that really depends on what you mean by 'standalone' - I'll assume unless otherwise corrected you mean as in 'not connected to a remote database ie on another machine in a network' .. in which case, yes, very possible - there are versions of MSSQL that are light enough, there's SQLite and plenty of other databases you can deploy with your application for a 'standalone' install - the decider between databases is/are the usual questions concerning databases
how ? make google your friend - read voraciously - trawl CP for example projects - find an example that you 'grok' and use it as a model for your own case - the only way to learn is to do.
When you have specific issues, there are forums here you can post technical issues on
Hey everyone i am working on an old code which was written for 'Xtion pro live RGBD camera' my task is to make it compatible for kinect v2, i.e. it must take the input form kinect v2 instead of the old camera. Can somebody help me in the regard that which part of the code to be changed and any idea how to do that?(Working with c++ in visual studio 2013 (The old code includes Opencv, OpenNI and NiTE linked to it)).
(As far as i understood i have to change only the part of code where image acquisition is happening but its too complicated for me as i am new with it)
Hey everyone i am working on a code where i have to detect angles between the 3 joints i.e. Hip,Knee and ankle, would be grateful if someone here can help me out.(I am working with c++ in Visual studio 2013(The old code includes Opencv, OpenNI and NiTE in it)).
I am inserting text to CListCtrl Items with function
SetItemText(). The text contains '\t'. I would need to display the text of the subitems with expanded tabulators.
Is there a way? I cannot find any hints about this issue.
you propose to replace with number of tabs?
it's much effort, because I need to loop over the text and replace by different number of tabs (depending on position).
further this works only for fix size fonts.
Well the issue is quite simple: if the control does not expand them for you, then you will need to do it yourself. You can use the GetTextExtentPoint32 function[^] to calculate the average size of the characters, and use that information to calculate the width of the tabs.
hmm, maybe I do not understand this approach completely!
I could calculate the text size and tab position. but when replacing the tab character with a number of blanks, I will not get an accurate tab position. it will looks quite crude over several lines. further I will have additional issues with the blanks, when I want do make in place edititing.
Is there any possibility to draw the text of an subitem by myself? e.g. if I would catch a notification message that an subitem needs to be drawn, that I call a function like CDC::TabbedTextOut() ?
sorry, I was talking about '\t', the ASCII sign for tabulator.
If I assign a text with SetItemText() to a CListCtrl item,
the tabulator is ignored completely.
e.g. "label:\tsome text which should begin at next tabulator position"
The CListCtrl is not viewing any spacing for the tabulator.
Of course, since it was not meant to handle it as a special case. One solution would be to call AfxExtractSubString() to break your source string up into its individual tokens. Then you could call InsertItem() to insert an item in the list control, followed by SetItemText() to set the text of subitems.
"One man's wage rise is another man's price increase." - Harold Wilson
"Fireproof doesn't mean the fire will never come. It means when the fire comes that you will be able to withstand it." - Michael Simmons
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles
I used CppSQLite3_2.zip freeware and wrote some Windows service to manage SQLite DB.
As a simple application, it acts well.
ex. In the application for test, this code reported proper value.
const char* gszFile = "e:\\Test\\Database\\Server.db3";
int TryOpen(char * sql)
SQLite3DBCpp *db = new SQLite3DBCpp;
SQLite3QueryCpp q = db->execQuery("select * from my_settings");
But after implemented as a service, it doesn't returned any values.
ex. in the service program, I used the above code directly.
Here I tried to give SQL cmd as a parameter.
Thank you for your kindly advice.
But my vaccine 365 security reject it as a virus. But www.virustotal.com doesn't report it as a virus. I also have no clue on it, maybe the vaccine detects the approach to the registry by debug mode built service.
Now I'm using Error log file and monitor its action.
Please check this function and give me your precious advice.
sQuery = "select * from my_settings";
If I set this value like this, SQL query will be succeed, but only using sQuery normally will be failed. Simple query such as "select * from my_dbversion" will be succeed but large data querying will be failed. I don't know the clue.