If all that interests you is obfuscation, any simple routine (such as XORing the string with another string) will hide the string. However, any serious attempt at reverse-engineering your code will use an API logger to see what your code is actually doing.
As it is always possible to intercept a Windows API, any serious attempt to hide a registry key is doomed to failure. You might want to look into encrypting the contents of the key (i.e. using a binary blob rather than a string). Many encryption algorithms exist, depending on the level of security required.
If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack.
I had such compiler errors in the past with older VC versions.
To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
I always solved the problem following the above. There was one case where it could be solved by just exchanging two lines of code. In the other cases, I re-ordered some code or moved code to an additional function.
I don't remember if I had the linker error afterwards too. But it is obviously sourced by the compiler error (the compiler exits immediately when that error occurs).
- C, C++ declining due python and other high level languages
- C, C++ programming structure comes from Jurassic era
- Programmers are always redesigning the wheel
- New software are heavy weight, so they takes lots of time to upload from hard disks
- Every time a new project is written it must be copied the functions so perhaps it exist different functions version in the hard disk
- In the hard disk exists dozen of projects with files and functions distributed in a unclear structure
To design a new precompiler (perhaps based in geany) that performs the following tasks:
- Look for all functions in a function directory
- Write them in a tree
- The user drags and drop the functions from the tree using the mouse
- The pre compiler writes the C program to be compiled using only the needed functions
- More over the precompiler can access to web sites with functions written by other users
- In the project it will appear a dictionary that advises what functions are used
- If a function is modified it advises of the affected projects in order to write it with different name
- It will be easily readable in a tree the functions dependence with other functions
- Build the makefile
- User can navigate through the project function tree structure to see one function
- The precompiler adds multithreading headers if it is possible when some functions works in parallel
- The precompiler can change the calling variable type with others (example double to float) and modifying internal function type definitions accordingly
As example the user can write an only one file named “matrix.cpp” that contains ALL matrix functions like the followings. The commented lines before explain the function.
//matrix2 is the inverse of matrix1. The matrix1 and 2 are squared
//matrices of NxN dimension
matrix_inverse(double *matrix1,double *matrix2,long N)
//high speed inverse of two arrays
matrix_inverse3x3(double *matrix1,double *matrix2)
//matrix3=matrix1 x matrix2. The dimension of the 3 matrices is NxN
matrix_multiplier(double *matrix1,double *matrix2,double *result,long N)
There are some questions, not one:
- If anyone is interested in help me to make the precompiler (I can extract the functions but not display them to drag&drop using mouse)
- What is the right forum or subforum (in codeproject if possible)
- If it exist a code editor where the precompiler can be added
Don't you think your first two assumptions are a bit like click-baiting for a response?
One approach is to make your thesis into providing a "novice" or a Java or C# developer the ability to rapidly create a C/C++ application without having to know how to use pointers or code in the language.
Look back at something called "Software through Pictures" STP, and there is another product one of the process control companies makes for modeling potential solutions.
But it looks as if this will only tell me if the signature is A) valid and B) from a trusted publisher.
How do I verify that the signature is from a specific publisher?
For instance, I'm worried someone could strip a signature, modify the file, then sign it with their own certificate. The signature in this case would check out, but it wouldn't be from the original publisher.
Is there a way to verify the specific publisher, or is there something about code signing I don't understand?
The difficult we do right away...
...the impossible takes slightly longer.
Sir, I have coded a program to get a string form a file and compare the string present in the file and which I have defined in my program.
I am using
FILE *opn = fopen("C:\\test.txt","r");
to achieve this and "strcmp" to compare the strings.
I need a suggestion for implementing my code to get the strings of all files present in my computer and comparing with the string which I have defined in the program so that I can find the presence of that file in my computer.
Kindly help me.
You can use the FindFirstFile function[^] to start a search for files in a directory tree. As you get each file's name you can then read its contents and search for the text. Do not be surprised if it takes a lot of time.
Sorry Sir, I think I have not explained my question correctly.I am looking for function which gets the string(will be equal irrespective of the file size) of all files present in the computer and compares with the string which I have defined in my program.More precisely I am looking for a program which searches for the "strings" irrespective of their names.
Yes I understand your question. And the way to do it, is to get the list of all files in your target set, and then read each file in turn in order to find the string. You can use some the strXXX functions[^] to speed up the searching.
Sir, What if I do if I run the executable on another computer.I have only "C:\\ and D:\\" drives if I run the executable on another computer which has "C:\\ D:\\ E:\\ " drives my code ultimately fails .How can I get the list of all files on the computer on which my executable runs.I sincerely thank you for giving me the excellent link for speed up my searching.