Comments by Henry Z. (Top 9 by date)

Henry Z. 9-Jan-21 14:14pm View

Ralf, you really need to try to understand the code instead of just copying it from the internet. The code you posted is very poor, for example serialport, serialport1 and serial1 are all mentioned in your code which is implying three different serial ports. Your code as it stands here will do nothing since the code never mentions .open for serialport1 which is in your serialport1_datareceived event and the serialport1_datareceived will never be ran because you never assign the datareceived event to the sub routine... My suggestion to you is to open up hyperterminal and see if your scale is configured correctly for outputting the weight to the serial port.
Henry Z. 8-Jan-21 16:31pm View

Welcome and thanks for asking a question. What is the make and model of the scale controller you are trying to connect to? Most scale controllers have two modes which are "Demand" and or "Continuous". Demand will send the weight after a command is sent to the scale controller through a serial port whereas "Continuous" will output the weight continuously without any user interaction. You can usually configure your scale controller for either mode but for that you will most definitely need either a manual or you have to contact the manufacturer of the scale controller.
Henry Z. 8-Jan-21 16:28pm View

Henry Z. 23-Nov-20 1:55am View

It's hard to help out when you don't provide the Make and Model of the device you are trying to connect to...
Henry Z. 5-Nov-20 0:25am View

Yorkshire, Glad I could help. I downloaded the original project changed the .net framework and rebuilt the project, however the 1st build had some issues regarding some of the .net dll dependencies were still referencing old higher .net 4.0. So the true fix was to change the .net framework for the project and add the misc .net 3.5 dependencies and rebuild the project/dll.
Henry Z. 2-Nov-20 22:30pm View

Yorkshire, I have duplicated the error on myside and have fixed it using a few modifications, please send me another dropbox link so I can give you the updated dll file.
Henry Z. 1-Nov-20 0:15am View

YorkshireCap, I have downloaded the source and have rebuilt the .dll targeting the .Net framework 3.5 now how to I go about getting the .dll to you?
Henry Z. 30-Oct-20 23:53pm View

a .net control is not universal. Usually a .net control will not work with any .net version but instead is designed for a particular .net version or above furthermore the .net control may be designed for x86 only or x64 only or designed for both x86 and x64. Usually the requirements are found within the documentation for the control.

ok, for my test I created a new Visual studio project, downloaded the .dll, unblocked the dll. I made my visual studio project x86 only and I had to step through the .net versions until the Agauge control properly could be added to the toolbox. I started with .net 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 all of which didnt work than I moved to .net 4.5 which worked . For your project try X86 and target the .net 4.5 version and it should show up properly in the toolbox.
Henry Z. 30-Oct-20 23:16pm View

YorkshireCap, can you share with me where I can download the source files so I can investigate your issue more fully...