I've built a custom workflow for SharePoint 2010 and would like to end the workflow at certain points based on values entered into the list item. I had originally used a codeActivity object that contained the following code:
However, with just that line of code, the workflow will still run until it gets to the end. So, I ended up adding this line of code:
ThrowNew Exception("Ending Workflow")
This stops the workflow, but I'm not cool with using an exception to end a workflow when no actual exception was thrown. I've looked up on the web about ending workflows and there were a few posts that had you set the tasks in the workflow as completed. However, in this workflow I don't actually assign tasks, so there isn't any tasks to complete. Does anyone have any suggestions I could try?
We are currently using color coding and calendar overlays to achieve the following results:
1. Color Coded Events
2. View all the Event detail in each date of the calendar month.
3. Removed Sunday and Saturday
Issues we are receiving:
1. Fridays events are slim and you cannot read anything in the event date.
2. Any Event that has a week or even 2 -3 days of meetings, do not show up correctly on the calendar. So if I create and event for Tuesday to Wednesday the following week, it will not display it correctly because we removed Sunday and Saturday. Is there a way to resolve this issue?
Would your tool assist with these issues and what we are trying to achieve?
Code Project - Event Calendar Listing Web Part (SharePoint 2010)
There are two lists in my app that are joined by a lookup column. The parent list is named TransactionHeader and the child list is named TransactionItems. For every item in the TransactionHeader list there will be one or more related items in the TransactionItems list. What I'm trying to do is retrieve items from the TransactionItems list but join to the TransactionHeader list so that I can also retrieve related data.
This CAML always results in a 'Cannot complete this action' message being displayed.
A little more information in case it's important; after building the query I'm loading the TransactionItems list like so:
var ctx = new SP.ClientContext.get_current();
var camlQuery = new SP.CamlQuery();
var list = ctx.get_web().get_lists().getByTitle("TransactionItems");
TransactionItem.TransactionItems = list.getItems(query);
If anybody can give me a steer as to where I'm going wrong it would be appreciated. If you need any more info then please ask.
How will you set up a Platform for Testing SharePoint WebParts?
Set up a SharePoint Development Server when you want to debug. For testing you should use a Test Server Instance of your Farm server, but for WebParts a Test Webapplication would do the same. If you want to test all programming then a Test Server is to be recommended.
I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction if this is possible to run on a system that does not have SharePoint services installed.
First let me say I have very limited experience with SharePoint services other than using it as a table in MS Access.
My need is to pull data from an existing database and update a SharePoint list nightly. It will need to be either a Console app, Windows App or PowerShell script that can be scheduled to run from a job server nightly. The job server is a Windows 2008 server without SharePoint installed.
In my searching I have seen several references to using the Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell in PowerShell, but I can't seem to find that on my system. Similarly in C# console app I am unable to include the Microsoft.SharePoint.
I have built a quick solution in MS Access to update the list, but it requires a person to run the process.
I have a small problem. That's is by using SharePoint Server Object Model need to get the version wise document of a particular document in library. But I tried I got wrong output. Can ant one tell me about this issue.
A document library having 1 attachment and enabled versioning for that library. If the document is versioned like 1.0,2.0,2.1. Now want to read all versioned files one by one along with that particular version content and title. Any one suggest to reach out from this problem.
Just, go to library, select the correct document, from the ribbon (assumed it is SharePoint 2010/13) go to File/Item -> Version history -> click on the Date and time link, the file will be downloaded of that version.
Then you can review and do the modifications you want...
In SharePoint 2013 site settings for a Site I have made a Variation Label name as "en" as shown in image with red box. Now I want to change it to "en-us"
But according to my search I found out that through OOTB its not possible to change in any way. Can it be possible to change through any other way , powershell script or else ??
If yes please help me to sort out this thing.
Here are the image links of dropbox where you can refer to my steps to problem that i am facing :
1. Pasting Youtube embed code in video gallery: SPVideo Image 1
2. After saving it comes to Videopage (which plays video) : SPVideo Image 2
3. XSL Webpart list page where all videos are listed in image video(from above xsl code) : SPVideo Image 3
4. A popup which opens a Dialog (from above xsl code) :SPVideo Image 4
I have been trying to search this issue but unable to resolve this from 2 days.
Please help if you have any solution. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi All, please help me out.
I'm working on a project built in sharepoint 2010 enterprise. I have a discussion board, with 1 subject(default view) top tier and 1 Flat view.
Using conditional formating in default standard view, I've easily hidden reply column(with condition $thisNode/@ItemChildCount > '0') when needed. But It does not work in Flat view.
I have also created Threaded view. But so far I wasn't able to be succesful in Flat view and Threaded View.
In Flat View and Threaded view, no conditional formating(tried many condition on many html tag for testing) works. I don't know whether its a SharePoint bug, or there are any thing else which needed on particularly for Flat view or threaded view.
Requirement : Currently, I have a site which is developed in SharePoint Online 2013. Where we have a section for software, which are saved in a different server (FTP Sever). And we have added those FTP links in our page.
Example: which is hyper-linked with external FTP URL : ftp:///SoftwareName(it may be .zip, or .exe or any kind of setup file)
Whenever authorized person want to download the s/w, the user will be redirected to FTP.
We are facing slowness issue with our FTP server, so now we want to save those softwares in Azure Storage.
• Please guide me which azure storage will be suitable for us?
• How to upload software in Azure without writing a single line of code.
• Can we use the Azure Storage as FTP server, where we can save/upload/delete/update the software
• If user is logged in into SharePoint Online (Office 365), will Azure require the login again? while accessing/downloading the software, if we get all things(Azure and SharePoint Online) under one tenant.
• The software download page which is created in SharePoint Online, is accessible by few user or groups. Can same group of user have login access to Azure to download the software? is it possible ? (Because in our existing environment, we have given FTP access to limited user, only they can download the s/w, when they access the link, it's asking for username and password).
Thanks in advance!
Kind Regards, Virendra Kumar
Last Visit: 20-May-19 10:52 Last Update: 20-May-19 10:52