Migrate MySQL to SQL Server Contest
$5000 grand prize! $1000 runner-up prizes.
Be the first to submit your newly migrated or cross platform application that now supports not only MySQL but also Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Azure and be eligible to win $5000 and take advantage of Microsoft Partner Network benefits.
Being compatible with SQL Server can help:
- Increase revenue opportunities for your business
- Provide built in Business Intelligence capabilities at your fingertips
- Lower development costs
- Give you a seamless path to the cloud
The contest begins on May 28th, 2010 and will end July 8th, 2010.
What to Do
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with details about your application that supports not only MySQL but SQL Server or SQL Azure as well.
At the end of the contest we will choose the application that demonstrates the highest degree of usefulness to their company's customer growth and the winner will receive one of the prizes listed below!
What You Could Win
- Grand prize wins $5000
- Five runners up will win $1000
Prizes will be awarded to the application that is most useful for growing customers for the company submitting the app for the contest.
Microsoft Partner Network benefits include:
Pinpoint is an online community that connects customers with Microsoft Certified companies, helping them find the experts, products and services they need.
A selection of market and sell services have been assembled to exclusively help Microsoft Solution Providers get your marketing done and grow your business.
- Submitted applications must follow the guidelines listed above
- Prize winners are subject to verification.
- We may need to see your code, site or application which will be kept confidential
- Must be a commercial app from MySQL to SQL Server and the winner must pass Front-Runner criteria
- Must be creating software that is either a product or service for an external audience
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only those who live in jurisdictions in which this contest is legal may enter.
- Any breach of the rules and the prize will be awarded to the runner up.
- Your submissions will be kept confidential unless we communicate with you to request otherwise as Microsoft may be interested in using your application for a case study with your consent.
- Please include in your submission:
- Company Name
- Solution name
- Description of the solution
- URL to purchase the solution
- Proof that it ran on MYSQL
- Proof that it now runs on SQL
- Start date of migration/development
- Migration/development completion date
Congratulations to Josh Kunken for his Lavenant.com submission!
Microsoft, SQL Server, are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. MySQL is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems in the United States and other countries.
Conditions of Entry
Current winners list