Comments by JV9999 (Top 32 by date)

JV9999 12-Mar-14 7:53am View

Reason for my vote of 1 \n Reinvention of existing components (Eg; AutoMapper). You are not using a DTO, you are just inheriting from a EF class. That's not the idea from DTO's. It's actually the complete opposite. And for the last; you built using reflection, which is the slowest solution of all possible solution available (For example; Did you think about serialization or caching, that's probably quicker already?)
JV9999 12-Dec-13 8:21am View

Reason for my vote of 5 \n I love geo tagging my photo's, but I can't find a suitable environment for it. This is another step in the right direction for me :)
JV9999 8-Jul-11 4:04am View

According to the FAQ somebody with platinum authority should be able to delete (which he is). But let's get on topic... I shouldn't have asked it anyway...
JV9999 8-Jul-11 3:48am View

I do wonder why you deleted my answer which was given earlier but stated exactly the same....
JV9999 7-Jul-11 11:54am View

No idea what he's talking about, but it sounds like the Unity Application Block and that CAN NOT store the datatable simply because it's not meant for that :)
JV9999 7-Jul-11 9:14am View

Do you mean the Unity Application Block which is used for dependency injection?
JV9999 7-Jul-11 2:31am View

In addition to SAKryukov question:
1) What do you mean with "other products"?
2) What is your experience with C# and/or VC++?
3) From which languages do you want to know the advantages?

Might be a good idea to clarify yourself more..
JV9999 7-Jul-11 2:25am View

For my comments goes the same :). I guess the problem with these kind of questions are the kind of correct answers you have. You have the Microsoft-correct answers, but also the Community-correct answers. Which answer is the one the author wants? ;) But now we have given Shashikant@Jalgaon both, so he can pick his prefered one.
JV9999 5-Jul-11 11:28am View

I personally agree with you both (I indeed didn't mention that), but personal preferences and thoughts on best practises in coding is not what he asked :), so the general statement that it's not possible is incorrect, but both of you are completely correct that you should avoid using it. (Revoted 5)
JV9999 5-Jul-11 11:27am View

JV9999 5-Jul-11 9:00am View

in C# you don't need to specify the type either when you are using C# 3.0 or higher during development. You can simply use "var" and the compiler which get you the right type..
JV9999 5-Jul-11 3:43am View

Reason for my vote of 5
Exactly my idea.
JV9999 29-Jun-11 3:01am View

What SAKryukov said, good and 'pretty easy to understand' links :)
JV9999 28-Jun-11 9:32am View

Yes, that'll work!
JV9999 28-Jun-11 8:28am View

That's actually incorrect Toniyo. You can use multiple web.config's in 1 project per folder in ASP.NET. BUT (big but) this only works in VS2010 (if I remember) and it's only allowed if you have 1 web.config for each build-mode (debug, release etc..) and in those cases they should be named: Web.debug.config and Web.Release.config for example. See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webdevtools/archive/2009/05/04/web-deployment-web-config-transformation.aspx for more info on this.
JV9999 28-Jun-11 8:23am View

You have literally reinvented the wheel from a well known existing method which works perfectly and you didn't add anything to it. Instead you made a less rigid solution.
JV9999 28-Jun-11 8:05am View

Reason for my vote of 2
This is basically string.Join only then not on the string, but on a list....
JV9999 28-Jun-11 8:05am View

This is basically string.Join only then not on the string, but on a list....
JV9999 23-Jun-11 7:07am View

I would rephrase your question, because after reading it 10 times I still don't get it what you want from us...
JV9999 22-Jun-11 9:37am View

This does not prevent double clicking, because there still can be a large time window in which the button can be double clicked and believe me: users are able to do that without any problem.

Even worse is that you are giving an HTML example while the author requests a Silverlight solution.
JV9999 22-Jun-11 8:32am View

Your NIC loads to 100%? So what you actually mean is that your network is slow? If that's the case you are most likely to have either a broken network card or a problem in your network which cause these slowdowns instead of a software problem.
JV9999 21-Jun-11 4:23am View

You are incorrect. Try this:
string[] arr = new[] {"item4", "test", "item 3", "item", "beer"};

int index = Array.IndexOf(arr, "item");
bool exists = Array.IndexOf(arr, "item") >= 0;

The returned index will always be 3 and if you remove "item", the index will be -1.

Voted 5 for this solution. Very elegant, I wouldn't have thought of that method :)
JV9999 20-Jun-11 14:34pm View

Your code looks fine, however what is the exception you are getting?

I see a few potential problems:
1) Your don't have a SMTP-server on localhost
2) Your SMTP server doesn't want to relay the message (If the configuration is very strict this is possible).

What is the detailed exception?
JV9999 17-Jun-11 9:58am View

That's not an answer I would suggest to a beginner for the reasons Andrew mentioned. Also using an Identity column and letting the database decide the ID probably is a better fit.
JV9999 17-Jun-11 9:37am View

Why are you not able to do that? Without code examples we can't really help you, because we have no idea what you are doing.
JV9999 16-Jun-11 2:21am View

Christian gave you as much information as you gave us, so you are not really in the position to say this to him.. Instead I would suggest you to update your question with more info on what you already tried and how you did that.

Btw: His solution is actually quite complete. Only thing missing might be a code example, but you should be able to work that out yourself. This ain't rent-a-coder.
JV9999 9-Jun-11 3:43am View

Better yet; just throw an exception. If it's unable to find a default mail client it should fail, because it's sole purpose is to determine the default mail client.

So I would make it:

public string getDefaultMailClient()
try
object mailClient = Registry.GetValue(
@"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail", "", "none");
return mailClient.ToString();
catch (Exception exGetDefaultMailClient)
Util.EscribirLog(exGetDefaultMailClient.Message);
throw new Exception("Unable to determine default mail client", ex);
JV9999 26-Apr-11 7:19am View

Here's a question: Why are interview questions so important in India? When they are answered all correctly you still have no clue whether person will fit in your team or even has enough knowledge, because they might as well just have read a book on .NET? In no other countries I see this kind of questionaires... So I hope you can enlighten me :)

Also, in addition to what the rest said, your questions are either too generic, specific or advocate bad practises. I would suggest to revise them.
JV9999 11-Mar-11 3:04am View

That property you mentioned doesn't even exist and never existed either.
JV9999 10-Mar-11 8:10am View

According to Google it's a method from Codeproject :P
JV9999 9-Mar-11 6:57am View

Reason for my vote of 2
Reinvention of the Stopwatch class.
JV9999 4-Mar-11 4:17am View

While(true) is never a good practise in my opinion.