Last week, I wanted to start using the XNA framework in my C# applications, but found out it doesn't work with Visual Studio 2008. Here is how to solve that problem without installing anything other than XNA 2.0:
- Download XNA Game Studio 2.0.
- Extract the contents of this file using an archive software of your choice.
- From the extracted files, first install redists.msi and then xnags_shared.msi.
- Create a new Visual Studio project such as a Windows Forms Application, Class Library, etc.
- Add a reference to the XNA framework you want to use in your project.
- Go to project properties, and set the target platform to x84, since as of now, XNA isn't supported on 64 bit platforms.