11,633,969 members (72,068 online)

Comments by Patrick Kalkman (Top 33 by date)

Patrick Kalkman at 20-May-13 5:50am View

Done, Thanks for you comment.
Patrick Kalkman at 26-May-11 2:34am View

Yes that was what I meant, just copy the characters until you receive two null characters after each other.
Patrick Kalkman at 19-May-11 9:06am View

Reason for my vote of 5
Great tip, thanks
Patrick Kalkman at 13-May-11 16:43pm View

Is it an existing service? If you are able to reconfigure the service you could try to convert it to a rest service. Then calling the service would be as simple as calling an url.
Patrick Kalkman at 13-May-11 16:41pm View

Can you share some more information, the error looks likes an exception occurs on the server side. Did you try to catch the exception on the server side?
Patrick Kalkman at 6-May-11 16:35pm View

How many devices are shown in combobox in the directx variant?
Patrick Kalkman at 6-May-11 4:08am View

The twitter api for posting message is relatively simple. The authentication is more difficult. What I used for example is the TFS Build monitor at http://buildmonitor.codeplex.com/ it tweets the TFS build status whenever a build quality changes. Its open source so you could study the source code.
Patrick Kalkman at 6-May-11 2:34am View

We would love to help you with your question but you have to describe it more clearly. Do you want to use post twitter messages from an application
Patrick Kalkman at 5-May-11 10:09am View

Why do would you want to load an large amount of records in a data table? If you are going to filter it, you should use the database query engine. If you intent to show it to a user, implement paging using the SQL server.
Patrick Kalkman at 4-May-11 1:47am View

You use a debug dll the same way as a release dll, there is no difference in functionality. Normally, when you have a dll which is compiled in debug mode you have a corresponding pdb (program database) file. This pdb file contains information that enables a program such as a debugger to map the generated il (intermediate language) to your c# source code line number. But it also contains the names of your local variables.
Patrick Kalkman at 3-May-11 6:16am View

Good link to a tool that shows debug or release dll, didn't knew that :-), 5 points from me.
Patrick Kalkman at 3-May-11 6:16am View

Patrick Kalkman at 30-Apr-11 1:55am View

Have you tried to regenerate the R file using the context menu of Eclipse. I am assuming that you use Eclipse.
Patrick Kalkman at 30-Apr-11 1:53am View

Is the activity is part of the same application/package as the activity that gets started first?
Patrick Kalkman at 30-Apr-11 1:47am View

Why do you use KnownType? I only use it if I specify a base class in my contract and during runtime I want to exchange a derived class. I than have to indicate that the derived class is a known type.
Patrick Kalkman at 30-Apr-11 1:44am View

You have to give us more than that, this is not a real question. For example, which gprs (device) you are talking about.
Patrick Kalkman at 24-Apr-11 5:15am View

I did not miss it. I thought that communicating with the putty client from his c# application was the easiest solutions. That is what I suggested, use sendkeys to send keystrokes to the putty client window.

I may not be the most elegant solutions but but it works.
Patrick Kalkman at 22-Apr-11 6:27am View

Nice explanation Olivier, you got my 5 votes.
Patrick Kalkman at 22-Apr-11 6:24am View

You're correct, I missed it. :-(
Patrick Kalkman at 21-Apr-11 15:35pm View

Here on CodeProject there is an article about connecting to Interbase from c# http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/IB_CS.aspx. Maybe it will help.
Patrick Kalkman at 21-Apr-11 10:21am View

No solution, but a little background information. Every COM interface must implement IUnknown. I guess that is why you see value as unknown. The method add_EventHandlerNameHere expects an instance of an class that implements IUnknown.
Patrick Kalkman at 21-Apr-11 7:06am View

You open the file with FileMode.Create this recreates the file every time. If you want to overwrite certain parts of the file you will have to open it with FileMode.Append. The file pointer will point to the end of the file though so you will have to seek to the appropriate place in the file.
Patrick Kalkman at 19-Apr-11 10:24am View

What you could do is increase the total number of concurrent calls and/or sessions (to 20) and check if you can make 20 requests. If this is the case you are still not releasing the connections. Make sure that you use the dispose pattern on the connections.

Look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.servicemodel.description.servicethrottlingbehavior.maxconcurrentcalls.aspx for information on how to increase the number of calls and sessions
Patrick Kalkman at 17-Apr-11 8:26am View

Can you tell me what is wrong with your implementation, does it give an error? If so, what kind of error?
Patrick Kalkman at 5-Apr-11 8:05am View

Any tips about what exactly the code doesn't do, does it produce an error?
Patrick Kalkman at 5-Apr-11 7:55am View

What type of authentication is the server/service using?
Patrick Kalkman at 17-Mar-11 2:18am View

Have you added the NetTcpBinding to the WAS configuration?
Patrick Kalkman at 17-Mar-11 2:09am View

Are you able to call the service from an internet browser?
Patrick Kalkman at 17-Mar-11 1:43am View

Hi sridharan,

I do not understand your question.

Step 1. You fill a dataset from an XML file?
Step 2. You want to save the contents of the dataset into a CSV file?

Is this want you want to do?
Patrick Kalkman at 28-Feb-11 10:19am View

Reason for my vote of 5
Thanks for sharing
Patrick Kalkman at 12-Feb-11 16:32pm View

Reason for my vote of 4
Thanks for sharing
Patrick Kalkman at 12-Feb-11 1:09am View

Hi, I have some difficulty understanding your question. You mention that you already have a c# or vb project. Which compiler did you use when creating these projects?

Are the visual studio express versions http://www.microsoft.com/express/ what you are looking for?
Patrick Kalkman at 5-Feb-11 8:07am View

Thank you for your tip. Besides the formatting also include the why in the tip. Why should I use Linq to Sql connection? Does it save time? Improve performance? etc.

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile