Click here to Skip to main content

Adore C++ asked:

Open original thread
Dear all,
 
I have a table contain a column which holds arabic text , now I am sure that the col. char set is utf8 and the collection is utf8_unicode_ci and here is the connextion string:
 
Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=XXX ;Port=3306;Database=XXX;User=root;password=XXX;Option=3;CharSet=UTF8;
 
When I read the table using MySql Workbench it display the arabic text very well
When I read it using Navicate Lite also display it fine
When I read it using my software C# + Vs2005 , it display strange letters (i tried textbox & a datagridview)
 
So what should I do? I checked a lot of google results and no way some sites said I must query "set names = utf8" before every query but I don't know how to insert it in the code since I am using TableAdapter and BindingSource so I don't write SQL command direct in the code.
 
thanks all
bye
Tags: C#, MySQL

Preview



When answering a question please:
  1. Read the question carefully.
  2. Understand that English isn't everyone's first language so be lenient of bad spelling and grammar.
  3. If a question is poorly phrased then either ask for clarification, ignore it, or edit the question and fix the problem. Insults are not welcome.
Let's work to help developers, not make them feel stupid.
Please note that all posts will be submitted under the The Code Project Open License (CPOL).



Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web04 | 2.8.140916.1 | Last Updated 26 Mar 2009
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2014
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100