So I got tired of having to post articles across different sites, using different editors and none of it really linking up with me. I am by no means abandoning CodeProject - you'll still see my code articles here - but I am going to be writing a regular blog on all sorts of stuff so check it out!
After emailing with CP's one and only Chris Maunder I have decided to delay V1.1.6 and have paused development while they develop things to help out myself and CP users in general. Keep watching the project because I'll post progress updates every so often!
Latest release of my code project app (yes already! I am updating this with new features rapidly )
This release (and the one between this and the last I announced) now includes:
- Now hanldes empty tables (previously had caused entire article not to display if a table had no cells/rows)
- Anchors using ID tags now supported.
- A couple of other minor rendering bugs.
- Login/Logout is now possible from the menu.
- If logged in, you can now rate articles and tip/tricks.
- Article rating is now displayed in blue underneath article title (along with number of votes).
- Underlying code now supports POST requests with data.
So after releasing the first version of my Code Project App yesterday I am about to release V1.1. This update will include:
- URL Encoded searches properly
- Made article images load in proper order (they used to load from bottom to top)
- Some minor article processor fixes to stop failed displaying of some articles. (No longer trying to set Span on 0 length string).
Only current problem is that http://www.codeplex.com is dead/not working so I can't upload it just yet.
The full list of features is:
- Latest articles list
- View articles
- - Stores a "back-list" of articles
- - Cache's article text and images for offline reading
- - Can be refreshed to overwrite cache
- - Can open links to files and external links in the web browser for further viewing
- Stores a "back-list" of searches
- View account profiles
- - Under settings, set your Account Name to load your account details
- - Remembers previous points and tells you how many you've gained since last use
- - Includes viewing articles & tip/tricks
- Remembers tab from last use
- Custom font-size can be set
- Can disable rotation for just this app
To download the app and/or source code just go to: http://ecncodeprojectapp.codeplex.com (When the site comes back online that is...)
I am going to continue to update this app regularly and if it becomes really good (or lots of people start helping out on it) I will then pay to upload it to the Android market as a free ad-less app
Hope you like it!
Last Visit: 19-Jan-19 4:04 Last Update: 19-Jan-19 4:04