Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
What’s new in this release?
We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.2.1. This new release includes over 30 enhancements and bug fixes. Aspose.Cells for .NET is an easy to use spreadsheet creation, manipulation and conversion API that provides all the features that Microsoft Excel provides. Cell validation is one of the features that spreadsheet designers use to stop users from inserting invalid values into a particular cell. With the release of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.2.1, the API has exposed a simple mechanism that identifies if data validation has been applied on a cell. Use the Cell.GetValidation method to acquire any applied validation. If there is no validation, the method returns null. Similarly, use the Validations.GetValidationInCell method to acquire the validation applied on any cell by providing its row and column indices. In addition to determining whether validation has been applied, you can also verify if a given value satisfies the data validation rules for a particular cell. This feature is useful in scenarios when you want to verify if the value entered in the cell satisfies the data validation rules on the fly. The Aspose.Cells API has exposed the GetValidationValue method for the Cell class. If the value entered in a cell does not satisfy the data validation rules, the Cell.GetValidationValue method returns false.Prior to the release of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.2.1, it was not easy to calculate the absolute position of a given shape in a worksheet. The latest revision of Aspose.Cells for .NET has exposed a simple mechanism for achieving this by exposing the LeftToCorner and TopToCorner properties for the Shape class. These properties store the absolute position of the shape inside the worksheet in unit of pixels.Aspose team has fixed a number of critical issues with this release. The most noteworthy problems that version 8.2.1 has fixed few problems that caused the System.ArgumentException & System.IndexOutOfRangeException, improved the features related to the hyperlinks in a spreadsheet as well as enhanced the PDF rendering engine to improve the fidelity of rendered shapes, charts & page breaks. This release includes few enhanced features and plenty of bug fixes as listed below
- Support the option of showing the legend without overlapping
- Verify that cell value satisfies data validation rules
- Disable Text Wrapping for DataLabels of the Chart
- Produces unreadable content error in XLSM file are now fixed
- Now can avoid Row Labels when created pivot using Aspose
- File gets corrupt on opening and saving is now fixed
- Diagonal Text Box appears Horizontal when spreadsheet is converted to PDF
- Diagonal Text Box appears Horizontal when spreadsheet is converted to HTML
- Thickness of arrow lines of Visio diagram is corrected in the output PDF
- Excel to image with rotated Shape issue is fixed and now rendered correctly
- Wrong shapes exported to image is fixed
- Graphic rendering issue is resolved while converting XLS to PDF
- Incorrect Page Break is fixed while rendering the spreadsheet to PDF
- Unwanted extension of border is fixed while rendering spreadsheet to PDF
- Addition operation in Excel footer now properly working in PDF rendering
- Printing on both side of the page
- Hyperlinks for the shapes lost in the rendered PDF file format is fixed
- Unreadable content is fixed after opening and saving Xlsx file
- Excel unreadable content error is resolved while generating Hyperlinks
- Value of cell L45 is corrected for calculate formula
- Excel limitation regarding Hyperlinks Count in Aspose.Cells
- Incorrect reading Scatter chart type and name range references is now fixed
- Footer now corrected when converting from SpreadsheetML document
- Show data table with legend key of chat
- Logo Disappearance is fixed in the output PDF file
- Incorrect formula copied to cells when inserting rows into tables is now fixed
- Aspose.Cells corrupting spreadsheet containing external data
- pie, doughnut. Calculate formula
- Hyperlink in PDF of XLS
- Smoothed line on Scatter Chart contains loops is fixed
- Scatter Chart image shows wrong X axis grid markers is now fixed
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Cells for .NET
Aspose.Cells is a .NET component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. It supports robust formula calculation engine, pivot tables, VBA, workbook encryption, named ranges, spreadsheet formatting, drawing objects like images, OLE objects and importing or creating charts. You can also create Excel file using designer spreadsheet, smart marker or API and apply formulae and functions. It supports CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007.
More about Aspose.Cells for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.