I have been busy recently. However, I have spent a good amount of time on VivantList and the next update will be big. I posted a screen shot of the new Rounded Column Headers. http://www.vivantlabs.com/controls
It is interesting how no matter how much you know, there is always more to learn. Today for example, I was addressing some problems with speed and memory when using controls in Detail View in VivantList. I traced a big part of the problem down to code in an event handler function for OnLayout. As per Microsoft’s suggestion I moved redraw triggers from the Resize event to Layout. Like an idiot, I did not think and realize that I would be triggering the Layout event by moving around controls in the list! It is a bit of irony because I moved the code there because putting it in Resize will cause SuspendLayout to be useless as it will cause it to cancel the Suspend, which I thought might not be so hot when moving around a bunch of controls.
As for the other bug, it is a real head scratchier. I am registering column header events for visible rows, and un-registering them as rows are hidden. Well, they are not un-registering and I have no idea why. I know when I find the problem it will be something incredibly stupid.
So, you might be wondering, why did I release another build so quickly? Well, sometimes it is hard to judge how long a bug will take to find. I found the main interface bugs and had just finished working up an oscillating ColorMask so I decided to make it green for St. Patrick’s Day. So I pushed it out despite the fact that the column headers do not work yet. I will be working on the column headers, and they should be working in the next build.
It is for a little while longer anyway. I am releasing a new build of VivantList. I made a new ColorMask for the occasion. The log on the page will be updated tomorrow. http://www.vivantlabs.com/Controls
After a failed attempt to whip up the column header track for the detail view using Controls and docking, I wrote the whole thing from scratch. To get the visual effects needed, the entire Column Header line is owner drawn using an image as the buffer. I wrote an interface for it to a windows form for testing, but I plan to interface it with the ListContainer control in VivantList. By keeping the list and the column headers together, I should be able to carry over all but the windows border to a D3D version of VivantList in the future. Of course, that version will not support embedded controls.