Your project is using these external components - TXiProgressBar, TFreeButton, TAdvStringGrid, TdxCheckbox, TZipForge, which are not found in the RAR file you've posted. You definitely need these components to build the project. I could get TFreeButton on the Internet, and could build the component. For TZipForge, I could get the installer on the net. However, I could not get the remaining three components. If possible, you should perhaps contact the original developer, who should certainly have these components with him/her. Alternatively, you could modify the project to use equivalent components available with standard Delphi 7 and use them.
Rather than linking to an unknown (read potentially unsafe) source, you could give details of those components which you are missing.
However, from the reply from Amarnath S, finding those missing components was not difficult.
I have tried to contact to the programmer but he/she is almost unreachable. He shared this source code in a forum but his membership is deleted now.
Thank you for the links you have provided. I downloaded all components it needs, but I think I can't succesfully install the components. I don't have experience and knowledge about Delphi so I can't solve the problem. That's why I need someone to compile and send it to me.
I downloaded all components it needs, but I think I can't succesfully install the components.
Did you download the correct version of the components for your version of Delphi? If the installation of these components failed, what were the error messages telling you? If you are trying to supporting an existing program, have you tried to contact the original developers of that program for source code and documentation? Has you present customer given you any hints as to the next stage if you are unable to support this existing program?
Delphi, it is in an unfortunate position. When Borland lost its way it lost countless customers and countless developers and its credibility fell through the floor. This in turn has the capacity to becomes a nightmare in terms of maintaining existing customers' software.
You have a choice to muddle on the best you can or suggest to the customer that the only solution is to replace these problematic programs with current development techniques and current development products.
As source code for many Delphi and C++Builder components were never released, and original developers of these components are no longer available for one reason or another, leaves you with effectively one conclusion - namely - to start afresh with new. But if starting anew is not an option, you could try utility programs such as Resource Hacker/[^] and the hacker's (read Cracking) "w32dsm89" programs to give you hints of what the program and its supporting DLLs do, but that is potentially a very hard and very time consuming thing to do and thus far too expensive to perform. Please note, using cracking programs such as "w32dsm89" I personally do not recommend, it could get you into trouble!
I am pretty sure that I have the correct version of components. But when I am trying to install some of these components, I can't because I don't have .pas files of this components. (I am a newbie in Delphi, maybe there is an other way )
Only thing I am trying to do is compiling this project. I have deleted references to XiProgressBar and the commands which needs XiProgressBar because it was not that important.
I've got a problem with a crystal report app (Delphi) and I need Help. I got the following code to work on two machines but it keeps failing on the client server. Can someone tell me why. PS The client server works with a XBase driver the two Machines I got it to work on runs a foxpro driver. That is the only thing I can pick up thats different...
I have inherited a Delphi project, and as a non-Delphi programmer I am only just getting to grips with its various strange idiosyncrasies.
One aspect of the application I am working on relates to an ADOQuery, and the formats with dates.
The query is written parameterized, however I have noticed incorrect datasets particularly at the start of a new month. I am guessing this is due to the SQL syntax normally using the US date format, whereas the system date is in the UK format.
I googled a few attempts at setting the date format, and found that using the parameterized is the best version, as then it doesn't matter what format is passed.
However I can't get the suggested methods to compile, using the AsDateTime: