Comments by Mike Hankey (Top 68 by date)

Mike Hankey 3-Oct-19 14:22pm View

You must keep track of the LED status, i.e. whether it is lit or not.

Why are you using a delay loop since the LED must remain lit until the other button is pressed?

If you're using Atmel Studio then use the simulator to debug your program and it will save you a lot of head aches.
Mike Hankey 2-Aug-19 12:32pm View

avrfreaks.net is the place for help with AVR devices.
Mike Hankey 28-Jan-19 19:06pm View

This is so vague you'll never get an answer, well a civil anser.
What language?
What have you tried?
Where are you stuck?
What class is this for?
Mike Hankey 11-Sep-18 12:24pm View

A simple way would be to convert to character array "ToCharArray() " and just interate though the chars.
see here
Mike Hankey 10-Sep-18 9:24am View

Take a look at this site for a list of mime types.
Mike Hankey 9-Sep-18 8:55am View

There's an area at the bottom of the article to ask questions, would get an answer a lot faster there!
Mike Hankey 22-Jun-18 8:20am View

Depends on the RFID reader, most readers output serial data in a Wiegand format.

Let google be your friend
Mike Hankey 3-Apr-18 7:38am View

The 595 has a latch so no need for the flip flops.
You might have more luck posting this at avrfreaks.net, an arduino site.

Not that difficult of a problem.
Mike Hankey 4-Mar-18 15:13pm View

As Kornfeld says role based authorization is the way to go here are a couple of links;
Mike Hankey 8-Jan-18 13:06pm View

First and foremost how do you plan to store file data on 8051 with only 128 bytea of RAM. It does have 4k of ROM but you would have to buffer it.
Also what are you going to be using for hardware on mcu side, a development board, home made board? Most development boards have an USB port that converts the UART to USB but if you develop your own board you will need such a converter, they're available on ebay and other places. From there it is just a matter of serial communications between devices.
Mike Hankey 18-Dec-17 14:55pm View

Richard,
Thanks for the response, I tend to get so frustrated and in this case in a hurry that I ask a stupid question out of pure desperation.
After 2 days of research and trial and error I have found that;
- Yes I was always using the meta with my connection string
- I've always had a problem with authorization, turns out I was using the DB on the server but authorization was done by a DB created locally. Maddening to say the least. So I've gone to a custom authorization and role providers and done away with the ASP stuff.
- I did try the Code First approach as many had suggested but to no avail.

Strangest thing is though this morning I told my GF about my problem and she answered back "...you must have fixed your problem because it's up..."
Tried it on FF Developer like I had been doing, no love, went to chrome and IE and it was up. Tried clearing cache, same thing so I don't know what the hell to think about that.

Anyway I'm going to create another web app and transition everything over to it just to be sure there are no remnants taking it a piece at a time.

The hurry up problem I have is that I have 1 week to finish the main part because after that I'm moving to another park (I volunteer at FL state parks) and the park that I'm moving to has very crappy internet.

Anyways thanks for your input, appreciate it!
Mike Hankey 27-Nov-17 20:53pm View

The code you've provided is for a serial connection, not TCP/ID.
Mike Hankey 11-Nov-17 14:08pm View

It will require not only physics but the combination and communication between many hardware devises. At least anything resembling a hover board.
Mike Hankey 25-Mar-17 9:49am View

What WiFi board?, which IDE?, what language?
Mike Hankey 25-Mar-17 9:13am View

This might help.
Mike Hankey 20-Feb-17 14:57pm View

I don't use the Arduino IDE but should be applicable;

There's 2 ways you can do this;
1) Either use 2 timers
2) Use 1 timer and set the interrupt rate at say 1mS and have the interrupt check targets at each interrupt and do whatever when target reached.

Say your 2 targets are 10mS and 100mS then when mS counter hits 10 and 100 take action!
Mike Hankey 20-Feb-17 13:08pm View

If you want to get the value from the browser you will need to look at Web scraping. A better way might be to have the Uno output to the serial port and use serialport class to receive the value?
Mike Hankey 2-Feb-17 15:01pm View

I realize that but when POST, PUT won't work and GET does I have to use it until I can solve this problem. The GET will work but have a cap, I believe of 2K or so, so I have to save in smaller chunks.
Mike Hankey 30-Jan-17 15:35pm View

Mr. Deeming you are the man. I had to modify what you provided but you got me on the right track.
FFR (For Future Reference) this worked for me!
'@Url.HttpRouteUrl("DefaultApi", new { controller = "AdminContentApi" })?name=' + row.name;
Mike Hankey 28-Nov-16 11:39am View

Proper protection always. :)
Mike Hankey 28-Nov-16 11:24am View

Thanks Mehdi, when I get ready I will!
Mike Hankey 6-Jun-16 8:03am View

If you're using the Arduino IDE I would post the question on their site arduino.cc, you're more apt to get a quicker response there. I don't use their IDE so can't give you a URL to their QA.
Mike Hankey 13-May-16 13:56pm View

check out my article here
Mike Hankey 14-Mar-15 3:51am View

Ok y'all they say a picture is worth a 1000 words so here's a link to I hope a better understanding of the problem;

Mike Hankey 13-Mar-15 23:47pm View

Ok I don't think you understood my problem or maybe, as usual I didn't explain it simply enough...I get frustrated and lose my ability to explain myself.
From Acronis I fill in the file URL of my application and click a button to start my application. My application starts up and checks if there is a file name in the command line args, other than that there is no other need for these args so forget them.
Now when my application starts up I open a windows form in the lower right corner of the screen with a couple of button to either cancel the current operation or accept it or cancel and this terminates my application with either a Environment.Exit 0 for success or non zero for abort.
Now the crux of the problem my application works perfectly except along with the windows form opening in the lower right hand corner of the screen a console window also opens elsewhere on the screen. I did not create, spawn, pray for, receive as a gift or otherwise ask for this console window so how do I get it not to come up or be created.
If you need further explanation let me know.
Mike Hankey 3-Mar-15 13:58pm View

Richard thanks for your reply but my stupidity prevails, I'm using Bootstrap.DatePicker.
Mike Hankey 1-Mar-15 9:24am View

The error you've indicated and the line that it's supposedly thrown on doesn't make any sense. As Richard says step through the code and you will likely find your problem.
Mike Hankey 28-Feb-15 22:29pm View

What is the error message you are getting?
Mike Hankey 13-Feb-15 6:18am View

BTW the error is

The model item passed into the dictionary is of type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[JaxCoderV20.ViewModels.CommentViewModel]', but this dictionary requires a model item of type 'JaxCoderV20.ViewModels.UserViewModel'.
Mike Hankey 12-Feb-15 15:27pm View

Thanks for the extra hand Mike I'll keep that one in mind also for the future.
Mike Hankey 12-Feb-15 2:06am View

Great stuff thanks Maciej
Mike Hankey 8-Feb-15 5:48am View

That answered all my questions thanks! I don't see a way to mark it as solved or give credit other than saying thanks.
Mike Hankey 3-Nov-14 16:41pm View

dongle is a very private person and probably won't phone you so there's no use in creating an app just for him. Just saying!
Mike Hankey 9-Sep-14 11:35am View

Try Regex.Replace it can be used to replace any special characters see http://www.regular-expressions.info/replacetutorial.html and if you want a good tool for testing Regex expressions try Expresso!
Mike Hankey 18-Jan-14 22:52pm View

Great link thanks
Mike Hankey 8-Jan-14 11:56am View

It works either way with or without the LEFT keyword.

Thanks again
Mike Hankey 8-Jan-14 11:48am View

Maciej it worked great but had to modify your solution

SELECT Com.*, Cat.[Title] as CategoryStr, Sct.[Title] as SubCategoryStr,
(SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Attachment WHERE ParentId = Com.ObjectID) as AttachmentCount
FROM Component AS Com
JOIN Category AS Cat ON Com.[CategoryId] = Cat.ObjectId
JOIN Subcategory AS Sct ON Com.[SubCategoryId] = Sct.ObjectId

Thanks for the help
Mike Hankey 8-Jan-14 11:39am View

It still returns a single record with the AttachmentCount = 0. What I am wanting is for the query to not return anything if there are no Components.
Mike Hankey 8-Jan-14 11:38am View

It still returns a single record with the AttachmentCount = 0.

Mike Hankey 12-Oct-13 20:41pm View

If you explain the problem you are having, post code and explain what you've tried then ask for specific help in the area you are having problems you are much more likely to get help here.
Otherwise you can hire someone to do your homework in which case when you enter the job market you are going to have real problems if IT is your field.
Mike Hankey 13-Aug-13 19:33pm View

Zero, I thought this would be a generic question as GCC now supports C++11 anyway;

First, I am developing this for an embedded system using GCC.

Second, refer to first!

If this were to be developed using VS I would not be having this problem but GCC error messages are so vague that sometimes they have nothing to do with the problem at hand so it's been a PITA to say the least but I'm starting to catch on and eye the nuances.

Thanks for your feedback!
Mike Hankey 13-Aug-13 17:55pm View

Thanks, looks like I set off a fire storm?

As an aside, down voting only matters if you care. :)
Mike Hankey 13-Aug-13 14:39pm View

Excellent I had forgotten about the initialize once rule and you hit it right on the head. I've not worked much with templates and it's been a learning experience.
Thanks!
Mike Hankey 28-Apr-13 11:53am View

Thanks I'll eventually figure it out whether it's SVN or Git.

[edit]
Turns out I can check out modules from various places to a project, just couldn't do it using AnkhSVN, had to go into Repo Explorer and do it there and then add to project.
[/edit]
Mike Hankey 28-Apr-13 11:36am View

I've just had problems off and on with SVN, especially with branching and mergin...PITA.
Another concern and I don't know wheter it's SVN or AnkhSVN ot Tortoise but I've moduralized my stuff (embedded libraries, AVR) and I want to be able to check out stuff from different areas into one project. As an example I've wrote SPI, Timer and assorted board libs and I want, as I say to be able to reuse them in different projects and as I enhance them I want changes to reflect back to a single spot in the repository. Maybe I just haven't researched it enough, maybe it's possible?
Mike Hankey 15-Apr-13 16:14pm View

The TextChanged event is called whenever text is changed in the editor. I use it in an RichTextBox editor I created.
Mike Hankey 26-Dec-12 14:43pm View

I understand you and agree it's a bad design thing.
Mike Hankey 26-Dec-12 14:42pm View

I understand you and agree it's a bad design thing.
Mike Hankey 26-Dec-12 13:31pm View

Sergey,
I wasn't somehow saying that by using the ListView as opposed to the ListBox that it was a reasonable or acceptable thing to do only that if he wanted to add the button for some reason not understood from his question that that would be the way to do it. Thanks for the vote!
Mike Hankey 21-Dec-12 18:24pm View

What have you tried? If you want someone to do it for you you're looking for http://www.rent-acoder.com/.
Mike Hankey 20-Dec-12 16:27pm View

Standalone, it's my home computer. I've never dealt much with security and UAC much so I'm kinda at a lose.
Mike Hankey 19-Dec-12 19:44pm View

You need to be more specific about what you're trying to do and what you've tried. Are you using the AVR UART?, are you bit banging or ???
What serial port virtual driver are you using?
Are you using AVR serial library code or your own?
Mike Hankey 19-Dec-12 14:42pm View

Curious you are disposing of the bitmap after you're through with it...hmmm
If the bitmap is the same size you might try creating it once and keeping it as a class variable so you don't have to create it every time.
Is there something in one of the other draw routines that is causing the problem? You might try commenting them out one by one and seeing if the problem lies there?
Mike Hankey 19-Dec-12 14:35pm View

Does the file and folder where the s3db is located have the correct privileges?
Mike Hankey 12-Oct-12 9:52am View

If you google "DynamicPopulate extender" you will get 11K hits and the link given is a video that shows how to use. http://www.asp.net/web-forms/videos/ajax-control-toolkit/how-do-i-use-the-aspnet-ajax-dynamicpopulate-extender
Mike Hankey 8-Jul-12 16:08pm View

Flicker when you try to do what?, Resize, draw?
Mike Hankey 9-Jun-12 9:35am View

"horizontally and/or vertically mirror my text" What does this mean?
If you are wanting to keep a duplicate copy of the text use the OnTextChanged event and/or the .Text property.
Mike Hankey 9-Jun-12 9:31am View

First you haven't posted the code in question and second there is plenty of online material to help you learn PHP, at least enough to decipher the code in question.
Mike Hankey 9-Jun-12 9:28am View

This is a very broad area I suggest you study up on the subject and then if you have any questions I'm sure you could get help.
Mike Hankey 23-Apr-12 2:26am View

You need to show the SQL statement you're using.
Mike Hankey 19-Apr-12 17:22pm View

One thing I noticed in your code (Form1.vb,Panel_1_Paint) you're not disposing the pen when you finish with it. ALWAYS dispose graphics objects when you are done with them.
Mike Hankey 16-Apr-12 14:21pm View

Is the data in the DefaultView correct?, and the grid just not mapping correctly?
Mike Hankey 4-Jan-12 10:26am View

You also need to add the overridden Equals code.
Mike Hankey 3-Jul-11 16:15pm View

True enough, guess was thinking more along the lines of C#. Like I mentioned above it's been a long time since I've done C++ in WinForms.
Mike Hankey 3-Jul-11 13:42pm View

I've found that drawing directly to the/a window is much more efficient and cuts down on flickering. Some controls are more efficient then others, i.e. the Panel control is very inefficient never use it as a canvas.
Mike Hankey 3-Mar-11 21:36pm View

Thanks...Yeah I had the editor open and was off double checking and it took a couple of minute, it happens.
Your's is the better answer I'm glad you got the credit.
Mike Hankey 3-Mar-11 20:52pm View

I guess we posted at the same time.
Mike Hankey 19-Aug-10 9:19am View

Doesn't everyone do it like this? :)