I created one site(Site actions-->New Site) called TeamRoom by using sharepoint foundation2010.And I created 4 pages in that site.But how to host that site in IIS.Can you please let me know in a step by step manner.
But how to host that site in IIS.Can you please let me know in a step by step manner.
You don't have to hosts new sites, it's automatically done. You just have to do that, if you want that side to reached by another domain-name.
You find your first wcs under "http://yourdomain/" and by standard alls subsites with "http://yourdomain/websites/subsitetitle"
I'm using the following code to create an SPFieldUserValue object from an entry in a SharePoint People Editor control on an app page:
Dim requestorCol AsNew SPFieldUserValue
ForEach entity As PickerEntity In sppeModifyAccount.ResolvedEntities
requestorCol = New SPFieldUserValue(web, Convert.ToInt32(entity.EntityData("SPUserID")), entity.Key)
This is working 99% of the time, where it is able to search our AD and resolve to the person's name typed in the control. That is, until today when we were doing one final bit of beta testing and the form wouldn't submit.
After debugging I noticed that the user who's name was put into the control didn't have an ID listed in the entity. My initial thought is that the user we are placing in the form hasn't been to the site yet, and thus doesn't have an SPUserID associated in Sharepoint for her user account. I am having her test that out now, but is there another way around this? We are using Foundation and don't have user's log into the site.
Found the issue. This is because the user had never signed into the SharePoint site, and thus was not in the User Information List. We're using Foundation, so I don't have the option to use User Profile Sync. Is there anything out there (preferably free) that I could use to get all my users into the User Information List?
I am trying to put an on-page anchor point on a SharePoint (.aspx) page and get a syntax error. I have done this many times on html pages and even copied from an example on W3C to be sure I was doing it correctly. It worked in the "try it yourself" page on W3C but not on the .aspx page.
I am doing this:
I think only id is necessary but put in the name attribute to see if that would work.
<ahref="#jump_here">Jump to section of page.</a>
I am getting a syntax error but do not see where I have coded it wrong.
Does anyone use on page links on a SharePoint page? What can I do to make this work without generating an error?
Turns out it was a problem with my browser. I noticed I was getting a syntax error on web pages from other sites. A reset of my group policy fixed the problem and all works well using the code shown above.
The report of my death was an exaggeration - Mark Twain
where sharepoint site collection is stored which i created
The SharePoint WebSiteCollection is stored in the Database.
There is always direct Access for you. Every WSC has a link you find in the central administration, when you look at the WebSiteCollections.
How can i go to website properties
- Go to the WebSiteCollection
- Click on the Menu "Site Actions" (it's there when you are logged and you got enough rights)
There is "Site Permissions" for setting rights (and "Site Settings" for configuration)
- Click on Site Permissions
Now you see a lot of groups and some users.
- Select a group you want add users to. I don't know the English names as I'm using the german version.
The group opens
- Click on "new" and then "add user"
- Enter the user names to be added.
you explain how to set column permission through workflow?which workflow is used for this purpose
Well I wasn't precise enough. There are no coloumn permission regardless whether you use workflows or not.
You can use views to show or hide columns and workflows to switch rights on roles during a process.
If you use Infopath-Formulars you can change if a field is editable or not corresponding to the state of a workflow or to the role a user has.
I am having a problem with an expiration policy not working.
The policy was working fine, then I deployed a new wsp via an upgrade script (which is done regularly without problem). It did not include any changes to the custom policy, or content type.
I was able to get documents to route once by doing the following:
1. Republish all content types for the site collection
2. Run the Content Type Hub timer job
3. Run the Content Type Subscriber timer job
4. Run the Information Policy Management timer job
5. Run the Expiration Policy timer job
Performing the tasks above only routes once, but then it wont route anything after that unless I perform the above steps again.
Update: Strange...but whenever I do anything with the feature or content type, such as deactivating or activating the feature, it will route. But only once.
What I did this time was:
1. Disable-SPFeature and wait for it to complete
2. Enable-SPFeature and wait for it to complete
Then ran the appropriate timer jobs in the correct order and it routed. But if I add another document, it wont unless I re-run a command.