Hi All, this my first time asking a question on here, so here goes..
We currently run SharePoint 2010 foundation environment using the product
as document repository with approval settings activated.
At this stage everything runs smoothly with approvals expect notifying
the document uploaded that there document has been either Approved or Rejected.
Now I know we can use the built in Alert Function with SharePoint but some of our sites have a huge amount of document libraries to which we don’t want our users and myself to go through each one and setup and alert for it.
I have gone down the Workflow road with SharePoint Designer and checked out what can be done; basically I found that I can only do this strictly for Document libraries one at a time which is the same for the alert function. Having said that my knowledge of workflows with SPD is kinda limited so if I’m missing something here let me know?
SO..this brings me to a question, I would like to know IF it is possible to setup alerts at sites levels. I would like to create alerts for document approval/rejection per site can this be done with say custom code?
I have searched google for answers but it looks like this cannot be done without custome code?
AFAIK there is no central place to configure alerts (I think I understood your requirements ) for all the doc libs, I would suggest to use Powershell to iterate all libraries and enable alerts on them.
Rajesh, thank you for your response, I did think to go down the powershell road but not sure where to start, although I did see an article http://salaudeen.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/managing-alerts-using-powershell.html but this doesnt really explain how to do this for ALL document librarys for a particular site? any ideas?
I don't have the time now to research this, but I believe it's possible. I would look at some site workflows and how to associate them via code with the resources you are looking for, probably fed from an xml file or something. In other words, you may not be able to follow traditional methods, but I am sure that there is a component useful from an api perspective that can do this. You may also look for a third party component at codeplex or for a fee from the Bamboo Solutions people or something like that. Keep at it and I think you find a way. This also sounds like a common need, so you may discover a market for this as well.
I have a infopath form that is published in Sharepoint 2007. I am trying to figure out how to edit the infopath form. I didn't publish the form in which the previous guy that worked here did. When I click on the form it opens up as a webpage. I want to attach a document to the existing infopath form. Any ideas on how to edit a infopath form then republished it to sharepoint?
I have a list named "Designation" that contains a Designation Code and Designation Name. I have another list named "Employee" that contains Employee Name and Designation Name (as a Lookup Field). I am able to insert values to "Employee" list using the following code.
I have installed SharePoint server 2010 in my server (windows 2008 R2), on that time I have provided an administration privilege to that installation account (AD Account) (identity account).
The same account I have used in multiple areas like Central admin, Web front End, DB installation, SMTP configuration etc.
I have seen the account is referring in multiple services and app pools are run in this same account.
Now I need to change the privilege from administration to least.
I don’t have any idea about the impact.
And how to do the following activities/ analyzer
1.What are all the areas it will impact
2.How to change the privilege
3.What is the procedure (which one is a first ,which one is a second activity)
4.What are all the steps need to follow
5.Where ever need to change that details
6.Is it possible to change the password for this account?
7.Account swapping is possible?
8.It is possible to changes from this account to any other new least privilege account.
Kindly help me for these activities are successfully complete.
Thanks for your help. I can put the script in the ascx file just fine. The problem is that when I try to access document.getElementById('<%# input1.ClientID %>'.value I get the error input not found. It seems that the input control on the ascx can not be found.
Perhaps you are not familiar with Dev toolbar operations. Click the HTML tab, then the arrow below it. Move to the IE window to highlight an element and click on it. You should see the details of the rendered element in the tool window. You can the find the ID that has been given to the rendered element.
Using JQuery you can find an element using a selector, such as
This will find any element whose id ends with myElement, regardless of the name mangling applied by ASP.NET
Failure is not an option; it's the default selection.
I used the Dev toolbar and it showed the id of the rendered element as 'txtMsg' which was the actual id in the VS markup. That is what I was using with the getElementById which it could not find. Now, I am confused.