Comments by mindserve (Top 18 by date)

mindserve 8-Nov-10 7:32am View

Is there a way to do this in vb net without javascript?
mindserve 14-Oct-10 17:27pm View

thx!
mindserve 12-Oct-10 18:40pm View

thx
mindserve 2-Oct-10 16:23pm View

Thanks!
mindserve 1-Oct-10 17:37pm View

The way I have it set now, it leaves a dat file in the system so the user can't roll back the clock and uninstalling and reinstalling won't change the dates in the dat file.
My only problem is that I don't want to save it into the applications path and the UAC seems to be preventing me from allowing it to read back from or write to anything other than the application path. Much too easy for a user just to delete that file if they see it in the folder. Anyone can also delete a registry key and roll it back. thought this was a better way.. used to work on XP, but with the UAC on it does not work. UAC off it does work.

Thanks anyway.
mindserve 21-Aug-10 10:17am View

The new message isn't working because the poster never responded at all. So I was hoping to post it here on the chance that someone has worked on this code and has an answer.
mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:59pm View

The print function as posted does not work..no one on that thread responds. Link provided by the poster is broken. And I did try..how else would I know it doesn't work???
mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:54pm View

I have tried to get people to help me with this but no one seems to have worked on this project in some time now. All I see are random questions but no answers. There is some code posted for printing in C# but it's not working code( the printing portion provided). Was just hoping someone had worked on this and would like to provide an update but it appears not. No need to re invent the wheel if someone has a working model of previously posted code.
mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:45pm View

Yes it makes sense if no one in the original forum answers. The link provided both the original code and what I am looking for is there at the link. So it makes sense to anyone who goes to the link..which I posted so that people who are interested in helping would see it.
mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:39pm View

When answering a question please:

Let's work to help developers, not make them feel stupid.
mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:31pm View

That doesn't make sense. People post code here all the time and ask for updates to code posted. What is the purpose of posting code here at all if people can't ask if it's been updated or if anyone has links to an update for it. The link if you went there is dead...the original code is there but it appears that no one has done any work on it anymore. Or they have but are not sharing.
mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:16pm View

I did try but the code is C# and I write in VB net. The code as posted ( the print code) does not work at all..and the link to a working demo is not longer available.
mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:16pm View

mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:16pm View

Never asked someone to do it for me..unless I pay them. The code posted here is for a reason and that reason is so that people don't have to re invent the wheel.
If a link to a working demo is broken I don't see why asking for it is a problem.
mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:16pm View

Reason for my vote of 3
I did try the code...but it's C# and I code in VB net. There was working code posted but the link is old and broken. Just thought someone would have worked on it by now and have an answer. It's so sad to see so many rude comments posted to a simple question. No need to re invent the wheel so asking for a working model where the link is broken isn't really a bad question at all.
mindserve 16-Aug-10 12:13pm View

Reason for my vote of 1
The forum doesn't answer...
mindserve 13-Jul-10 13:56pm View

Reason for my vote of 5
ok, accepted
mindserve 12-Jul-10 12:52pm View

=FormatCurrency(Sum(str(Fields!ServiceCost.Value) -(str(Fields!ServiceCost.value and Fields!Confirmed.value=False)))

It has to be formatted as above for the RDLC report. YOur select SUM does not work on the textfield in the RDLC report.