Comments by Adwaitam (Top 16 by date)

Adwaitam 19-Jun-14 17:59pm View

Thanks Ashok...I will give a try on this tomorrow since working on some other problem as of now. But I do remember the link from MSDN for your solution -

Thanks for your reply.
Adwaitam 18-Feb-13 9:00am View

I used the VB decompiler to decompile the dll. Both the old one and the new one.
I don't know why the startup class in my dll is not the same as old dll and the my dll does't contain the class itself, I guess.

Following is the structure:

old DLL: following is a part of native code
Type=OleDll
Reference=*\G{00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}#2.0#0#........\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\STDOLE2.TLB#OLE Automation
Class=clsDeal; clsDeal.cls
Class=clsAudit; clsAudit.cls
Module=mRoll; mRoll.bas
Class=clsPDA; clsPDA.cls
Class=clsContract; clsContract.cls
Startup="clsDeal"
IconForm="clsDeal"
HelpFile=""
ExeName32="GMSAutoRoll"
Name="GMSAutoRoll"
Title="GMSAutoRoll"
VersionCompanyName="Duke Energy Field Services"
MajorVer=6
MinorVer=4
RevisionVer=3

new DLL(the one which I have created): following is a part of native code

Type=OleDll
Module=mRoll; mRoll.bas
Startup="clsRoll"
IconForm="clsRoll"
HelpFile=""
ExeName32="GMSAutoRoll"
Name="GMSAutoRoll"
Title="GMSAutoRoll"
VersionCompanyName="Duke Energy Field Services"
MajorVer=6
MinorVer=4
RevisionVer=3

I tried by keeping the version same as well as different different.</pre>
Adwaitam 13-Feb-13 15:29pm View

hey SA...I guess we are distracting from the topic here...it will be great if you can suggest some tricks to solve this problem...I respect the way of thinking you have but this is not the issue at the moment.
Thanks.
Adwaitam 13-Feb-13 12:14pm View

we are passing the progid like "GMSAutoRoll.clsRoll" as a parameter..but still having above mentioned issue
Adwaitam 13-Feb-13 3:34am View

hey SA,
The existing application is in VB6 only and its huge one. So just solving the one or two issues rather suggesting complete migration. I know that VB6 sometimes make u work hard...but at this moment the point is in battling against VB6 only...:)
Adwaitam 12-Feb-13 11:30am View

thanks for the reply..by the way i have registered the dll on the registry of server where the application is. but still facing this issue...
Adwaitam 12-Jun-12 7:21am View

This is the code that I used after creating a template field delete link button in the ASPX file.

public void lnkbtnDelete_OnClick(object sender, EventArgs e)
LinkButton lnkbtnDelete = (LinkButton)sender;
GridViewRow row = (GridViewRow)lnkbtnDelete.NamingContainer;
row.BackColor = Color.Red;
row.Enabled = false;

but I want to do the same for edit also.
Means all edited rows should be shown in yellow color....which are edited in particular session. But I am unable to achieve this since object for RowEditing event are different than that in RowDataBound Event...plz help
Adwaitam 5-Jun-12 2:18am View

Hey thanks for your reply. but I want that the deleted item to be "shown" in red color only. However, no new field should be created in database to store the status or so. So, it is possible using javascript/ Client side scripting but on postback i.e. after page load it again gives problem. Now, I want such thing which will store row ID or record in any datatype/storage type from where I can derive the present values avoiding the postback problem.
Adwaitam 29-May-12 8:23am View

Working on Webforms
Adwaitam 29-May-12 8:23am View

exactly...for Webforms
Adwaitam 29-May-12 4:57am View

i don't want to delete it
Adwaitam 28-May-12 4:57am View

but even if we bind a datatable to gridview, is it possible to edit the columns in the gridview (which will be with respect to the different columns of various tables)?

Let Us Assume---

There is Single GridView
Initially, I bind say Emp_Address Table to the GridView so I should have Street Name, Area, City Fields editable, updatable etc.
But when I will attach say Emp_Contact Details Table, I should have Phone No, Mobile No, Email ID Columns editable in same gridview.

So, What do we need to do to achieve this scenario?
Please Suggest....

Thank You.
Adwaitam 28-May-12 4:34am View

Hey Sandeep,
Thank You for your reply...but I want my gridview should be able to bind to multiple tables in the database...and also need to be editable row-wise.
Adwaitam 28-May-12 4:30am View

thanx for notifying it...I will keep in mind hereafter.
Adwaitam 28-May-12 4:29am View

I have created a gridview which performs Create, Edit, Delete and Update operations on row using templatefield. I also implemented double click editing in javascript. Now what I want is that:
My gridview should be editable i.e. rows should be editable even if it binds to different tables in database with different columns.
i.e. <asp:templatefield> doesn't contain specific set of code for particular table or particular columns.
Adwaitam 25-May-12 4:01am View