Write an article that teaches the reader how to write code that runs on a smartwatch. Write something useful, write something revolutionary, write a small tip or trick, or write something that's just plain cool - anything you like! The goal is to share our knowledge on programming for Smartwatches. Any programmable smartwatch will do. The contest runs from September 16th 2015, to October 16th 2015.
Want an example article? Take a look at Pete O'Hanlon's great article, Grinding my Gears - Being the coolest server dude/dudette around.
**Be sure to subscribe to the message board at the bottom of this page to receive notifications of important contest announcements**
At the end of the contest one lucky winner will take home a smartwatch of their choice valued up to a total of $600! (Cash equivalent for those who cannot be shipped the smartwatch of their choice)
At the end of the contest one lucky winner will take home a smartwatch of their choice valued up to a total of $400! (Cash equivalent for those who cannot be shipped the smartwatch of their choice)
At the end of the contest one lucky winner will take home a smartwatch of their choice valued up to a total of $200! (Cash equivalent for those who cannot be shipped the smartwatch of their choice)
Submit an article on smartwatch development into our Wearables section (you will find this under our Internet of Things Chapter). See our FAQ for more detailed information on how to submit an article to CodeProject.
At the end of the contest, one author will be selected to win Grand Prize and two authors will be selected to win the Runner Up Prizes for their dedication and outstanding contributions.
Prizes will be awarded based on how closely an entry adheres to the conditions of entry, including:
If you have more questions feel free to ask in the forum below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles that match the contest
criteria are automatically entered.
Those with articles that match the contest
criteria are automatically entered.
1. How to Enter: CodeProject is offering the Contest and will award Prizes (as defined below) based on the results of judging all valid entries against the criteria established in these Rules.
The Contest begins on 16 September 2015 at 12AM and ends on 16 October 2015 at 11:59:59 PM US Eastern Daylight Time (“Contest Period”). CodeProject’s clock is the official time for the Contest. All entries must be submitted during this period in order to qualify.
To enter the Contest, write an article that teaches the reader how to develop a smartwatch application and submit it to the Connected Devices section in the Internet of Things Chapter of CodeProject.com before the end of the Contest Period.
Submit your entry at the URL www.codeprojectcontest.com. Participants must comply with the submission format provided by CodeProject on its website. Submissions must be in the English language.
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest or to be eligible to win a Prize.
We are not responsible for lost, illegible, incomplete, mutilated or stolen entries; errors appearing within these Rules, in any Contest related advertisements or other materials; or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise. Entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, delayed, lost, tampered with, incomprehensible, forged, mutilated, misdirected, inaccurate, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules will be disqualified. You must provide all of the requested information to submit a valid entry. Only those who live in jurisdictions in which this Contest is legal may enter.
Prizes may be withheld or awarded to another eligible registrant if these Rules are breached.
Prizes may not be exactly as shown. A reasonable US$ equivalent in lieu of the Prize may also be awarded at the sole discretion of CodeProject.
Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry unless clearly indicated otherwise. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is open to software development professionals & enthusiasts who are of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Residents of Quebec and of the following countries are ineligible to participate due to legal constraints: Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. All national and local laws and regulations of the participant’s country of residence apply. Residents of countries under U.S. embargo are not eligible to enter. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of CodeProject, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any company involved in the design, execution, production of this Contest ("Contest entities") are ineligible. CodeProject reserves the right to verify participant eligibility at any time and all participants may be required to provide verification of eligibility. Void where prohibited. You must enroll or be enrolled as a member of Codeproject.com to be eligible to win a Prize in this Contest.
3. Determination of winners:
Eligible entries will be judged by CodeProject judges at the end of the contest period. Prizes will be awarded based on how closely an entry adheres to the conditions of entry, including:
In addition, the votes and comments each submission receives on the CodeProject website will be taken into account. Judges decisions are final. You may withdraw your submission at any time by notifying CodeProject. Your right to win a Prize is terminated if a submission is withdrawn.
Winners will be notified by email following drawing and may also be announced in the Daily Build newsletter or other sections of CodeProject.com. We shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason and we are not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. Proof of response by a potential winner does not constitute proof of receipt by us.
All winners will be notified via email. If after seven (7) days of the second notification to the winner no acknowledgement or response is received, the Prize is forfeited, and CodeProject will select another winner.
Each winner acknowledges that, if and to the extent that CodeProject is legally obligated to provide a third party with information about any Prize claimed by a winner, CodeProject shall be entitled to do so.
4. Ownership and Publicity: CodeProject does not claim ownership of your submission to the Contest (please see the “Ownership” section in the CodeProject Contributors Agreement), but by submitting an entry, you grant CodeProject, its affiliated companies and necessary sub-licensees a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully assignable and transferable right and license, to edit, adapt, translate, reformat your submission, to post your submission (e.g. publish, display, perform, digitally perform) anywhere on our Site, to do what CodeProject feels it needs to do to manage and update the Site, to make and maintain back-up and archival copies, and to make your submission available to End Users in accordance with these Rules, CodeProject’s Contributors Agreement, and the specific EULA that you select.
5. Participant Warranties:
By submitting an entry to the Contest, you warrant that your submission:
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Prizes is US $1200. All applicable federal, state, and local tax laws apply. The value for any prize is based on the ARV at the beginning of the Contest Period. Because the ARV for any Prize may fluctuate, CodeProject has the sole right to determine the value of any Prize, or its cash equivalent, at the time that any prize is awarded.
Substitution or transfer of Prizes is not allowed, and Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. In CodeProject’s sole discretion, it may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, or the cash equivalent of the Prize. The winner accepts responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the Prizes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within seven (7) business days of notification. In certain countries, such as Canada, a winner may be required to correctly answer a skill testing question before becoming eligible to claim a Prize.
Apart from any Prize that may be awarded as part of the Contest, no compensation (monetary or otherwise) will be paid for your Contest submission. CodeProject is not responsible for Contest entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. CodeProject is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or any other persons or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
The Prize will be shipped to the winner’s residence using standard delivery. CodeProject is not responsible for a Prize if it is lost, stolen or damaged during or after shipping, and it will not be replaced by CodeProject.
7. Warranties and Disclaimers: Prizes come with the standard manufacture warranty only (if applicable), but Prizes are awarded “AS IS”. To the fullest extent allowable by law, CodeProject specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the Contest or the Prizes including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
8. Release of Liability, Issues of Law and Indemnity: By participating in the Contest, all participants release CodeProject, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this promotion, acceptance or use of a Prize. CodeProject assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of CodeProject in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, CodeProject reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including cancelling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. CodeProject reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be violating the letter or spirit of the Rules or is otherwise acting in a disruptive manner. CodeProject reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law for any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest. CodeProject shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website where applicable. All participants agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless CodeProject from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest without limitation.
9. Generally: CodeProject may make changes to these Rules at any time without notice to you. Participating in the Contest or accepting a Prize will constitute acceptance of the revised rules. These Rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
All trade names, trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned or displayed in connection with the Contest are the property of their respective owners and may not be used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of their respective owners.
If, for reasons beyond CodeProject’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, CodeProject, at its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest, without liability or further notice. CodeProject will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or illicit submissions, or for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, omissions malfunctions, and delays. Entries are void if they contain material typographical or other errors. All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest and any person who does not comply with these Rules, will be ineligible for any Prize(s) and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. For any feedback or questions regarding the Contest or the Prizes please contact email@example.com.
Quote:Create and Run Your First Smart Watch App in 5 Minutes or Less
Quote:write a small tip or trick
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.