Thanks Richard. Yes, I think they moved the SMTP server to a separate box, and have subsequently put DNS forwarding for mail.mydomain.com to the new server, so that it works but does not automatically authenticate. That would also explain why it broke again for a while but subsequently worked once the DNS changes propagated.
The subdomain that is still working without a password is an oddity - as far as I can tell it's on the same server (I guess there may be some checks I can do to verify, even looking at the IIS logs etc maybe). But as they've now setup a dedicated mail server it seems unlikely it would still be on that box... I'll do some more tests (and clone a page from one of the other sites to this one, as the code is slightly different though not using a password) to verify it's nothing different in the logic.
I run multiple sites with this host, and manage sites for clients on other shared hosts - all seem to suffer from the problem of unplanned, unannounced and undocumented configuration changes that break sites. I guess the majority of their income comes from static or otherwise trivial sites. I left my last host because they changed DBMS (from MySql to MariaSQL) with no warning, breaking a number of things, and claiming that MySql had been "renamed" MariaSql. That level of ignorance and stupidity was truly scary so they barely saw me for dust...
I know there's one already... Nicely packed inside the Entity Framework 6 package!?
So if I want to singularize or pluralize (English) words I have to add a package to an old version of an ORM, nice!
It also doesn't work all too well with EF Core.
Because I want to work with language...
The service wasn't added to .NET Core, but luckily someone ported it... Which also implicitly adds it to my EF Core designer messing up my database generation
Anyone know of a good alternative that has nothing to do with databases?
Funny - they have a Dasherize method, but they use Hyphenate instead of Hyphenize.
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 ----- You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 ----- When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
The article starts with "the issues..." and "The problem of..."
If you look at the (ported) source code of the EF pluralizer[^] you'll see it's mostly exceptions
It even includes the word "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis"
Hi can anyone help? I've been stuck with this issue for the past 2 days. I'm trying to run asp.net application in visual studio 2019 I've tried changing the port numbers, it doesn't work, it still pops up with the error "unable to connect to web server IIS Express'. I've deleted my vs folder with the config like 100 times, restarted visual studio, did a clean and build, restarted my PC. None of this has worked. I've looked into the list of processes and I can see this port is not being used. I've tried using netstat to find what's using that port no luck. I mean it doesn't make any sense, any ports I tried I get the same "unable to connect to web server iis express error. This is happening to multiple projects in a solution but when I create a new project in a fresh solution, I can run new projects fine. I've also tried visual studio 2017, no luck! So the problem is with these web projects. Someone please help I'm a bit frustrated.
IS that 5xxxx port in use? Then it should be possible to identify the guilty from the Network tab in Resource Monitor, and you can see which process is the culprit. If there is no trace of port 5xxxx in Resource Monitor, then the error message is wrong, and you must search for other explanations.
My guess is that after an earlier run, the closedown ran into issues so the cleanup wasn't done properly. Maybe there is a stray detached process holding that port (then you'll see it in Resource Monitor), or some table of "ports that I have opened and must remember to close" table wasn't ceared. Both of these would most easily be solved by a controlled shutdown and reboot.
If you have rebooted since the problems arose, to no avail, there may be configuration / state info saved in the registry, application specific ini files etc. Right now, I am fighting a problem in an IDE: Every now and then things lock up. and the only way to unlock it is to delete the entire build directory. Earlier today, I had another problem: When one project setup was corrupted, I wanted to select another one - but the IDE always initialize e.g. directory searches from the settings of the current project, whose values were corrupted. So the selection dialog locked up completely (even after deleting the build directory of the current project), and I couldn't select another one. Fortunately, I found a list of "recently opened projects", and selecting one of those updated the defaults for the project selection dialog, overwriting the corrupted values.
I have no idea about where those corrupted values are stored, and I had to resort to tricks to get them out of the way. You may have to go on a similar hunt . As a last resort, I could have wiped out the entire IDE and reinstalling it from scratch; fortunately I didn't have to do that (reinstallation takes quite some time). Maybe you will end up with having to do that.
a solution for my problem , how to use this code with the new Datagridview, the probleme is with property hasrow, i add the data to the DataTable and use that as the binding source for the DataGridView.