Comments by MikeTheFid (Top 7 by date)

MikeTheFid 3-Oct-19 14:06pm View

Here's that link to the video.
MikeTheFid 3-Oct-19 13:02pm View

I get the same boot loader failure with both Gen 1 and 2.
I've tried 2 different ISO images.
MikeTheFid 3-Oct-19 10:24am View

I'm using Hyper-V Manager Version: 10.0.18362.1
My system is Windows 10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.365
MikeTheFid 22-Jan-18 10:43am View

My position exactly! I have been lobbying for a thin client to access locally attached equipment plus REST for data movement.

But I have to do due diligence...
MikeTheFid 22-Jan-18 10:35am View

Thank you for your reply.

I do have a JNI for COM object access on the client-side. Can I access a JAR from ASP.NET or am I restricted to javascript->JAR?

(As you can no doubt tell, I'm a newbie when it comes to ASP.NET.)
MikeTheFid 2-Dec-16 10:01am View

Quick update out of respect for your efforts to help and anyone happening upon this thread.

If adding a reference to xyz.tlb to Project A works, and repeating the process for Project B in the same solution fails, I am inclined to believe the contents of tlb isn't the issue.

I decided to use the workaround of placing interop.xyz.dll in a non-"obj\..." fixed common location and adding a reference to the dll instead of the tlb. Not pretty but I just can't use any more time diagnosing this issue at this time.

Also, this problem results in the following IntelliSense errors:

* Error CS0006: Metadata file '<path>' could not be found
Where: <path> is the project dll that references the interop dll

* Error CS0246 The type or namespace name '<namespace>' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Where: <namespace> is XYZ (supposed to be backed by interop.xyz.dll)

Again, thank you. Your responses are much appreciated.
MikeTheFid 30-Nov-16 10:10am View

First, thank you for your response.

This is very weird. (context: VS2015)

If I do an Add Reference for xyz.tlb in project A (exe project), it adds the reference and the interop.xyz.dll is created in the obj... folder AND the Reference Property "Embed Interop Types" appears.

Repeating the exact same steps for project B (lib project), it adds the reference but flags it as an issue in Solution Explorer (an icon overlay appears) and the interop.xyz.dll is not created and Reference Property "Embed Interop Types" is not shown.