But I hve some questions to be answered about this project. Those are
1) What are the steps involved in Registry Cleaning ?
2) What all can be cleaned ?
3) What all should not be done ?
4) How do we clean a particular Key ?
5) What are the different operations involved ?
6) Do we have the technology to implement all the operations ?
7) Can we automate all the operation if you have a database of
things to be cleaned?
8) Where do we get the list of database of things to be cleaned ?
Please Help me.
Thanks in Advance
George K Jolly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have a small problem in VC++.i want to get the index value for the tree item of a tree control.i have used the class CTreeCtrl class but i couldn't find any method which returns the index value.
so quickly help me with a solution
A tree control item doesn't have an index, since the tree doesn't represent a simple linear list. Each item in the tree has a handle. Using that handle, there are methods provided by the CTreeCtrl that you can use to change the item itself, get the child items, and so on.
This is not really a problem, just wondering if anybody else has encountered the same problem and how they deal with it. I use VC6 to code multilingual programs (English and Chinese simplified). I usually use the built in resource editor to create the dialogs/menus along with their text.
Here is where I usually encouter problems. The editor allows for the input of Chinese characters, though after compilation the exe incorrectly displays them. My way of rectifying the problem is to open the *.rc file in a text editor (UltraEdit) convert to unicode and save (though now VC6 reports it as being damaged), build clean, and no problem.
Is there a simpler way of doing this? Maybe I should also point out that I create a MBCS build and that the final build must be win98 compatible.
Open the .rc file as text, and in all your dialog resources, do this:
Change DIALOG to DIALOGEX
Change the FONT to "MS Shell Dlg"
Add the DS_SHELLFONT style
The VC6 resource editor predates these features, so you will have to re-do them after editing a dialog in the editor. Usually only the DIALOGEX part will be undone, so a simple search and replace of "DIALOG " with "DIALOGEX " (note trailing spaces) will fix it right up.
Thanks for the info. As stated in the origional post, this is not a Unicode build. Reencoding the resource file to UTF8 didn't solve the problem. The editor was able to open it, but the characters were still distorted.
I have made a Project derived from CRichEditView and I want to paint the Client-Area.
The painting works perfectly there, is no flickering at all but there is a problem with the caret and the displayed signs. The caret appears completely strange and the displayed signs are not visible.
Here is all I added to my project:
Hello. I have a custom control that contains a couple of buttons. When I place this control into a dialog, it works fine for the most part, but when I set the dialog's 'Control' and/or 'Control parent' properties to true it hangs when I click on one of the buttons in the custom control.
Is hangs and seems to get stuck CWnd::IsDlgMessage.
Any thoughts on why that might be?
The structure of my dialog is the following...
Anyone have any general thoughts or tips about that structure? I know that's a little vague, but I'm just wondering about how to ensure a setup like that all flows well together and creates properly.
Thanks for any help.
Hey guys, im trying to unmangle c++ decorated names. The code is below. I think there is something wrong. If i comment out the "printf("final : %s\n",final);" line, the output seems fine. Else now, it throws some garbage.
I used to use Borland's IDE and they had a cool tool called an object browser (I think) which was analagous to an object-oriented pedigree. It is essentially an image of boxes representing classes and lines representing relationships (vis inheritance). I find it a much simpler way to visualize complex inheritance than the object browser included in MS's product. If there an add-in or this facility built in which I have just not discovered yet?
I have a big code base that has been developed for a while. Unfortunately, they did not use exceptions at all for floating point divde by zero. Fortunately, when I was using visual studio 6.0 I was able to get the debugger to jump in when such an exception occurs.
The problem is now we are migrating to visual studio 2003. There is an option to have the debugger jump in when a floating point divde by zero occurs (debug->execeptions or crtl+alt+e), but it does not seem to be working, atleast for a blank console application. Could this be because the application is a console application and not a win32 application? Or can we not rely on the debugger.
This is the simple program I used to test:
double x = 5.0;
double y = 0.0;
double z = x/y;
What should occur is that the debugger should do something when it see x/y by jumping in. I have the option enabled: c000008e Floating-point division by zero and I set it to break into the debugger if the exception is not handled.
I know that we should be using try catches, but this is to test and algorithm and once again the code base is huge.
AfxGetModuleState() returns a pointer to a MFC internal state structure.
// initialize CWinApp state
ASSERT(afxCurrentWinApp == NULL); // only one CWinApp object please
pModuleState->m_pCurrentWinApp = this;
ASSERT(AfxGetApp() == this);
So basicly the AfxGetApp() pointer is setup in the CWinApp constructor. If you really want to know the internals of MFC then thge best place to look is in the MFC source files. Using the visual studio debugger to step through the sources is the best way.
You may be right I may be crazy -- Billy Joel --
Within you lies the power for good, use it!!!
Last Visit: 27-Jan-20 1:54 Last Update: 27-Jan-20 1:54