|(Bochum, Germany, March 3, 2017) – Soft Xpansion has launched a new version of its CAD Xpansion SDK for software developers of CAD, CAM, PDM and CAE applications: Previous versions of the SDK could be used to export STL, STEP and IGES files for a universal data exchange. The new version of the developer tool is additionally able to import 3D models and offers geometry recognition.
STL is often described as the established de-facto standard format for 3D printing. STEP is an international standard, defined in ISO 10303, for the description and exchange of product data in CAD solutions. IGES is also a data format for data exchange between different CAD systems. Applications that support these formats provide the users with a high flexibility during their work with 3D models that have been created in different original (source) applications.
The CAD Xpansion SDK provides a large number of program functions for the design of machine elements and assemblies in mechanical design, building construction, etc. It is also possible to create assemblies based on separate elements.
New: Imoport & Geometry Recognition
- Import of any 3D CAD model from files in STEP, IGES, STL formats
- Display of the loaded model and basic visual operations like zoom, rotation, selection of model objects, delete objects, etc.
- Recognition of the geometry of 3D shaft models in mechanical design according to the German DIN 743
- Recognition of the shaft elements independent of DIN 743, determination of the general geometric properties
- Recognition of other part models in mechanical design while the library is developed further and is enhanced
Export of 3D-Models
- Creation of various 3D models in mechanical design and building units: basic geometric objects, shaft elements, pinions, bearings, bolts, screw-nuts, beams, etc. Full list of units currently supported can be seen in the CAD Xpansion SDK Guide & Reference document
- Export of created 3D models to the universal formats STL, STEP, IGES
- Creation and export of complex units using operations like transformation, subtraction, unification, intersection, etc.
Price and Availability
The CAD Xpansion SDK can be ordered directly from Soft Xpansion. The base price is 1000,- EUR plus VAT, if VAT is applicable. Amounts for individually ordered parts will be added to the base price. If any part is not available in the current version of the library, it can be created on request according to the clients´ specifications.
Detailed Information and Trial
In order to test the performance and the functionality of the new CAD Xpansion SDK, a documentation (CAD Xpansion SDK Guide & Reference), a trial version and a test application may be downloaded for free on Soft Xpansion`s product website.
Platforms and System Requirements
Developer Platform: C++, others (C or Delphi) on request
Operating Systems (developers and users): Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Server 2016, 2012, 2008 (32 and 64 bit respectively)
About Soft Xpansion
Since its foundation in 1995, Soft Xpansion is a specialized software manufacturer with global activities. The product range includes solutions (powerful standard desktop software and apps, innovative software development kits and flexible, individual programming) in the areas PDF technology, engineering and content management. The company looks back on more than 20 years of experience in the IT sector. The software development expertise covers all steps for standard applications and for individual projects – market and requirement analysis, conceptual design, development, implementation, support and advancements. The clients come from all over the world. Soft Xpansion is headquartered in Bochum, Germany.
Soft Xpansion GmbH & Co. KG
D-44789 Bochum, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)234 298 41 73
Fax: +49 (0)234 298 41 72