The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I fixed the Win10 problems over the weekend. I had recently reported ( Lounge: Win10 Again (sigh)[^] ) how Win10 had been consuming 100% disk causing me to be able to do nothing on my i7, 8GB laptop for 10 minutes at times.
Hmm, your original post already pointed to Chrome as the culprit.
Yes, but I never saw these problems until win10 and I keep on telling people that I get way more sympathy by blaming win10.
also, when my machine started out I had win8.1 and was a happy camper with a fast HDD. Then, Win10 came along and took over my machine. Honestly, it was after that I started seeing all these I/O issues. Yes, Chrome is the culprit but I think Win10 is also guilty as charged. However, none of it matters now since i have an SSD.
Blithely I roll. Happily ignorant of whatever anyone does to I/O.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning
So if anyone wonders where your dopehead friend from programming school many years ago works now, just ask me and I can tell you!
Anything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant Anonymous - The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine Winston Churchill, 1944 - I'd just like a chance to prove that money can't make me happy. Me, all the time
I'm actually about 1000K south of her, but will still likely get wet feet as she turns into a rain depression and heads our direction later in the week. Still, thoughts are with the people up there - there's a pretty good chance she could be category 5 before hitting landfall.
Mick ------------------------------------------------ It doesn't matter how often or hard you fall on your arse, eventually you'll roll over and land on your feet.