Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
What’s new in this release?
We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.6.0. We have been working hard to bring the useful improvements with this edition of the Aspose.Imaging API. This is a long awaited feature that will surely ease the developer’s life who wish to resize the images while preserving the Aspect Ratio. With the release of Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.6.0, the API has exposed the ResizeWidthProportionally and ResizeHeightProportionally methods to the base class Image. You have to use any of these methods to either pass the width or height to resize the images proportionally. We had to provide this feature at some stage so why not now. With the latest enhancements to the Aspose.Imaging for .NET API, users can convert the CAD drawings such as DWG & DXF to raster image formats. In order to implement this feature, the API has exposed the CadRasterizationOptions class with properties that enables the customization of the rendering process. User may set the page size for the resultant image, control the background and drawing color schema, shrink or expand the drawing to fit the resultant canvas and center the drawing as per application requirements. The TIFF (Tagged Image File Format) file format supports various types of compression whereas the compression type is stored as a tag (an integer value) in the file. One of such compression methods is Adobe Deflate (previously known as Deflate). Since the release of Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.6.0, the API supports both Deflate & Adobe Deflate compression methods for loading, converting & creating TIFF images.Aspose.Imaging for .NET API can be used to convert colored images to Black n White or Grayscale format for printing or archiving purposes. The API provides two Binarization algorithms (Binarization with Fixed Threshold & Binarization with Otsu Threshold) for this purpose. Whereas the conversion to grayscale images is done through the process of converting a continuous color tone to discontinues array of gray shades. Color adjustments in reference to the digital images is one of the core features that most of the imaging libraries provide. These features are now also available with Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.6.0. The main new and improved features added in this release are listed below
- Provide conversion between Color and CMYKColor
- Resize Image proportionally with Image.Resize method
- CAD to Raster Image Conversion
- Support for Binary DXF to be converted to PDF
- Conversion to BW or grayscale
- Support for brightness, contrast and gamma update for a specific raster image
- TIFF Codec is enhanced and now support Deflate compression method
- TIFF Codec is enhanced and now support AdobeDeflate compression method
- Loaded pixels differs from sample is now fixed
- [Investigation Required] TIFF (Old JPEG) problem, possibly related to JPEGProc field is fixed
- Incorrect result is corrected when Jpeg is converted to PNG
- Re-saving the TIFF image with CCITT4 compression renders in black image is now fixed
- [Dxf to Pdf] Exception is resolved when user tries to render incompatible DXF format
- [CAD to PDF] Setting PdfOptions.CenterDrawing to true is improved and now take effect properly
- DWG to PDF: Chinese character issue is resolved and now converted correctly
- Incorrect results are fixed when PNG is converted to JPG
- Apparently damaged image generated by Imaging is fixed
- Fix problem with dimensions
- Improved jpeg encoding performance
- [Cad To Pdf] Fix Mtext size estimation
- Crop issue is resolved and now seems to work correctly
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Imaging for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Imaging for performing different tasks like the followings
Overview:Aspose.Imaging for .NET
Aspose.Imaging for .NET is an image processing & manipulation component that allows developers to create, edit, draw or convert images in their .NET application. It allows developers to convert image files to PSD, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and GIF formats. Moreover a set of pens, brushes and fonts can be used to draw images or add new elements & text to existing images. Aspose.Imaging for .NET works well with both web & windows applications. Moreover, it adds the support for Silverlight platform.
More about Aspose.Imaging for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.