By default VS2005 new projects are set to UNICODE, you need to change this in the project settings for MBCS. The reason for you not being able to see non english characters is probably due to a local setting. Without seeing any code there is not much else I can say to help you.
I've an exe and related folders in the Machine1.
The exe will be run as a service using srvany.exe in Machine2 and Machine3.
Based on the availablity of network connection I need to stop or proceed the application. I'm getting unhadled exception instead of catching the exception.
if the exe is run from the system where the exe and dlls are, the exception will be caught properly.
Why do this happen?
Just before opening a recordset, i disable and enable the network connection.
While opening, it throws an exception which is not getting caught, though i've given CDBException, CException, default exception block.
In the dbcore.cpp, it goes to the catch block of Open() from where TROW_LAST is called and writes these trace messages.
State:08S01,Native:11,Origin:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]
State:01000,Native:10054,Origin:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]
General network error. Check your network documentation.
The hierarchy is like this CRecordset->CMyRecordset->CTableRec.
The CMyRecordset::Open() will check for network availability before calling CRecordset::Open().
The network availablity is checked using:
SQLRETURN nReturnVal = ::SQLGetConnectAttr(m_hdbc,SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD,
bStatus = (BOOL) ((nConnectionStatus == SQL_CD_TRUE) ? FALSE : TRUE);
bStatus = FALSE;
bStatus is always 1, irrespective of network connection.
How do i check it or how do i handle the unhandled exception?
The best way is to draw each dialog for each language due to the diferent length of words in different languages (it will be easier to move), and to have string table for each language for specific messages.
to load string:
DESKDELIVERY_IDS_PAPERPORT_FOLDERS - is ID of string in string table(For Each Language must be the same)
After this you will have dlls with different languages and same dlls names, better to place them in separate directories, and depending on selected languge copy them to program folder and load.
Ofcourse you can use one dialog for all languages, but it is more comfortable to edit form in designer, than you will write case statements for each language calculating size of label, button etc... - its horror if you have big project. Imagine that one of your strings will not fit in one line what would you do? Or imagine that you will need to change some text, in designer it's simply, while with one form you will need to find it in code and set new coordinastes, so if your project is not too big you can use one form, but if big I advice you to use separate forms.
After compiling and executing I have such dialog: http://www.is.svitonline.com/pan193/misc/incorrect_dialog.PNG[^]
Menu with correct characters - and the body itself without special characters - they are converted to english.
I need language specific characters. So the question is how to fix this? Where is the problem can be?
The above example will call an existing Jomar process (StockItem.getStockItemList) passing a request XML (blow left). The JSIAPI interface will return a response XML (below right).
I write one DLL program which creates one thread.
but when I call AfxBeginThread routine, I find that AfxBeginThread hangs and dont return.
When I trace the code , I find that , in THRDCORE.CPP at following line, my program hangs.
// start the thread just for MFC initialization
VERIFY(ResumeThread() != (DWORD)-1);
VERIFY(::WaitForSingleObject(startup.hEvent, INFINITE) == WAIT_OBJECT_0);
at second VERIFY routine my program hangs up and waits for infinite.
I dont know the reason. but if you know please let me know.
I have a dll which uses a static library in it . this dll is compiled with MFC support by static library.
A second DLL loads first dll. this second DLL is compiled with MFC support by dynamic link library.
I dont know this settings of MFC is the reason of Thread hang up.
i developed a com addin for msword in MFC
i have done the registration issues for it ,and i added a menu item for invoking the addin functionality , so it is registered and working properly for a NEW word document.
the problem occurs when i OPEN an already saved word document, when i click the menu item the famous error message appears "Microsoft office word has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvience"
when i work on a new word document i can attach to the word process and debug, but when i work on an opened word document i can attach but the break points are not active
one simple golden rule:
but iam not sure weather it suits for ur application.
if break points are getting disabled, then use some message boxes to localise the problem.
just try it.
you can even redirect the log to a file and observe it offline.
How we can disable task manager for all the users of the system.
I know that we can do it for current user of system by registry. But I want a way to disable task manager for all the users of windows 2000 or windows XP system.
Last Visit: 23-Oct-20 2:26 Last Update: 23-Oct-20 2:26