I've been using tinyMCE with the moxiemanager plugin for years, but their pricing structure now is such that I may as well fork out the $1K or so for Telerik or ComponentOne, or similar (and get the added benefit of their other controls as well.). If there's a free on even better, of course, but I haven't seen any that come with a good file manager. Wondering what recommendations people may have... posting this here because it must integrate with ASP.NET winforms webforms applications.
... a decent server file manager (such as moxiemanager) is essential. Moxie also includes some basic image-editing functions, which is useful. But, of course, ease of use of the HTML editor by users not proficient is HTML is key. One place tinyMCE falls down is with bullet lists, ordered or unordered - it's never been good at handling them, and even their latest incarnation isn't brilliant, so any improvement on that would be a plus. One thing tinyMCE is good at though (now, finally) is handling content pasted in directly from Word, and that is huge plus, users being who they are...
Anyway, be interested to hear of your experience and thoughts.
I have a web application that I am maintaining. I made a change to the vb code, not the aspx page, and when I run the page now I am getting
: inserted at the beginning of the textbox. What can be causing this? I am using IE 11.
I tried re-loading the previous version of this program and it displayed the same behavior. So I restored the latest code and deployed it to the test server and there was no unwanted behavior, i.e. insertion of the . It seems the problem only occurs on my development computer. We are only allowed to run IISExpress locally here. There must be something with the patches that have been applied to developers computers.
I'm working on a login page for an website app and since it's the same layout and format as all our apps, I just copied the html and code pages from another app. Now the fun begins...
I save and close my work for the day. The next day I open the project and in the code page for the login screen are dozens of errors, mostly all the same "LoginUser" not defined (this is the id of the asp:login control in the html). I move the code file to the CodeBehind property and the 'not defined' errors go away....wth!
Save and close the project for the day and when I open it again, guess what! "LoginUser" not defined in the code file again. Move the code file back to the CodeFile property and viola, erros go away.