Currently i have two domain(a.com.vn and b.com.vn). I installed domain a.com.vn in farm server. Now i want to add user of domain b.com.vn to sharepoint server. Please help to check or solve for this issue.
I've built a feature for our training department, which up until today has worked as intended. Today wrote some code in the feature activation that will add a new SharePoint group called 'Travel Plaza Managers' (Travel Plaza is a department within our organization that runs our gas stations).
On the feature activation I first run a function called 'checkForGroup', which checks to see if the group has already been created on the site. Here is the code for that group:
'''<summary>''' Checks to see if the group exists in the the site
'''</summary>'''<paramname="groupName"></param>'''<returns></returns>'''<remarks></remarks>PublicFunction checkForGroup(ByVal groupName AsString, ByVal web As SPWeb) AsBooleanDim group As SPGroup = NothingTry
group = web.Groups(groupName)
Catch ex As Exception
EndTryIfNot group IsNothingThenReturnTrueElseReturnFalseEndIfEndFunction
If this function returns 'False' then I call another function called 'CreateTPManagersGroup', which runs this code:
'''<summary>''' Creates the Travel Plaza Managers Group
'''</summary>'''<paramname="web">The current web</param>'''<remarks></remarks>PublicSub CreateTPManagersGroup(ByVal web As SPWeb)
'create the owner of the groupDim owner As SPUser = web.SiteAdministrators("username")
Dim member As SPMember = web.SiteAdministrators("username")
'get the groupsDim groups As SPGroupCollection = web.SiteGroups
'add the Travel Plaza Managers to the list of site groups
groups.Add("TP Managers", member, owner, "These are the current Travel Plaza Managers of the Choctaw Nation")
Dim newSPGroup As SPGroup = groups("TP Managers")
Dim role As SPRoleDefinition = web.RoleDefinitions("Read")
Dim roleAssignment As SPRoleAssignment = New SPRoleAssignment(newSPGroup)
So, the first time I ran this, the activation ran fine, but when I went to see if the group had been created the group name wasn't there. Figured I may have done something like not actually deploy the current version of the feature, so I did another deploy from Visual Studio and got the message saying that the group name had already been used.
Did a debug on the feature activation and each time 'checkForGroup' returns 'False', but I still get the same message that the group name has already been used. I can't remove the group because it doesn't show up on the website, so what am I to do?
I'm looking for a working example that I can load into Visual Studio and connect to my Sharepoint server and enumerate through the subsites pages. For the last 6 hours I've been trying to figure out how to connect to the Sharepoint web services and do read only and have been failing and have literally made 0 progress. Something is wrong with my understanding
I need a generic working basic example so that I can use that as my baseline and build from that.
Sharepoint allows for the creation of a "wiki" page that mainly is an area to put files etc that people can collaborate on and all can see what is happening to the document. A wiki page is contained within the team site. Microsoft has a few good video's on sharepoint that instruct on these things.
i used solution from site http://thumbextsp.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Home%20English. installed wsp in sharepoint 2010. i insert web part but nothing.when i hover on word document just it's show popup window with x and nothing. the fiddler show message 401 and
GET http://192.168.0.33:49098/sluzbait/_layouts/SPThumbnailExtender/MobileGenericHandler.ashx?usecache=true&doc=%2Fsluzbait%2F%D0%94%D0%B5%D1%99%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%2FRe%C5%A1eni%20problemi%20na%20ra%C4%8Dunaru.docx&c=true HTTP/1.1
anybody have solution for this or some the another solution?
HTTP Error Code 401 means: Authorization required. You have to enter your username and password somewhere (and perhaps use an authorization cookie obtained at that step then later when you request documents...).
Can somebody out there help me with the installation procedure to set up a SharePoint 2010 development environment on a virtual machine. Also with the valid softwares link to download the same. I am trying to get the Visual Studio Professional 2010 download file, but I am unable to get it. Please help me with that link also...
thank you so much for all the help...
We have SSRS report working fine in sharepoint integrated mode in Dev environment. Dev environment has SQL server 2008 R2 and Reporting services are configured in sharepoint integrated mode. I can see the Report server URL and Report manager URL in Reporting services configuration manager. Reporting services are configured using reporting services configuration manager in dev environment. Either browsing the report directly in browser or viewing the report using report viewer control in visual webpart works fine in dev environment.
Report does not work in staging. Staging environment has separate database server, sharepoint server and reporting services server. It has SQL server 2012. Reporting services is configured using Reporting services service application. I am unable to find the report server URL to use for report viewer control in visual webpart in sharepoint reporting services service application.
we have Sharepoint server 2010 in both development and staging environments.