The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I just got this email which looks totally legit, but something is bothering me...
Good Day Dear Sander,
Greetings to you and your entire family, My name is (Mr. Bello William) A South Africa citizen that works in FINANCE SECURITY COMPANY GROUP in Benin Cotonou West Africa and I am Married with 3 children 2 boys and 1 girl, as a Security Officer. I need your assistance and support to transfer the sum of ($9.500,000.00)-(Nine Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) out of the Finance Company where I work, to your bank account in your Country. You will be rewarded with 40% of the total sum for your partnership and support. Can you handle this?
I was thinking of another Nigerian prince trap, but then I noticed this guy is from Benin.
That sound totally good, right?
I'm not completely sure though...
Can anyone spot anything suspicious or should I go for it and never work again?
Has to be legit. The English is good. Congratulations on your coming riches!
Sudden Sun Death Syndrome (SSDS) is a very real concern which we should be raising awareness of. 156 billion suns die every year before they're just 1 billion years old.
While the military are doing their part, it simply isn't enough to make the amount of nukes needed to save those poor stars. - TWI2T3D (Reddit)
9.500,000.00 = nine thousand five hundred dollars (over here the , is the decimal divider) so not really worth the risk is it ...
And in the us that would be nine and half dollars so definitely not worth the risk there...
I just failed one of those "I'm not a robot" captcha's
I checked the "I'm not a robot" box, clicked the next button and was presented with an error that I had to complete the captcha.
I'll be doing some self reflection later tonight (wait, can I do that if I'm a robot?)...
System.MethodNotFoundException - MethodNotFound: 'Sander.Brain.Reflection.WhoAmI()'
I like the way the author eases into how Async really works. Shows an app that does everything on UI thread and then converts.
It's helping me with my UWA (Universal Windows App) work I'm doing. Helps make more sense of why everything ends up becoming an Async call.
I see there are some harsh criticisms about it on amazon, but like I said it has helped me a lot so far. It has solidified some things for me.
Has anyone else read it? Anyone else have other good resources for learning Async?
«When I consider my brief span of life, swallowed up in an eternity before and after, the little space I fill, and even can see, engulfed in the infinite immensity of spaces of which I am ignorant, and which know me not, I am frightened, and am astonished at being here rather than there; for there is no reason why here rather than there, now rather than then.» Blaise Pascal