The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Is an yone watching the Twin Peaks Returns series because if they are, I hope you are as lost as I am. I mean Iknow David Lynch is an arty farty type but... I am pretty good at non-linear plots, confusing things to make you think but come on! over half an episode in black & white with no apparent link to the plot? I got the impression it was art for arts sake
Saturday was not good. My sister called - my youngest brother (55) was diagnosed with colon cancer FOR THE THIRD TIME!! He gets checkups every three months, the last one was clean, now its back with a vengeance All three of my brothers have had colon cancer, one is dead. Both grandmothers had it and two uncles. I get checked every two years.
I fell off a wagon I have been on for over thirty years, and got stinking drunk. I climbed back on Monday - luckily my wife understood.
And, to make it worse, Sunday was my 65th birthday.
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house. - Lazarus Long
Given the disturbing news you've had, it may seem strange to wish you a Happy Birthday, but I'm going to do it anyway
When I had cancer, the essay by Stephen J. Gould, "The Median is not the Message," was very helpful to me [^] in making sense of the prognosis: the survival rates, etc. The essay has helped many people strengthen their positive, most rational, ways of thinking ... that's as important for the family members as it is for the person with cancer.
Gould wrote the article after he had cancer, and he survived that cancer, and lived another twenty years.
take care, Bill
«Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.» Miss Piggy
Hey is there anyone here in the Los Angeles / Hollywood area who wants to work for mid-level developer role / rate to be in entertainment in Hollywood? I got a referral for you if so. It's not a senior role, so don't expect to retire at the rate they're paying but it'll cover your bills at least. And as a perk you'll get to work with some big names I'm told in this position.
Hope this doesn't come across as spam. There is no job board any more.