Comments by Marc Clifton (Top 10 by date)

Marc Clifton at 18-Feb-14 9:39am View

await and async are keywords, not API (at least, in my definition of the concepts) that set up continuation passing when the task is complete. Yes, you can use them with Task<>, but one of the neat things about await is that it marshals onto the context of the caller, which for my purposes is the UI thread, so no more BeginInvoke calls! Also, according the MSDN docs for asynchronous file I/O, they suggest using the new Async functions in conjunction with await/async.
Marc Clifton at 2-May-13 14:17pm View

I'm aware of that, but as the first link states, If this is a HTML document, you will need to parse it. and what surprises me is that I can't find any code samples for doing that. And yes, I'm aware that this is WebBrowser control independent, all I need is the HTML, which the control gives me access to. Marc
Marc Clifton at 2-May-13 14:17pm View

I have no idea how to respond to the original post. This is NOT an intuitive interface, Code Project!!!
Marc Clifton at 2-May-13 14:14pm View

Oh, I see what you mean. I'm not used to this forum format!
Marc Clifton at 2-May-13 14:13pm View

Ah, I didn't notice the option. Not sure how to change it now.
Marc Clifton at 29-Feb-12 7:39am View

Well, like you said, I'm what you'd call a .NET expert, hahahaha! :-D
Marc Clifton at 29-Feb-12 7:22am View

No, you're totally missing the point. I need to PARSE the type's FullName, a very crude example: <pre> public string ConvertToTypeAsString(string t) { string ret = t; if (t.Contains("`")) { // System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[System.Data.DataRow, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] t = t.RightOf('.').RightOf('.').RightOf('.'); // IEnumerable`1[[System.Data.DataRow, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] ret = t.LeftOf('`') + "<"; // IEnumerable< t = t.RightOfRightmost('[').LeftOf(',').RightOfRightmost('.'); // System.Data.DataRow, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] // System.Data.DataRow // DataRow ret += t + ">"; // IEnumerable } return ret; } </pre> Marc
Marc Clifton at 29-Feb-12 7:20am View

SAKryukov is trolling - I posted that question 3 years ago, then I posted a question yesterday, and now it seems like he's taken it upon himself to find other questions I've asked. I suppose I should take the high road and assume he's trying to be helpful.
Marc Clifton at 28-Feb-12 21:44pm View

I know what you're getting at, but I need to actual type for a dynamic, runtime piece of code which, among other things, replaces a token with the generic type used to construct the code generator. So, if, for example, I instantiate the code generator like this: new Foo<SomeType>() Then, part of the code generation process replaces the token /SourceType/ source; with SomeType source; By the way, the code generator in question is LinqTextQueryRuntime, a CodePlex project. Yes, there's better ways, with expression trees, but I'm just dabbling with different options for dynamic runtime LINQ. Marc
Marc Clifton at 14-Oct-11 10:24am View

Reason for my vote of 2 These seem like generic mistakes any newbie makes. I was expecting something more specific to the use of the language itself.

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile