13,148,136 members (40,617 online)

Comments by Ravi Bhavnani (Top 200 by date)

Ravi Bhavnani 11-Sep-17 16:19pm View

So did you try the sample I uploaded for you?

Ravi Bhavnani 9-Sep-17 12:38pm View

OK, I think I found the problem. Performance tracking of network utilization (a measure of upload and download rates) is specific to a network adapter, not an application (at least I don't know how to obtain the value for a specific app.

I was able to write a small console app that tracks network utilization for all network adapters installed on the system. The app is based on code I founs on SO. You can download the source code from:

Ravi Bhavnani 7-Sep-17 21:56pm View

You said you didn't modify the code at all, right? Well, of course it won't work - it's looking for an app called CUPC.exe. Did you even take the trouble to read and UNDERSTAND the code? I think not.

Ravi Bhavnani 7-Sep-17 18:40pm View

> i didn't do any changes to get errors
That's good - I understand.

My point is, we can't debug this problem for you. You have debugger and the MSDN docs at your disposal, so please use both. It will be easier for us to help you if you narrow down the issue to a specific problem. But don't expect us to drop everything and test this code for you. Have you browsed Stack Overflow for similar questions? Simply saying "I did what you suggested and it didn't work" is not fair to those who volunteer their time to help you.

Ravi Bhavnani 7-Sep-17 18:20pm View

So debug it and determine what's causing the problem. Blind copying and pasting is not the way to write code. If you have a specific question, we'll try to help you. But we're not here to do your work for you. CP is a volunteer site and we all have real jobs that occupy our time.

Ravi Bhavnani 7-Sep-17 17:55pm View

Yes. See this SO post for an example:

Ravi Bhavnani 5-Jul-17 9:00am View

Clearly you're brain damaged, Carlo!

Ravi Bhavnani 3-Jul-17 6:00am View

Try the suggestions at this page and let us know if they helped.

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Jun-17 21:54pm View

From what the Quora thread says, you can't do what you're trying to do.

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Jun-17 21:44pm View

Yes, that's what I thought. See my response 2 comments up.

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Jun-17 21:34pm View

Can you try sleeping the thread for a longer time (e.g. 1 second instead of 100mSec)?

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Jun-17 21:27pm View

Is the Chrome driver displaying a modal window that prevents you from accessing your form? According to this thread, you can't use the Selenium Chrome driver to test a WinForms app.

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Jun-17 21:21pm View

Apart from the incorrect loop condition (should be i < 100, not i <= 100), your code seems OK to me. Are you able to cancel the background worker if you comment out the Chrome driver stuff?

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Jun-17 20:58pm View

(Replying out of thread because CP is broken)

Have you set the worker's WorkerReportsProgress and WorkerSupportsCancellation properties to true?

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Jun-17 20:56pm View

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Jun-17 20:42pm View

Please show you construct and setup the background worker.

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Jun-17 17:19pm View

"If I understand the question right"

What question? Screenshot #1 can't be displayed and screenshot #2 is a class hierarchy.

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Jun-17 11:45am View

See my updated answer.

Ravi Bhavnani 9-Jun-17 11:37am View

"I want the source code for the problem described below."

And I want to be rich and famous. Will you help me? No. Nor will we. Life doesn't work that way. If you haven't yet realized that, I hope you soon will.

Ravi Bhavnani 17-May-17 12:08pm View

Nice.

If you're looking for nostalgia, check out my MS-DOS port of CCA at http://ravib.com/adv/

Ravi Bhavnani 17-May-17 11:58am View

Is this an original game or are you writing Collosal Cave Adventure using Unity?

Ravi Bhavnani 5-May-17 13:56pm View

You may find this article interesting: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1182854/D-FaceViewer

It shows the complexity of tasks related to image processing.

Ravi Bhavnani 5-May-17 13:14pm View

Minhaj, what you're trying to do is pretty complex and unfortunately can't be explained in a single post. At the very least, you'd need to identify what part of the image represents hair and the hairline, and modify the pixels in that region. If you want to do anything more than change the hair color (e.g. change a hair style, make the hair longer, etc.) it would be a lot harder.

One app that amazes me is the one that simulates aging a face. The logic and techniques behind that blow my mind.

Good luck in your quest. If you find something and are able to build a sample app that does what you want, it would be great if you posted it as a CP article.

Ravi Bhavnani 24-Apr-17 21:07pm View

Wouldn't it have been faster (and easier) to Google that instead of signing up at CodeProject and posting this question?

Ravi Bhavnani 24-Apr-17 17:34pm View

Did you even take a minute to read the stack trace? The error is you're trying to trying to cast an PWR_UI.MediaButton instance to a Windows Forms Button. We don't have enough information to know why you're doing that.

Ravi Bhavnani 15-Apr-17 21:21pm View

> But what if there were no spaces in my textbox

You have to first establish your program's requirements. I assumed you want to identify duplicate WORDS, where a WORD is text separated by one or more spaces. Searching for duplicate segments in an unbroken string is a (much) more complex problem.

So the question I have is, what kind of data is your program supposed to consume?

Ravi Bhavnani 15-Apr-17 20:15pm View

Does your program work correctly with this text: BAND AND BAND? I would expect your program to identify "BAND" as the only duplicate word.

Ravi Bhavnani 13-Apr-17 16:31pm View

Yep, that's what I meant by the handle reference.

Ravi Bhavnani 13-Apr-17 13:49pm View

Are confusing Pascal syntax with C/C++? Did you mean to use * or do you really mean to use a handle reference?

Ravi Bhavnani 2-Apr-17 13:30pm View

(1) How to assign a value to a variable by using expression? in C language
If you truly have no idea how to do this, you need to re-read your programming textbook.

(2) Find average of the two nos without division or ternary operator
One way to do this would be to successively increment(decrement) the smaller(larger) of the two numbers until you converge at a common value, which is the average.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Feb-17 19:46pm View

I think you can achieve your goal by modelling your logic on the code in this article:

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Feb-17 19:42pm View

I apologize - I misread OnSetCursor() for SetCursor().

But I'm confused by your desire to show/hide a tooltip window. I thought you wanted to automatically end the dialog when the mouse has been stationary over the dialog for 5 seconds or more?

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Feb-17 16:40pm View

Please don't expect me (or any other CP volunteer) to do your work for you. And if you expect us to send you a custom solution via WhatsApp, you're smoking some really good s---.

Why are you using SetCursor()? The purpose of that method is to set the visual cursor and has nothing to do with determining the position of the cursor. Instead, override CWnd::OnMouseMove() to determine whether the mouse is within the bounds of your dialog. You will need to write additional logic to compute how long the mouse has remained stationary over the dialog in order to determine whether the dialog should be automatically closed.

Ravi Bhavnani 21-Feb-17 16:08pm View

> inherited forms.
Ouch, ouch, ouch. That will rely on your inherited form to have labels with the same name as the parent form. Inheriting UI functionality is fine but inheriting the raw UI is awful due to the restrictions it places on naming. If you want to inherit the form, have your inherited method be generic - i.e. let it accept a Label control as an argument (vs. assuming the child form has a label named "lblFoo").

Ravi Bhavnani 16-Feb-17 16:02pm View

IMHO, your friend is on drugs. Using a goto to go anywhere except to the END of a block is highly not recommended, because that makes it almost impossible to mathematically verify the correctness of the algorithm. I recommend reading this paper: http://homepages.cwi.nl/~storm/teaching/reader/Dijkstra68.pdf.
Ravi Bhavnani 14-Oct-16 13:42pm View

May I ask why you want the text to be different?

Ravi Bhavnani 14-Oct-16 12:39pm View

Does this SO answer help?

Ravi Bhavnani 30-Sep-16 16:45pm View

> I used simple file storage method but it dint help too.
What do you mean by "it didn't help"? What happened? What exactly did you try?

Ravi Bhavnani 21-Aug-16 17:21pm View

See this link: http://www.codeproject.com/Messages/1278604/How-to-get-an-answer-to-your-question.aspx

Ravi Bhavnani 11-Aug-16 17:02pm View

Does the answer at this page help?

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Jul-16 21:43pm View

Are you passing your api key? It's required by the track.search API.

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Jul-16 16:12pm View

Of course it's not common, but some apps (like screenshot takers and Task Manager) have a valid reason to always be on top. Note, if 2 apps both have TopMost set, the one that is most recently clicked will be on top of the other one. Of course, a dev could abuse this feature by setting TopMost in a timer event which (unless they have a very good reason) isn't recommended.

> it does not make sense to have a singleton to a modal dialog.
I agree.

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Jul-16 16:12pm View

> it does not make sense to have a singleton to a modal dialog.
I agree.

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Jul-16 14:54pm View

The OP's code seems to imply there's a singleton dialog that is shown when an event occurs in another thread, hence the check for InvokeRequired. The dialog seems to auto-dismiss after a timeout. For this reason, I suggested making the form TopMost (after making it visible) when it needs to be shown.

The TopMost property is the easiest way to ensure an app is "always" visible on the desktop.

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Jul-16 12:02pm View

Try DataFormDlg.Instance.TopMost = true;

Ravi Bhavnani 3-May-16 0:16am View

What you want to do is draw the image in a clipped region. This article and Googling for "win32 draw image" should be more than enough to help you meet your goal:

A Guide to WIN32 Clipping Regions

Ravi Bhavnani 27-Mar-16 10:14am View

Yes, I know. I was offering a syntactically simpler approach to starting an .exe from your app.
Ravi Bhavnani 26-Mar-16 10:51am View

I assume you meant "without use of a Windows API". If so, you can use the system() function, but note it's not as efficient as using CreateProcess (on Windows). See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/277bwbdz.aspx.
Ravi Bhavnani 8-Feb-16 11:48am View

Try writing to the event log (or write to a log file) when your app starts up. That will allow you to verify that your app is in fact not starting, vs. crashing right after startup.

Ravi Bhavnani 3-Dec-15 13:51pm View

A DVD rental costs $300!?

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Nov-15 8:35am View

> It is used to ensure that classes implementing the interface have the signature methods
and/or properties :)

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Nov-15 18:37pm View

Does this article help?

Ravi Bhavnani 17-Aug-15 13:58pm View

Odd - that works for me. :(

Ravi Bhavnani 30-Jul-15 12:42pm View

Agreed - the AutoSixe=False, Anchor and TextAlign=TopCenter is a much nicer way!
Ravi Bhavnani 26-May-15 11:32am View

If you want to know the cursor position at all times (regardless of over which Control or Form the cursor may or may not be), simply check Cursor.Position in a timer tick handler. The timer can be a child of your app's main Form.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-May-15 10:51am View

What's your question? We're not here to do your homework.

Ravi Bhavnani 21-May-15 10:38am View

What is a "panel" node? What technology are you using? WPF? Silverlight? WinForms? Web?

Ravi Bhavnani 15-May-15 14:20pm View

System.Windows.Forms.ListView
System.Windows.Controls.ListView
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListView

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Apr-15 8:41am View

> I am trying to code this in C#.Net but did't get success yet,
That's extremely vague. What do you mean by "didn't get success yet"? You need to be specific when seeking assistance. Also, show the code you've tried.

Try the accepted answer on this SO page and see if that helps:

Ravi Bhavnani 21-Apr-15 7:51am View

Absolutely. My 5 was for the link to more details about the aspect of audio.

Ravi Bhavnani 20-Apr-15 20:03pm View

Good point - 5'd back! :)

Ravi Bhavnani 8-Apr-15 10:33am View

> i don't want unnecessary files.

Filter the notifications. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6965184/how-to-set-filter-for-filesystemwatcher-for-multiple-file-types.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Apr-15 14:02pm View

Gotcha!

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Apr-15 13:54pm View

Hi SA,

By "C# binding" I meant Xamarin offers C# bindings to the Android SDK and allows C# code (e.g. developer defined callbacks) to be invoked by Android callable wrappers. Is this not true?

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Apr-15 12:49pm View

Please see this cool free book on Xamarin Forms by Petzold.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Apr-15 12:47pm View

Xamarin generates IL which is packaged in the .apk (in the case of Android) and runs on top off Mono. The process of converting IL to a form consumable by Dalvik (and the newer Android VM) is transparent. For all practical purposes, the .apk generated by Xamarin is no different than one generated when building a native app.

IMHO, the nice thing about Xamarin is that it allows me to leverage my C# skills and the .NET framework. Caveat: I still need to know the Android API (which is not hard to pick up) in order to build Android apps. The same applies for iOS.

Edit: Xamarin Forms controls translate to native controls.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Apr-15 12:16pm View

> Can i write once in Xamarin GUI and run on all 4 platforms including Windows desktop?
No.  Windows desktop (WinForms/WPF) is not supported.

Essentially, only UI code written using Xamarin Forms is portable across iOS, Android and Windows Mobile.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Apr-15 12:14pm View

1) Correct.  PCLs are used to build shared business logic.

2) No, everything written in Xamarin is NOT cross platform! Xamarin.IOS is the C# binding to iOS.  Xamarin.Android is the C# binding to Android.  This allows you to access the standard iOS and Android APIs from C#.

Ravi Bhavnani 27-Mar-15 8:39am View

I use AMFI, MoneyControl and ValueResearchOnline as my sources in this app: http://www.ravib.com/takestock/2/.

Ravi Bhavnani 7-Mar-15 20:22pm View

Sorry, we're not mind readers. We have no idea what you mean by "this program".

And even if we did, do you seriously expect someone to make a video tutorial for you?

Ravi Bhavnani 3-Mar-15 14:50pm View

See this SO link:

Ravi Bhavnani 3-Mar-15 14:49pm View

It may be a WCF issue. Try setting "maxReceivedMessageSize" to a larger value.

Ravi Bhavnani 2-Mar-15 10:13am View

Yes. It works with .NET 3.5 (and possibly older versions).

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Feb-15 12:48pm View

Does the answer on this SO page help?

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Feb-15 12:12pm View

Thanks for the correction, SA. +5d.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Feb-15 11:09am View

I suspect your math may not be correct.

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Feb-15 12:32pm View

You're right, SA. I tagged the question appropriately to help future readers.

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Feb-15 12:09pm View

A ComboBox has 3 diaplay modes - one of them resembles an always open list. Maybe that would suit your needs better?

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Feb-15 11:16am View

> it was not taught to us
That's a terrible attitude. Google it. You won't get far developing software if you don't research and experiment.

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Feb-15 11:06am View

>You will never succeed sending SMS using SMTP.
Unless you use an email to SMS service. :)

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Feb-15 10:50am View

What platform? Web? Desktop (WinForms/WPF)? Silverlight?

Ravi Bhavnani 13-Feb-15 23:31pm View

> How do I write these codes
By opening a book on Java and studying it. And BTW, it's "code", not "codes".

Ravi Bhavnani 10-Feb-15 14:11pm View

You have several options.  For starters, see this list of articles.

Ravi Bhavnani 10-Feb-15 12:32pm View

It's impossible to answer your question without more detail.

Ravi Bhavnani 8-Feb-15 11:22am View

Sorry, but I find that hard to believe. How would a website be able to check if an email address is indeed valid?

Ravi Bhavnani 5-Feb-15 17:59pm View

Check out Firebase @ https://www.firebase.com/.

Ravi Bhavnani 5-Feb-15 17:59pm View

SA, check out https://www.firebase.com/. (Apologies if you already know about this). I know you're not the OP but thought it might interest you. I'm planning to build a demo and maybe publish it @ CP.

Cheers,

Ravi Bhavnani 5-Feb-15 11:38am View

I expect the Android and Windows Forms apps will both need to communicate with a common server or at the very least, a networked file store that's accessible to both clients. The file store is an error prone and cheesy solution.

Ravi Bhavnani 3-Feb-15 23:58pm View

What have you tried and where exactly are you stuck?

Ravi Bhavnani 30-Jan-15 23:07pm View

Post your program's code so I can see where you've gone wrong.

Ravi Bhavnani 30-Jan-15 22:20pm View

What have you tried and where are you having a problem?

Ravi Bhavnani 28-Jan-15 18:27pm View

You're welcome! :)

Ravi Bhavnani 24-Jan-15 0:40am View

Patrick, you may want to consider using Xamarin Indie edition with Xamarin Studio (instead of VStudio). That's the path I'm likely to follow once I restart working with Xamarin. Like you, I'm interested in Android dev only.

Ravi Bhavnani 24-Jan-15 0:36am View

OG, why use Java when you have a more powerful and elegant language (C#) at your disposal? Use Xamarin Studio (instead of VS) with the Indie license. IMHO, that beats going through the hassle of using and configuring Android Studio or <gasp!> Eclipse and settling for an inferior language.

Ravi Bhavnani 14-Jan-15 12:05pm View

My point is, once an image file has been shown in a PictureBox, the file is locked until the PictureBox is garbage collected (e.g. when your app exits). If you use the suggestion in the link (the link works fine) your file will not be locked. This will allow it to be moved/deleted/renamed.

Ravi Bhavnani 14-Jan-15 10:27am View

The Reports table will have columns:
- ReportId (identity)
- ReportingUserId (FK to User.UserId)
- TargetUserId (FK to User.UserId)
- ReportText (not null)
- TimeCreated

This will let you query the Reports table for reports by/for a specific user and/or reports issued within a certain time frame and/or reports containing specific text.

Ravi Bhavnani 14-Jan-15 9:08am View

No apology needed. We're here to help (if we can).

Cheers,

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Jan-15 20:55pm View

Email me:
(1) a screenshot of SMSS showing the column definitions in your table (i.e. column names and their types)
(2) your C# project containing the Windows Forms app

My email address is ravib(at)ravib(dot)com.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Jan-15 20:20pm View

Your INSERT statement implies the columns in your table are NAME and PICTURE, but your SELECT statement refers to the column ID. Of them seems incorrect. Fix and retry.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Jan-15 20:07pm View

I apologize. I was thinking ListView, not ListBox. Sorry.

SelectedItem.ToString() will work if the items in the list box are strings and the string is the format of the picture index (e.g. an integer). It should also work if the ListBox contains integers.

Please confirm this is the case and retry.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Jan-15 19:51pm View

I'm not surprised. Your query is wrong. Look at my answer again.

Ravi Bhavnani 5-Jan-15 23:51pm View

What have you tried?

Ravi Bhavnani 1-Jan-15 20:32pm View

"its not working"
That doesn't tell me anything.

What happens when you debug the app? Is the query correct? Is the item not found in the database? Is there an exception thrown?

Ravi Bhavnani 31-Dec-14 9:54am View

Gracias, mon ami. And a very happy New Year!

Ravi Bhavnani 30-Dec-14 17:55pm View

Try setting pdfWriter.CloseStream to false. It may be conflicting with the close that will occur when the FileStream fs goes out of scope.

Ravi Bhavnani 21-Dec-14 15:58pm View

I'm pretty sure Kornfeld is right. See this SO question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6716183/dllimport-unable-to-load-dll.

Ravi Bhavnani 21-Dec-14 13:42pm View

> How can I do this, independent of programs platform(32b or 64b) that are running?

See the 2nd answer to this SO question:

Ravi Bhavnani 17-Dec-14 20:42pm View

Can you assume (or can you require) that Excel is installed on the machine on which your app runs?

Ravi Bhavnani 16-Dec-14 15:38pm View

You may want to check out my DomainWalker example as a starting point - see http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/12710/Domain-Walker.

Ravi Bhavnani 4-Dec-14 22:52pm View

Thank you, Bill-ji!

Ravi Bhavnani 4-Dec-14 18:23pm View

Thanks, SA!

Ravi Bhavnani 4-Dec-14 12:14pm View

Thank you, sir!

Ravi Bhavnani 2-Dec-14 13:12pm View

Because there are 60 (not 100) minutes in an hour. So 15.15 hours is 15hr:09mins not 15hr:15 mins.

Ravi Bhavnani 2-Dec-14 12:21pm View

See my solution.

Ravi Bhavnani 2-Dec-14 12:17pm View

Wrong again. 15.35 hrs + 15.35 hrs = 30.70 hrs, or 30 hrs and 42 minutes, not 31 hrs and 10 minutes.

Ravi Bhavnani 2-Dec-14 12:04pm View

I don't understand your question. 198.70 hours is 198 hrs and 42 minutes, not 198 hours and 10 minutes.

Ravi Bhavnani 28-Nov-14 13:21pm View

I've deleted my solution that recommended setting ShowEffects to true as it didn't help. Apologies for the false lead.

Ravi Bhavnani 20-Nov-14 16:13pm View

Ravi Bhavnani 20-Nov-14 16:13pm View

Ravi Bhavnani 20-Nov-14 16:12pm View

Ravi Bhavnani 28-Oct-14 15:03pm View

> Your wrong assumption is that a and b are zeros.
> This is not true.
> In fact, a and b are either initialized or not.
You're correct - thanks for clearing that up.

Ravi Bhavnani 28-Oct-14 13:36pm View

You're right, Sergey - the code doesn't compile in its current state.

But IMHO, initializing a and b (to get the code to compile) would not really change the values of c and d, as they would "change" from zero to zero, since declaring an int initializes it to Int32.Default. The optimized version of the compileable code would (IMHO) be an empty statement.

Ravi Bhavnani 26-Oct-14 12:16pm View

Would you want all the tools in your toolbox to be hammers? The answer to that question is the same as the answer to your question.

Ravi Bhavnani 24-Sep-14 7:59am View

It's just my coding style to perform explicit initialization, but you're right - it's unnecessary.

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Sep-14 12:11pm View

SA, I think he wants to go in the reverse direction.

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Sep-14 14:28pm View

Thanks, Sergey! :)

Ravi Bhavnani 16-Sep-14 12:34pm View

> how is it possible to create a custom messagebox with desire requirements
See this article: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/327212/Custom-Message-Box-in-VC

> can you help plzz..??
No. You will have to do your own work. A simple Google search (which I'm going to assume you didn't bother to do) would have revealed the above link.

Ravi Bhavnani 16-Sep-14 12:17pm View

Why are you asking the same question again? Did you not see the replies to your original question?

Ravi Bhavnani 15-Sep-14 15:10pm View

You could use a Stopwatch to time code execution. Although the right way to instrument is to use a profiler.

Ravi Bhavnani 12-Sep-14 15:52pm View

Please post representative parts of your code.

Ravi Bhavnani 10-Sep-14 11:16am View

I second Xamarin.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Sep-14 14:31pm View

Great. Please mark the solution as accepted so that it's easier for others to find.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Sep-14 14:03pm View

See my 2nd solution.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Sep-14 13:52pm View

Unformatted code is hard to read. Stay tuned while I post a new solution.

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Sep-14 13:51pm View

Stay tuned...
Ravi Bhavnani 6-Sep-14 9:33am View

Does Form1 display Form2?

Ravi Bhavnani 5-Sep-14 17:01pm View

What do you mean by that?

Ravi Bhavnani 5-Sep-14 9:55am View

I don't recommend your approach.  By creating a static TextBox, you're declaring a single instance for all instances of Form1, which is clearly incorrect.  Instead, create a TextBox using the toolbox, and follow the instructions in my solution.

To pass a Form1 reference to Form2, do the following:

(1) Add a public Form1 property to Form2.
(2) When you create an instance of Form2 (from Form1), set the value of that property.
(3) Perform step 3 as mentioned in my solution.

If what I've said doesn't make sense, I recommend you read up on the basics of C# and Windows Forms. That will help you implement your requirements.

Ravi Bhavnani 21-Aug-14 16:22pm View

Oooh this brings back memories of the SCMS feature on my circa 1998 TASCAM DA-20 DAT recorder!

Ravi Bhavnani 21-Aug-14 16:09pm View

"A hardcore scanner which will track viruses."

That's an extremely vague requirement.

Ravi Bhavnani 19-Aug-14 16:42pm View

Thanks, Khalid. If you accept the solution, please mark it accepted, making it easier for others to find.

Ravi Bhavnani 19-Aug-14 16:28pm View

You could just define them as constants. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2365014/how-to-group-windows-api-constants.

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Aug-14 7:46am View

No, I assumed you would define sndplayer outside the scope of my answer.

The problem is, it's very unlikely that your timer will fire when it's EXACTLY 6:00:00.000 am. For this reason, you should play the sound the first time the time (to the nearest minute only) is 6:00, and then disable the timer.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jul-14 19:26pm View

In that case, you'll need to inspect the JavaScript that's injecting the content (most likely by making an AJAX call) into the page and make that call from your webservice to get that data.

I recommend using Fiddler or Chrome's Developer Tools window (press F12 to show it, then press F5 to reload the page and watch the network traffic).

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jul-14 18:47pm View

Not crazy weird. :) It's possible that's being injected into the DOM by JavaScript.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jul-14 18:30pm View

That content should definitely be present in your string, starting at the substring:

<div Style="height:250px; overflow:auto; scrollbar-face-color:blue" >

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jul-14 18:19pm View

Remember, you won't be able to download content that's injected into the DOM via JavaScript or by making AJAX requests after the page has loaded, by simply making a call to WebClient.DownloadString().

Ravi Bhavnani 24-Jul-14 8:23am View

I've updated my solution with a link to a correct implementation.

Ravi Bhavnani 24-Jul-14 8:16am View

Hi Sergey, no I didn't run the sample project before recommending it as a possible solution. Thanks for the heads up.

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Jul-14 11:09am View

If you find it useful, please accept and rate the solution. This will make it easier for others to find it. Thanks.

Ravi Bhavnani 3-Jul-14 12:21pm View

Not sure 'bout that. (It seems too techy for homework). Methinks it's just a coincidence.

Ravi Bhavnani 3-Jul-14 10:33am View

Seems like a common question today. See http://www.codeproject.com/Answers/792826/How-to-get-the-free-disk-space-of-a-remote-machine.

Ravi Bhavnani 8-May-14 7:49am View

NP - please accept this solution. Thanks,

Ravi Bhavnani 7-May-14 19:46pm View

Does this article help?

Perhaps if you are able to clearly specify your needs I may be able to help more.

Ravi Bhavnani 7-May-14 13:27pm View

> My ask is auto size when change size of form. It isn't location

I realize that. Did you care to read the documentation I pointed you to?

Ravi Bhavnani 1-May-14 7:23am View

In that case, set the form's StartPosition property (in the designer) to CenterScreen.

Ravi Bhavnani 24-Apr-14 10:28am View

You'd be better off asking this question in the article's forum. That makes it visible to the author of the article.

Ravi Bhavnani 22-Apr-14 12:18pm View

(1) What does this question have to do with SQL?
(2) Are all periods 45 mins long?
(3) Is the interval between each period always 5 mins?
(4) How many periods exist in a day?

Ravi Bhavnani 20-Apr-14 13:18pm View

See this article:

Ravi Bhavnani 19-Apr-14 23:31pm View

Your question is too vague. It's like asking someone, "How do I fly a plane?". If you have a specific question or problem, feel free to post it here. Otherwise first take the time and trouble to understand your problem domain and design a solution.

Ravi Bhavnani 16-Apr-14 10:39am View

Odd - it works for me. You can also just visit http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/12708/StringParser.

Ravi Bhavnani 16-Apr-14 8:14am View

Did you try clicking the link in the solution?

Ravi Bhavnani 3-Apr-14 13:15pm View

> i am going to know that how time slot is making.
That's for you to figure out. You can't expect us to design your algorithm.

Ravi Bhavnani 3-Apr-14 12:36pm View

Your question is too vague to be answered. Remember, we can't see your screen or read your mind. What is "all the information which is necessary for this"? If you expect to receive and answer, post a specific question and include what you've already tried to do and where you're having a problem.

Ravi Bhavnani 31-Mar-14 13:58pm View

Thanks. :) I only mentioned it because I thought it fit the bill nicely.

Ravi Bhavnani 28-Mar-14 11:40am View

> one experienced Java programmer told me that .net will be out of the market by 2016
Considering that Java is playing catch-up to C#, I highly doubt the veracity of that statement. See:

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Mar-14 11:13am View

> the problem occurred when my text5.text remained blank.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. Did you mean to say you encounter a problem when textBox4 (not 5) is blank?

Ravi Bhavnani 21-Mar-14 15:25pm View

'Twas a wild guess, with a little bit o' help from Google. :)

Ravi Bhavnani 11-Mar-14 11:05am View

Welcome back! Chris should be able to merge your old/new IDs.

Ravi Bhavnani 11-Mar-14 10:15am View

> specifically checks foe a null value and returns string.Empty
Ah. Thanks!

Ravi Bhavnani 11-Mar-14 8:32am View

I think the call to .Trim() is extraneous (and dangerous if myTextBox.Text is null) since the input filter guarantees the TextBox will contain only the period or numeric characters.

Ravi Bhavnani 7-Mar-14 22:59pm View

In all seriousness, I felt the OP needed guidance. I recall doing almost the same thing (creating a large bunch of if-else statements) when I tried to write Adventure after 2 lectures of Programming 101. :)

Ravi Bhavnani 7-Mar-14 19:19pm View

I assume you were being sarcastic. :P

Ravi Bhavnani 7-Mar-14 17:35pm View

Put simply, your app's logic should look like this:

initializeGame();
do {
determine what to ask;
ask question, get response;
process response;
while (!gameOver());

Ravi Bhavnani 6-Mar-14 15:09pm View

More correctly, "override and optionally add" not "add/override".

Ravi Bhavnani 5-Mar-14 14:08pm View

You seem to have mistaken this forum as a means to have someone do your homework for you. If you have a specific question ask it, but don't expect anyone to give you a solution to your assignment.

Ravi Bhavnani 2-Mar-14 16:33pm View

See this link: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_where.asp

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Feb-14 18:07pm View

I assumed you had a question about the article I pointed you to. If so, please post your question there.

Ravi Bhavnani 23-Feb-14 0:14am View

Please post your question in the article's forum so that the author is able to respond. You could also directly email Matt by clicking the "Email" link in any of his replies or just visit http://www.codeproject.com/Messages/2252741/Re-Nice.aspx.

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Feb-14 11:56am View

Is the .Color property being overwritten when Latency is in fact zero (at a later point in your loop)?

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Feb-14 11:37am View

Also, your if statement is formed oddly. See my solution to your previous question.

Ravi Bhavnani 18-Feb-14 11:11am View

Have you tried setting a breakpoint in your code to ensure Latency is in fact non-zero?

Ravi Bhavnani 15-Feb-14 23:01pm View

You're absolutely right, Sergey.

Ravi Bhavnani 15-Feb-14 23:00pm View

Glad to be of help!

Cheers,

Ravi Bhavnani 15-Feb-14 14:42pm View

In addition to the other comments, I suggest you don't use txtspk.  Take the trouble to formulate your question properly if you expect the CodeProject community to take the trouble to help you.

Ravi Bhavnani 15-Feb-14 14:40pm View

How do you expect to learn anything if you don't do your own work?

Ravi Bhavnani 12-Feb-14 14:23pm View

As Sergey has already pointed out, consider using FFMpeg to extract images from your video file. See the answer to this SO question for the command line:

Ravi Bhavnani 10-Feb-14 15:37pm View

No, it won't. You can't modify a collection you're traversing.

Ravi Bhavnani 10-Feb-14 15:37pm View

No, it won't. You can't modify a collection you're traversing.

Ravi Bhavnani 26-Jan-14 20:54pm View

You need to take a step back and review the basics of programming. These concepts aren't easily explained in an answer to a forum post.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jan-14 20:17pm View

Check out this 5 minute tutorial from Lynda.com: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS-9y0H3Si8.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jan-14 20:12pm View

Check out Pluralsight @ http://pluralsight.com/training/courses. The courses "C# From Scratch" and "C# From Scratch Part 2" may be the best coin you'll spend on learning how to program in C#. I highly recommend them.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jan-14 19:56pm View

Have you approached your instructor for assistance? It seems what you need is more instruction about the basics of object oriented design. Unfortunately that's not something that's easy to convey in a few lines in a forum post.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jan-14 19:52pm View

Actually I was just about to commend you on your effort! I personally think the OP won't benefit from your reply and is fishing for codez.

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jan-14 19:51pm View

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jan-14 19:46pm View

I think you'd be better off asking this question of the authors of DocPanelSuite (https://github.com/dockpanelsuite).

Ravi Bhavnani 25-Jan-14 19:42pm View

If you have absolutely no idea how to go about this, I suggest you take another look at your class notes. Then, if you have questions about implementing specific facets of this assignment, post your code along with your question and we'll try and help you. But don't expect someone else to attend class and study on your behalf.

Ravi Bhavnani 16-Jan-14 17:45pm View

idenizeni has provided you a full solution below. I corrected their response - the upper bound check was off by one.
Ravi Bhavnani 6-Jan-14 12:49pm View

Shouldn't you be checking the event on a TabPage (and not TabControl)? TabPage is a Control and handles MouseHover.

Ravi Bhavnani 27-Dec-13 22:21pm View

What have you tried so far?

Advertise | Privacy |