. Did you do in this way?

Raul Iloc at 10-Dec-14 6:50am View

You can try then two solutions:
1)If the file are big, the better way is to create a method that return as "out" param (supposing that the return value should be an error code) and this method to return the data array of each individual file. This is the way I am using in my projects also.
2)To increase the WCF parameters as I suggested in my 2nd point of my solution above. Note that you will need maybe to increase other WCF parameters that control the size of an array for example like: maxArrayLength="2147483647" !
Raul Iloc at 10-Dec-14 4:27am View

So your question is related with this exception (from your question title)?
If yes you should publish also the insert query.
Raul Iloc at 10-Dec-14 4:22am View

I agree with you!
You have my vote (5).
Raul Iloc at 10-Dec-14 2:45am View

Raul Iloc at 10-Dec-14 2:15am View

1 year, like Microsoft said in MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.sessionstate.httpsessionstate.timeout(v=vs.110).aspx
Raul Iloc at 10-Dec-14 1:57am View

I agree with you!
You have my 5+.
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 8:36am View

You should get the example from the article indicated in my solution above, test it, have a look in the provided code, and after that do the changes in your code in a similar way.
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 8:09am View

The standard validation in MVC by using "@Html.ValidationMessageFor()", like I also suggested in my solution, is done on the client (directly in the browser) and is using standard validation scripts: jquery.validate.min.js and "jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js" that must be added in your view or in your used layout. So there is no remote validation involved here!
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 4:33am View

Yes, your solution is using a single line of code, but you should put it into a function with params.
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 4:31am View

Sorry my fault, now I updated my solution and it works!
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 2:42am View

No, my suggestion is to use only one method for computing the entire series and not to use "n" time a method for each factorial!
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 2:15am View

Is not like this! My entire code, for each series, could be put into a single method that should have one param "n".
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 1:44am View

Welcome!
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 1:42am View

1.Did you see the update in my solution?
2.Now I am also compute each series in one single loop, this is much optimal solution that the solution accepted by you, because each factorial depend on the previous value ("n! = n * (n-1)!"), so invoking the procedure "n" times is not an optimal solution!
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 1:36am View

I do not agree with you, that you should invoke the factorial method "n" times for a series is an optimal solution. Look on my solution above and you could see the optimal solution that is doing the computation of all series in one loop.
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 1:36am View

I do not agree with you, that you should invoke the factorial method "n" times for a series is an optimal solution. Look on my solution below and you could see the optimal solution that is doing the computation of all series in one loop.
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 1:32am View

From it original question he ask about printing this factorial, anyway I updated my solution to also compute both series.
Raul Iloc at 9-Dec-14 1:28am View

I just updated my solution to compute and "print" also the values of both expressions.
Raul Iloc at 8-Dec-14 6:31am View

You should use a temp value, of type "int", in your loop to accumulate the sum of all your rows, then to save the final result into your "dr" object.
Raul Iloc at 8-Dec-14 3:59am View

Thank you for your notification, I did not look at the dates.
Anyway is not a bad idea to provide better solutions even for older questions.
Raul Iloc at 8-Dec-14 2:52am View

Welcome!
Raul Iloc at 8-Dec-14 2:09am View

Raul Iloc at 8-Dec-14 1:37am View

Right, true means good value!
Raul Iloc at 5-Dec-14 4:24am View

You should clearly understand that your web application (like any other web application) is running on the web server, the web server is far way over the internet, and the users of the web applications are using the web browsers, and each web browser is a client that is running on the user PC and communicate over the internet with the web server. Because the web browser is running on user PC it has access to user files, but the web application (from the web server) is cannot do that!
Raul Iloc at 5-Dec-14 3:46am View

The upload control is using the browser to access the file from the client, then the file is send by the browser to the web application that is running on the web server (that could be far away over the internet).
Raul Iloc at 5-Dec-14 2:43am View

1.When your are running your application locally is different then running on a web server.

2.As I know there is no way, like I explained in my solution above.
Raul Iloc at 4-Dec-14 10:46am View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 4-Dec-14 3:55am View

See my update in my solution above.
Raul Iloc at 4-Dec-14 3:51am View

As I know there are no other ways in C#.
Raul Iloc at 4-Dec-14 2:33am View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 3-Dec-14 6:45am View

There are 2 approaches:
1)use the static texts in the database tables and in this case you can use the SPs;
2)use the static text in resource files and in this case SP make no sense!

PS: You could get some ideas regarding this 2nd approach from my next article:
Raul Iloc at 2-Dec-14 1:26am View

Raul Iloc at 1-Dec-14 9:28am View

Welcome!
Raul Iloc at 29-Nov-14 8:38am View

If you are using Ajax control toolkit in your web application, then is easy for your to use ModalPopup, but the JavaScript is better.
Raul Iloc at 29-Nov-14 8:33am View

You could use GUID in your application without fear, because their algorithms were designed to assure uniqueness!
Raul Iloc at 29-Nov-14 8:32am View

This function also generate a GUID that could be used in SQL tables, and because is an GUID is unique.
Raul Iloc at 28-Nov-14 6:37am View

1.The user control does not have a closing event so the idea is to use the parent form closing event.
2.So in your case you should use the parent of the parent, becuase your user control is hosted by another control so you should change the code:
((Form)((Telerik.WinControls.UI.Docking.DocumentWindow)this.Parent).Parent).Closing += new CancelEventHandler(ParentClosing);
Raul Iloc at 27-Nov-14 5:40am View

I agree with you. You have my vote (5).
Raul Iloc at 26-Nov-14 2:15am View

Welcome!
Raul Iloc at 26-Nov-14 1:28am View

1.Thank you for your vote!
2.I recommend you to move the Data Entity Model part into a separate project. In generally is not OK to mix together data access code with user interface; think also about if supposing that you want to extend your solution and provide also some service (windows service or WCF) or other UI (for desktop by using WPF) and also these new module should access the same database!
3.If you will do like I suggested in my 2nd point, you will avoid also this kind of manual update EF issue.
Raul Iloc at 25-Nov-14 2:06am View

Build- will build only the changed projects, rebuild -will build all projects from the solution.
Raul Iloc at 25-Nov-14 2:01am View

You should clean you solution, then rebuild all and try again.
If will not working, after these new steps, you should close then restart the Visual Studio.
Raul Iloc at 25-Nov-14 1:45am View

So it is working now or not?
Raul Iloc at 21-Nov-14 4:11am View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 20-Nov-14 7:21am View

You have my 5+ !
Raul Iloc at 20-Nov-14 7:20am View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 18-Nov-14 8:20am View

Welcome!
Raul Iloc at 18-Nov-14 7:30am View

In the browser, F5 key means refresh page, and this means repeat the last action. See the next: http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/434697/In-ASP-NET-After-clicking-on-Browser-Refresh-F-bu
Raul Iloc at 18-Nov-14 4:04am View

Raul Iloc at 18-Nov-14 2:58am View

Like is indicated in the link above, you should use JavaScript for disabling/overwriting the default behavior on button click in your text area. I will add details in a 3rd point in my solution above.
Raul Iloc at 17-Nov-14 1:06am View

You have 5+ from me!
Raul Iloc at 14-Nov-14 4:24am View

So, my suggested change it will work for your or not?

PS: I just tested in the next site and it works fine! http://www.regexplanet.com/advanced/java/index.html
Raul Iloc at 13-Nov-14 6:32am View

1.Welcome, I am glad that I could help you!
2.Like Bill said, you should post comments bellow to my solution in this case, and not to create a new solution for a comment.
Raul Iloc at 9-Nov-14 2:47am View

See the update (3rd point) in my solution above!
Raul Iloc at 5-Nov-14 6:17am View

Raul Iloc at 5-Nov-14 2:36am View

1.Yes, you could use Partial View, if you want it, but the logic for resetting the default values should be in the controller even you will use Partial View.
2.Partial view make sense to be use, in your case, together with AJAX call, so only the dynamic part of your page to be sent to the server.
Raul Iloc at 31-Oct-14 7:59am View

Some questions/causes:
1.Did you link "Load" event correctly with your main form?
2.Are the values saved in Registry only at the first usage?
3.I saw in your code that you have added a number of days, so this means that you cannot test it today!? You should use minutes for your first tests!

You should debug you application and see where is the problem!
Raul Iloc at 31-Oct-14 7:42am View

I just improved my solution with some example.
Raul Iloc at 31-Oct-14 7:42am View

OK, I agree with you that in general, the question originators should try to give us as much context info is possible.
Raul Iloc at 31-Oct-14 7:29am View

Because the originator forgot to put the question sign, this doesn't mean that is not a question!
Raul Iloc at 31-Oct-14 7:26am View

At first look, the logic from your code looks OK.
Can you give me details about what is not working like you expected?
Raul Iloc at 31-Oct-14 2:56am View

Like I said also in my solution bellow, one solution (that I am also using in my projects) is to use stored procedure (SP) and the search will run in the database, the results will be get from the database, page by page, so you will need in your control logic just to invoke the SP with the rights parameters (similar like I did in my article source code) then to display the results for the current page.
Raul Iloc at 31-Oct-14 1:54am View

Raul Iloc at 30-Oct-14 4:03am View

Totally agree with you. You have my 5+!
Raul Iloc at 30-Oct-14 3:29am View

1.Like I said before, you could use my SP customized for your needs, and the SP is searching in all data from the database ("processing all data"), but the must important thing is the pagination part (last part of the SP), the SP will return your only the requested set of results, page by page.
2.Just try to run the source code from my article and you will see that the entire set of data is used.
Raul Iloc at 30-Oct-14 1:45am View

OK, I am glad that I could help you!
Raul Iloc at 29-Oct-14 9:50am View

1.As I explained in my article, pagination logic means to load and manage only a set of article (like 50) in each page.
2.Also in my SP I am using all available data, so if a filter or search parameter is used I am searching in all data, then the final results are sent to the user by using pagination. So short answer is that you can reuse my SP for your job!
Raul Iloc at 29-Oct-14 9:46am View

My formulation was not so good.
Raul Iloc at 29-Oct-14 2:15am View

Did you manage to solve your issue by using the suggestions from my solution?
Raul Iloc at 24-Oct-14 4:21am View

Welcome! I am glad that I could help you.
Raul Iloc at 23-Oct-14 8:56am View

Sorry, but I don't have time to implement all of this, but there a lot of MVC articles with source code on this site (I also have 4 MVC articles) and you could use some of them as examples.
Raul Iloc at 20-Oct-14 8:05am View

Yes you are right, the code could be optimized, but I did not wanted to change the internal logic used by the originator of the question.
Raul Iloc at 15-Oct-14 1:59am View

1.Like I told you in my solution above, you can encrypt any values of your app.config, then use that value, but before to use the encrypted values you have to decrypt them and manage the usage of them.
2.Regarding the WCF settings, if you really want to encrypt them, you could do it like I described in my solution, but then you must use these settings grammatically in your code. See details about this here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh205277(v=vs.110).aspx
Raul Iloc at 14-Oct-14 7:05am View

I am glad that I could help you!
Raul Iloc at 13-Oct-14 7:00am View

1.First jqGrid is expecting the data in JSON format;
2.Your problem is that you are not returning the data that jqGrid is expecting;
3.To solve this look in my article at "Step 4 (Controller)";
Raul Iloc at 13-Oct-14 6:25am View

1.If you do not specify any layout in the page, the default layout (specified in _ViewStart.cshtml) will be used.
2.If you want to specify no layout you should set: Layout= null; in your page.
Raul Iloc at 13-Oct-14 6:23am View

You said that you want to keep the counters per each user, so you should use a for/foreach and inside of it to init each counter to 0 like in the next example:
foreach(User user in userList)
string key = string.Format("Page1CounterForUser{0}",user.ID);
Application[key] = 0;
Raul Iloc at 13-Oct-14 4:27am View

You should use Application["Page1CounterForUser1"] = 0;Application["Page1CounterForUser2"] = 0;... etc
Raul Iloc at 13-Oct-14 4:07am View

Maybe you can get some ideas from my next project, that is also implemented in MVC4 and is using jqGrid: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/594150/MVC-Basic-Site-Step-jqGrid-In
Raul Iloc at 13-Oct-14 2:48am View

1.The problem is that you are not using any _Layout in your page, so your page must have the HTML main sections (HTMLs, HEAD, BODY) in order to can be rendered.
2.You could do your page in steps, first try to use in your page the default _Layout page (generated by the VS) and to test your JS, then to use it without Layout but insert the main HTML tags manually in your page.
Raul Iloc at 13-Oct-14 2:23am View

1.You should also clear your browser cache, then try again.
2.Check also in your browser (view source code) if the scripts section contain the referenced .JS files in the proper order.
Raul Iloc at 13-Oct-14 1:46am View

See my update (2nd point) in my solution above!
Raul Iloc at 13-Oct-14 0:59am View

In Global.asx.cs, in "Application_Start" you have to init all the used counters with value 0, like I explained in my solution above.
Raul Iloc at 1-Oct-14 1:25am View

Sure that you can, I did that in some of my work products!
Normally the WCF service, for netTcpBinding should be installed on the server as windows service, and the client could be any type of application that are running over the internet or in the same local area network; so the WCF clients could be web applications, windows forms application, WPF applications, other windows services,etc.
Raul Iloc at 30-Sep-14 13:11pm View

Very well pointed! You have my 5+!
Raul Iloc at 30-Sep-14 7:18am View

Maybe is a misunderstanding regarding the original question. The question is about the data from a data table, and this means in my understanding the data from a database table, and your understood "DataTable" object with data inside it.
Raul Iloc at 30-Sep-14 0:51am View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 29-Sep-14 6:26am View

The showing of the new votes in the CodeProject page is done after some delay.
Now is showing the result, and you could check also the points gain in your Reputation details.
Raul Iloc at 29-Sep-14 6:25am View

Is not the same. The LINQ will generate SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ... WHERE that is different then: SELECT * FROM ... WHERE, get the data in DataTable, and only after that to count the results, because even the execution of the SELECT * take longer then SELECT COUNT(*), and to fill all results could take a lot of time, depend on the amount of data from the table.
Raul Iloc at 29-Sep-14 2:50am View

You have my 5 vote!
Raul Iloc at 29-Sep-14 2:47am View

Is not OK to execute SELECT, because your code will consume more resource and time then a simple "Count()". See details in my solution!
Raul Iloc at 28-Sep-14 13:14pm View

Thank for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 28-Sep-14 10:45am View

The installer checks UpgradeCode and ProductCode properties to determine whether the earlier version should be removed. The UpgradeCode must be the same for both versions; the ProductCode must be different.
Raul Iloc at 28-Sep-14 10:44am View

To change "ProductCode" you have to use the same Properties window and click on this property value (a "..." button), then in the new window click on the button "New Code".
Raul Iloc at 26-Sep-14 0:43am View

So did you solve your problem by using the indications from my solution?
Raul Iloc at 25-Sep-14 3:55am View

If is working for 3rd item from the list should work also for ony other (including the 2nd one). So maybe you need to clear your browser cache, close and reopen your browser then try again.
Raul Iloc at 25-Sep-14 3:48am View

Then you should add a property of type IMyForm also in SampleList.cs and use it in similar way like I explained in my solution above. The idea is to create a communication channel between the main form object and the Form2 object.
Raul Iloc at 25-Sep-14 2:18am View

1.You code regarding DDL selection seems to be OK, except that you have some "new DataSet()" that should not be there.
2. Try to debug and put breakpoints at lest in "SelectedIndexChanged" events of both DDL to see if ddl_Partner_SelectedIndexChanged is generated even when you select an item from the second DDL!
Raul Iloc at 25-Sep-14 1:43am View

1.Then in you drop down list index changed you have to take care to do the init of your second drop down list in the IF block like I suggested in my solution.
2.Could you show me also your C# code for events handling?
Raul Iloc at 24-Sep-14 1:09am View

You have my 5+ vote, because you solution is managing also for multilanguage context where problems may occur for numbers and date time user input conversion.
Raul Iloc at 23-Sep-14 7:46am View

See my update (3rd point) in my solution above.
Raul Iloc at 23-Sep-14 7:26am View

You should cache in your Application cache a key create based on the userID as key for the counter, like "string.Format("Page1CounterForUser{0}", userID);" and use these type of keys similar with "Page1Counter" in my solution above.
Raul Iloc at 23-Sep-14 7:20am View

Raul Iloc at 23-Sep-14 3:28am View

I am glad that I could help you, so it will be nice from you to accept my solution!

PS: For any solution the idea for solving the problem is the most important, because I do not have your code to can test it.
Raul Iloc at 23-Sep-14 1:32am View

So, did you manage to solve your problem by using my solution?
Raul Iloc at 22-Sep-14 8:09am View

Did you try like I suggested?
Raul Iloc at 22-Sep-14 1:10am View

1.I created first query based on your old one, and should return the same results. If something is missing you could change its filter as you want. Not that this first query is executed only in the second one so you cannot see results of it in the debug
2.Did you test like I suggested?
Raul Iloc at 18-Sep-14 9:05am View

You have to just select your project in Solution Explorer, right click on it ==> context menu, then select "Properties" menu item (should be the last one) ==> the project property window. Then select "Settings" (from the vertical tab control) and click on the middle ==> create your settings, like is also explained in the link. Then automatically the app.config will be created and updated.
Raul Iloc at 18-Sep-14 2:42am View

You have to select the project project in Solution Explorer, then to select the "Properties" from context menu, and after that select the "Settings" from the left part of the new (project property) page. You have also these details in the MSDN link that I gave you in my 3rd point of my solution above!
Raul Iloc at 18-Sep-14 2:17am View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 18-Sep-14 1:14am View

Did you try like I suggested?
Raul Iloc at 15-Sep-14 6:29am View

See my links from my 3rd point in the solution above.
Raul Iloc at 15-Sep-14 2:19am View

Yes you write.
You can find more details: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/97713/finally-and-Return-Values
Raul Iloc at 12-Sep-14 7:56am View

Raul Iloc at 12-Sep-14 6:47am View

1.First in your "AssessmentSectionClass" class you should have List<SectionQuestion> and not generic "List". Also the name of the classes should be without "Class" at the end.
2.Then after getting data with LINQ, for each result you should create new objects then add them into the list. And similarly for the list of SectionQuestion objects.
Raul Iloc at 12-Sep-14 6:28am View

1.Regarding the error you should debug your error and inspect the variables from the line where the error is generated.
2.Regarding your code for getting data, after get the data by using LINQ you should populate the list of "model entities", and your "model entities classes" should be like I suggested in my solution.
Raul Iloc at 12-Sep-14 2:53am View

1.I didn't give you all code, just the idea.
2.To fix it is simply just declare a variable of type "List of Student" and return it, see my update in the code above!
Raul Iloc at 12-Sep-14 2:42am View

You have my 5+!
Raul Iloc at 11-Sep-14 3:47am View

Thank you for your feedback!
Yes, your approach is very good.
Raul Iloc at 11-Sep-14 2:00am View

Raul Iloc at 10-Sep-14 8:50am View

1.You should get the data from the database and create the model objects from them and at the end to pass the Model as a "List" of "StudentclassInfo".
2.See my update above!
Raul Iloc at 10-Sep-14 4:09am View

See discussions in the next links: http://codingforums.com/javascript-programming/37279-detecting-browser-close-event-javascript.html?t-37279.html=
Raul Iloc at 10-Sep-14 1:54am View

This is related with the fact that you delete the IF condition for closing by using X.
See details in the next link: http://codingforums.com/javascript-programming/37279-detecting-browser-close-event-javascript.html?t-37279.html=
Raul Iloc at 10-Sep-14 1:52am View

That condition is to manage the case when the user close the browser by using X button from the upper corner of the browser window!
Raul Iloc at 9-Sep-14 8:39am View

I am glad that I could help you!
Raul Iloc at 9-Sep-14 2:44am View

Did you check my solution?
Raul Iloc at 8-Sep-14 7:32am View

Welcome!

PS: My solution was based on the info that you published in your question.
Raul Iloc at 8-Sep-14 3:37am View

See my update in the solution above (the 3rd and 4th points)!
Raul Iloc at 8-Sep-14 2:14am View

1."GridView" objects are used in ASP.NET application and in Windows Forms "DataGridView" objects.
2.See my solution update (2nd point)!
Raul Iloc at 8-Sep-14 1:40am View

Did you try one of the options suggested in my solution?
Raul Iloc at 7-Sep-14 12:04pm View

Welcome!
Raul Iloc at 7-Sep-14 5:18am View

No problem! Now is better.
Raul Iloc at 7-Sep-14 3:10am View

There are 3 errors, regarding String class, in the solution above, see details in my comment bellow!
Raul Iloc at 7-Sep-14 3:09am View

Raul Iloc at 7-Sep-14 2:42am View

You agreed a solution that is only partially correct! See my comments in the 1st solution!
For details about string class and string literals you can search on MSDN or you can read the next article: http://www.dotnetperls.com/string-literal
Raul Iloc at 7-Sep-14 2:39am View

Your solution is only partially correct.
You have 3 errors in your solution:
1.The String class does not have any constructor like this: String(string);
2.There is no "implicit operator" in String class.
3.Also there is no assignment operator "=" in String class, see details in MSDN!

So the expression: string s = "Hello World"; create a string literal (constant that will be store in the application) and then assign the reference to this constant to the variable "s" and are not any constructor or operators involved.
Raul Iloc at 5-Sep-14 8:23am View

I have checked your site and the page from browser cache is used, but if your try any action in the page from cache you will be redirected to login page. To fix also this problem see my update (4th point)!
Raul Iloc at 5-Sep-14 3:35am View

1.The source code from my solution should work, maybe you missed something, like clearing the browser cache before to testing the changes.
2.Your site is not accessible from the internet, so I cannot have a look on it.
Raul Iloc at 5-Sep-14 0:56am View

See my update with details code!
Raul Iloc at 4-Sep-14 12:45pm View

Did you check my solution?
Raul Iloc at 3-Sep-14 8:51am View

Welcome!
Raul Iloc at 3-Sep-14 8:46am View

This means that you did not copy (or missed something from) the WCF settings into the app.config of the test project!
Raul Iloc at 3-Sep-14 2:22am View

My indicated article is not about MVC, it is classical ASP.NET web application, and I provide there also stored procedure code for filtering and pagination that could be customized/extended.
Raul Iloc at 3-Sep-14 2:13am View

So, did you check it out?
Raul Iloc at 3-Sep-14 1:30am View

I agree with your solution. You have 5 from me!
Raul Iloc at 3-Sep-14 1:07am View

1.Thank you SA!
2.As I said above, my first version of the solution was based on the info that I had at that point in time.
3.You have my vote.
Raul Iloc at 2-Sep-14 14:02pm View

I got a negative vote to my solution, but my first version was based on the info that I have in the original question, so there was no info about hexa format, so if you vote me negative it will be nice to undo!
Raul Iloc at 1-Sep-14 1:05am View

Raul Iloc at 29-Aug-14 2:01am View

Other solution, and the recommended solution for web communication, is to use JSON format, but this format is a little different that your format. See details on the next links:
Raul Iloc at 28-Aug-14 4:38am View

Welcome!
Raul Iloc at 28-Aug-14 4:22am View

You should set:
smtp.Port = 587; smtp.EnableSsl = true; smtp.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
Raul Iloc at 28-Aug-14 3:55am View

I just checked by using my gmail account, so you have to do the next settings:
1.Enable IMAP access;
2.Use "https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps" to "allow the application less secured".
3.Use 587 as SMTP port number with SSL enabled and smtp.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
Raul Iloc at 28-Aug-14 1:47am View

Then, if you have the code from yesterday before your new changes, the sending email part should work also today, because accessing the database is not related with the sending email, but check if the data read from there is valid, maybe is a wrong value for email address read from the database or something. So you should inspect your code by using Debug during execution.
Raul Iloc at 28-Aug-14 1:44am View

587
Raul Iloc at 28-Aug-14 1:43am View

You should check your gamil Settings (there is an icon button in the upper right corner).
Raul Iloc at 28-Aug-14 1:33am View

1.You should check in your email client, like Outlook, in the account settings -> Server Settings.
2.But you could try to send emails without SSL enabled.
Raul Iloc at 28-Aug-14 1:29am View

1.Please check if the email is not in the SPAN list, or maybe the email will come after a delay.
2.You should try first to test your code by sending email to another existing gmail account.
Raul Iloc at 28-Aug-14 1:10am View

I just add a new solution there. Try it!
Raul Iloc at 27-Aug-14 6:55am View

SMTP host is the url to the SMTP service/server that will sent the email.
Raul Iloc at 27-Aug-14 6:46am View

See my update (the 3rd point) in my solution above!
Raul Iloc at 27-Aug-14 4:22am View

If you use the SMTP service from your web server, you could use 25 for port number (the default value), if you use "Google Email" you should use 587.
Raul Iloc at 27-Aug-14 3:01am View

The SMTP settings should use the settings (domain and credentials) of an existing SMTP service from your web server. You could also use a public domain like is "Google Email" but you should use in this case your existing credentials (similar with the example from the first link).
Raul Iloc at 27-Aug-14 2:24am View

The articles from the links should be used by you as starting point for solving your problem, but you should adapt and customize the provided source code for your context. For example in the 2nd article there are details about the SMTP settings that you must set up in your web.config in order to can send emails.
Raul Iloc at 27-Aug-14 2:03am View

1.Did you check it like I suggested, because if its "int" your above LINQ should work without problem!?
2.After the LINQ expression try to execute it into a "List" by using: "list.ToList()", then inspect each element in Debug, before to execute the for!
Raul Iloc at 26-Aug-14 2:04am View

Raul Iloc at 25-Aug-14 8:48am View

So did you comment that line of code?
Raul Iloc at 25-Aug-14 7:45am View

You should comment that line, because was I am using in my code my own class for logging, and I want only to underline you that there is a place where you can save the exceptions details into the event log!
Raul Iloc at 25-Aug-14 7:30am View

The code that I gave you is not form an MVC projext, is from an ASPX project and in my application is working. Note that you should change for your context and read also my 1st point from my comment above!
Raul Iloc at 25-Aug-14 7:24am View

1.Note that Application_Error will be generated when the user will try to access your application after the session was expired.

2.What did you try and is not working?
Raul Iloc at 25-Aug-14 6:21am View

Welcome!
Raul Iloc at 25-Aug-14 2:38am View

Thank you for your vote!
Raul Iloc at 25-Aug-14 1:47am View

I agree with you. You have my vote (5)!
Raul Iloc at 24-Aug-14 12:42pm View

Raul Iloc at 24-Aug-14 5:19am View

1.Maybe I was not so clear, the invocation of the HTML Helper has as parameter the lambda expression that dynamically use the X parameter and the given expression to build the returned URL; the parameter of type lambda expression, named "pageUrl", define that the expression must have an int as input parameter and a string as output, so the given "Url.Action(...)" will be used to build the returned URL as string.

2.The construction of the "anchor" tag ("TagBuilder" object from your custom HTML code) associates for each page the integer that will be sent as parameter when the user will click on it. So the anchor tag is build as HTML and when the user will click on it the browser itself will invoke the associated action that already has the INT parameter value inside it.

You could see details about the generated HTML of your View by using "View Page Source" in your browser.
Raul Iloc at 23-Aug-14 7:37am View

You need it, like also the error message said! Just try it.

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile