Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
What’s new in this release?
We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.1.0. It brings a number of improvements to Aspose.Tasks’ project data rendering capabilities, making output closer to Microsoft Project’s (MSP) output. It also includes a number of fixes for issues reported with last month’s release. This month’s release enhances the capabilities of rendering source MPP columns to TaskUsage and ResourceUsage views. This is in addition to the other supported views Gantt chart, task sheet and resource sheet views. Aspose.Tasks already provides the capabilities to render footer elements in the output. This month’s release further improves this functionality by including the following additional information to the footer:
- Tasks deadline rendering in a Gantt chart.
- Tasks progress rendering in a Gantt chart.
- Project information such as name and current date.
- Start, finish and duration to page legend.
- Inactive milestones, summary and manual summary roll up to Gantt chart and page legend.
Aspose.Tasks for Java now allows you to render project data to several output PDF files. Earlier this facility was only available when exporting to image files. Aspose.Tasks for Java now provides a feature that allows you to customize the date/time format for rendering. This month’s release introduces the TextStyle property that can be used for custom styling for overallocated resources. The implementation of the TextItemType.OverallocatedResources enables for customizing the color and style for the overallocated resources. This month’s release also fixes a number of bugs that further ads to the overall API functionality improvement. These include task reading exceptions while loading some MPP files, reading tasks from a MPP, missing output data while rendering MPP to PDF, issues related to Gantt chart and many more. Below is the complete list of new features and important bug fixes included in this release.
- Implement SF links rendering
- Implement manual column rendering as Task Mode with indicator
- Implement field aliases rendering when saving project views
- Implement original label format rendering for timescale tiers.
- Implement Gantt Chart timescale tiers rendering for weeks-years and days.
- Add Inactive milestone, inactive summary and manual summary roll up rendering to GanttChart and page legend
- Add start/finish/duration only to page legend
- Add task splits rendering to GanttChart and page legend
- Add external tasks rendering in GanttChart and page legend
- Add project info to legend
- Retain the text color while MPP -> PDF conversion
- Use source MPP GantChart TimeScale information for rendering to PDF
- Customize Date/Time format from source MPP to PDF
- Render all the columns as per source MPP: Provide support for TaskUsage and ResourceUsage
- Provision of Rendering Extra Resource Information while rendering MPP
- Saving Project Data to multiple PDF files
- MPP->PDF, Footer section now contain all symbols as compared to PDF generated by MSP
- ResourceAssignment.setWork raises exception
- UID differ while conversion from MPP -> PDF
- Columns from source MPP now retained in output PDF
- MPP->PDF generates blank output is now fixed
- Link arrows with negative lags missing between task in Gantt Chart is fixed
- Tasks from MPP can now be read, issues are resolved
- TasksReadingException exception raised while opening the MPP is fixed
- Actual Start/Finish now updated for parent tasks
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for Java
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.
More about Aspose.Tasks for Java
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - The .NET and Java component
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.