First of all, let me say that this is my first gadget attempt and I have the intention to update this tool.
Do you remember Screen Snaper? It is the free tool that I created and for which most people asked me for the source code of the library SnaperHelper.dll.
Good news for you!
I am proud to present a new gadget version of this tool designed for Windows Vista SideBar and which includes all the source code.
Note: In this article, I will not explain all the code in detail.
Screen Snaper is a powerful, flexible and intuitive screen-capture utility. It allows you to capture anything on the screen.
- Can capture full screen
- Can capture Windows or objects on the screen
- Can capture regions on the screen
- Can copy image to clipboard automatically
- Can automatically save captured images
- Can save images in 7 popular formats: BMP/EMF/GIF/JPG/PNG/TIFF/WMF
Under the Hood
ScreenSnaper is composed of three principal components:
- ScreenSnaperHelper (DLL)
- ScreenSnaperWrapper (COM)
- ScreenSnaper GUI (HTML)
ScreenSnaperHelper library encapsulates core capture function.
- This is an API DLL written in MFC C++
<GetSnapType(eSnapType[CT_DESKTOP, CT_WINDOW, CT_REGION])>
ScreenSnaperWrapper library encapsulates core image manipulation function.
- This is an COM DLL written in VB.NET
<GetSnap(eSnapType, eSnapMode[ToClipBoard, ToImage])>
- Interface to
ScreenSnaperHelper library between ScreenSnaper GUI.
GUI is the gadget interface itself.
ScreenSnaperWrapper object to interface
This can also be downloaded at Windows Live Gallery.
For more details on how to create Vista SideBar Gadget, you can go to these resources: