Comments by nebiam (Top 32 by date)

nebiam 14-Jun-17 21:03pm View

Have updated the question Richard. Thanks for your reply.
nebiam 8-Aug-16 23:28pm View

The datatype is List<datetime>[] timeList = new List<datetime>[2];
nebiam 8-Aug-16 23:08pm View

Yes. It sounds simple, but this is what is happening. For example..
List 1 -> 1234567
List 2 -> 123

Result should be 4567, but instead it shows the full results of list 1.

Remembering its in an array though.. so I have two lists, both with a start and end time..
nebiam 3-Jun-15 0:34am View

its working and referenced in development, hence i'm assuming it would be in production? .. I have checked the jquery on the page in viewsource and it exists.
nebiam 19-May-15 1:06am View

I have just decided to use a different approach at solving this one, I think you are correct and it cannot be used in the way I am trying. Thanks for your help.
nebiam 19-May-15 0:54am View

its of type char eg. 'T', and it converts fine to bool
nebiam 19-May-15 0:41am View

no thats the thing there is no error at all it just returns false.. all the rest of the variables return the correct data..
nebiam 19-May-15 0:33am View

yeah i have checked and used multiple entries for testing both false and true..in saying that im using db2.. so have used character 'T' and 'F' ... but this has never been an issue before.. i was more wondering if its specifically due to the out bool parameter as i have never used it like this before.
nebiam 19-May-15 0:32am View

executing elsewhere.. but stepping through this code only returns false for the 'terms' no matter what that columns value is..
nebiam 16-May-15 20:48pm View

Im still lost, can you give me an example. I think have been staring at this for far too long. Thanks in advance.
nebiam 3-Jun-14 21:07pm View

This infact works perfectly! I had the control (repeater) nested in an update panel.. which is why it would not work to begin with. In fact both blocks of code posted will work. To get the code working in an update panel, i added a trigger for the control to the update panel.

<Triggers>
<asp:PostBackTrigger ControlID="ControlID" />
</Triggers>
nebiam 2-Jun-14 3:57am View

I have tried this, and no popup "save as" dialogue appears. It actually does nothing. Stepping through it returns the content type and filename ect..
nebiam 4-Apr-14 1:54am View

You my friend were sent from the heavens. I had to change something else trivial which has been edited into my original question, but you just made my day. Thankyou!!
nebiam 11-Jan-14 2:16am View

where TIMESTART eg. '12:00:00'
nebiam 11-Jan-14 2:15am View

Im trying to work it into a case statement but it doesnt like it...

CASE
WHEN example = 'A' THEN DATEADD(hour, -1, TIMESTART)
ELSE TIMESTART
END AS STARTTIME
nebiam 17-Dec-13 1:05am View

TBC
nebiam 16-Dec-13 23:27pm View

That's exactly what i needed. Thanks a million!!!!
nebiam 16-Dec-13 20:44pm View

i have tried a number of things, infact i have created a webb app to read directly from the db and generate a random name via C# asp.net but excel was never my forte. this is going to be used as a backup. basically in excel, i tired things like =INDEX($A:$A,RANDBETWEEN(1,COUNTA($A:$A)),1) which give me the correct answer, but i wanted to assign it to a macro, and vb is not my cup of tea. any help would be great.
nebiam 29-Oct-13 0:24am View

you my friend. are a legend. thankyou
nebiam 29-Oct-13 0:11am View

is it possible to specify the column names dynamically? i am using the 1 grid for numerous datasets and dont want to specify column names in the aspx file.
nebiam 28-Oct-13 23:56pm View

ok, it assigns all the data fine.. however when i do this

this.mainGridView.AutoGenerateColumns = false;
this.mainGridView.Columns[0].HeaderText = "ReqID";

it appends the ReqID column with no data, on to the end of my columns in the grid..
nebiam 28-Oct-13 23:42pm View

No. Initially i didn't have the clear, i only used it to try and add the columns another way. The code in the example is what i had initially/currently.
nebiam 28-Oct-13 23:27pm View

I was just using that for testing purposes, its not meant to be there. I was trying to clear then add columns, ill edit it out.
nebiam 16-Oct-13 22:12pm View

because i wanted a specific calendar style and couldnt achieve that using the generic datetimepicker.
nebiam 16-Oct-13 22:12pm View

nebiam 16-Oct-13 22:06pm View

because i wanted a specific style calendar and couldnt achieve that using the generic datetimepicker
nebiam 16-Oct-13 20:36pm View

thanks for the reply, i use an asp calendar extender to populate the text box
nebiam 9-Jul-13 23:35pm View

Tried your solution but still no luck. I ended up changing the column name to a non-reserved word and it worked fine. Not sure why the double quotation's wouldn't work in DB2.. Thanks anyway!
nebiam 30-May-13 21:40pm View

Thanks for the quick response! Works perfectly!!! Thanks
nebiam 29-May-13 2:11am View

sorry i may have no been clear, i dont have a column name to split the results, i just want to divide the results evenly between the repeaters. is there an item index i can use instead of column name?
nebiam 29-May-13 2:03am View

Thanks for the quick response, is there a way of not specifying a row name?? the provided solution gives me the error: "Cannot find column [SrNo]" .. I just need to use the rowIndex or similar?
nebiam 29-May-13 2:02am View