We have here intensive (think LOUD) discussions about how many programmers we need for our project.
I would be happy if you could give me an estimate about how many you think we need to see if I'm completely wrong or not.
- It is a product, not a customer specific app only for one customer.
- We must develop an test it, then install and support it on the customers sites.
- We are faced with our old sins... err, I mean versions (Patching old versions)
- There are components running on the customers server and on their clients (10...1000).
- For all customers an upgrade path must exist for the data in database and for server/client apps.
- Web application with various pages.
- Webservice with many webservices also for third party apps (we must negotiate these with them)
- A database for central data handling (SQL Server, ANY version > 7, many tables, storedPros)
- In total about 46 Visual Studio projects which must be built and with Installshield (four more projects) converted to a setup
- It supports four user languages.
- It must be tested on OS >= WinXP and different IE versions (you know the pitfalls)
- About 399'000 lines of code in 1440 files (without comments and autogenerated code, counted with LOCCounter from Microsoft with standard settings).
What do you think who many employees does such a project need?
It would be nice hearing an estimate from you.
modified on Friday, February 11, 2011 4:15 AM