This ActiveX control is a powerful tool to help you create and print invoices as Data Report. Now you can preview and print invoices by one touch. This ActiveX control has two versions, one to use in the English language (its name is "
EInvoice" and another to use in the Arabic language (its name is "
AInvoice"). The two controls are the same when using its properties and methods.
You use this ActiveX control in your application by adding it to a form and setting its properties. At design time, my ActiveX control is displayed as an icon on a form, this icon can't be sized. The control is invisible to the user at run time (as
CommonDialog control and
With my ActiveX, you can:
- Add new invoice
- Edit current invoice
- Delete current invoice
- Find invoice by order number or by customer name
- Preview and print current invoice or all invoices of current customer
- Export current invoice or invoices of current customer to HTML file
- Click ActiveX control by right button of mouse you can get custom properties
My ActiveX "Invoice Designer"
AInvoice depends on table's name and field's name as shown in the following table:
|Table name ||Field name |
So, if you build a new database file and want to use my ActiveX control, be sure that your database file includes tables with the same name and your tables include fields which have the same name as you see in the above table.
Don't worry I don't tie your hand, of course you can add other tables and other fields to your database file but you must keep to the table's name and the field's name as given in the above table.
My ActiveX control has one method and twenty one properties. You can read about the method and two properties in the following table. The other properties are in the help file after you download and extract the file "Invoice.zip".
|Method/Property||Definition ||Example |
|Display invoice (order by customer name)|
EInvoice1.ViewInvoice (in English) or,
AInvoice1.ViewInvoice (in Arabic)
|Set path and name of database file|
EInvoice1.InvoiceDatabaseFile = App.Path + "\" + "MyMarket.mdb"
|Set the title of invoice|
EInvoice1.InvoiceTitle = "International Food Company"
Using the Code
After you set some properties, you can display the invoice:
After you download the file Invoice.zip and extract it, you find:
- Folder MyActiveX includes EInvoice control, AInvoice control and help file explains everything
- Folder prjEN includes project to test the free trial version EInvoice control
- Folder prjAR includes project to test the free trial version AInvoice control
I hope my ActiveX is useful. This tool is for personal use only and not for public use, you can use it for your own projects. Thanks to The Code Project and thanks to all.
- 20th March, 2009: Initial post