Click here to Skip to main content
14,486,111 members

The Insider News

   

The Insider News is for breaking IT and Software development news. Post your news, your alerts and your inside scoops. This is an IT news-only forum - all off-topic, non-news posts will be removed. If you wish to ask a programming question please post it here.

Get The Daily Insider direct to your mailbox every day. Subscribe now!

 
GeneralRe: Testing changes in agile development shops, study finds Pin
Kent Sharkey12-Feb-15 18:22
staffKent Sharkey12-Feb-15 18:22 
GeneralRe: Testing changes in agile development shops, study finds Pin
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz13-Feb-15 4:34
MemberTheGreatAndPowerfulOz13-Feb-15 4:34 
GeneralRe: Testing changes in agile development shops, study finds Pin
PIEBALDconsult13-Feb-15 4:45
professionalPIEBALDconsult13-Feb-15 4:45 
NewsManaging your skills portfolio Pin
Kent Sharkey12-Feb-15 12:33
staffKent Sharkey12-Feb-15 12:33 
NewsScientists achieve X-ray vision with safe, visible light Pin
Kent Sharkey12-Feb-15 12:26
staffKent Sharkey12-Feb-15 12:26 
GeneralRe: Scientists achieve X-ray vision with safe, visible light Pin
PIEBALDconsult12-Feb-15 13:38
professionalPIEBALDconsult12-Feb-15 13:38 
GeneralRe: Scientists achieve X-ray vision with safe, visible light Pin
Ron Anders12-Feb-15 13:51
MemberRon Anders12-Feb-15 13:51 
GeneralRe: Scientists achieve X-ray vision with safe, visible light Pin
den2k8812-Feb-15 20:19
professionalden2k8812-Feb-15 20:19 
I tell you that with less than 40 keV of X-Ray you'd hardly pass through an olive, only to see a gray stain on the other side.

No supaman style X-Ray vision I guess... since there's no way it could work anyway, with the generator and the detector on the same side you discard at least 90% of the radiation, and the remaining 10% must travel twice the distance between generator and object further reducing the power of the x-rays received by a factor of 4.
Geek code v 3.12
GCS d--- s-/++ a- C++++ U+++ P- L- E-- W++ N++ o+ K- w+++ O? M-- V? PS+ PE- Y+ PGP t++ 5? X R++ tv-- b+ DI+++ D++ G e++>+++ h--- r++>+++ y+++*
Weapons extension: ma- k++ F+2 X

GeneralRe: Scientists achieve X-ray vision with safe, visible light Pin
Eddy Vluggen13-Feb-15 0:24
professionalEddy Vluggen13-Feb-15 0:24 
GeneralRe: Scientists achieve X-ray vision with safe, visible light Pin
den2k8813-Feb-15 0:31
professionalden2k8813-Feb-15 0:31 
NewsNearly 1 billion records were compromised by data breaches in 2014 Pin
Kent Sharkey12-Feb-15 11:37
staffKent Sharkey12-Feb-15 11:37 
NewsA day in the life of the Windows 10 development team Pin
Kent Sharkey12-Feb-15 11:35
staffKent Sharkey12-Feb-15 11:35 
GeneralRe: A day in the life of the Windows 10 development team Pin
Nelek12-Feb-15 13:06
protectorNelek12-Feb-15 13:06 
GeneralRe: A day in the life of the Windows 10 development team Pin
JMK-NI12-Feb-15 23:56
professionalJMK-NI12-Feb-15 23:56 
NewsGoogle threatens to air Microsoft and Apple's dirty code Pin
Kent Sharkey12-Feb-15 11:33
staffKent Sharkey12-Feb-15 11:33 
GeneralRe: Google threatens to air Microsoft and Apple's dirty code Pin
MehGerbil13-Feb-15 2:09
MemberMehGerbil13-Feb-15 2:09 
GeneralRe: Google threatens to air Microsoft and Apple's dirty code Pin
Chris Maunder13-Feb-15 9:36
cofounderChris Maunder13-Feb-15 9:36 
NewsIt's official: Windows 10 for phones preview is coming today, get ready! Pin
Kent Sharkey12-Feb-15 6:51
staffKent Sharkey12-Feb-15 6:51 
GeneralRe: It's official: Windows 10 for phones preview is coming today, get ready! Pin
KarstenK12-Feb-15 6:54
mveKarstenK12-Feb-15 6:54 
GeneralRe: It's official: Windows 10 for phones preview is coming today, get ready! Pin
Kornfeld Eliyahu Peter12-Feb-15 7:04
mveKornfeld Eliyahu Peter12-Feb-15 7:04 
GeneralRe: It's official: Windows 10 for phones preview is coming today, get ready! Pin
Randor 12-Feb-15 7:57
professional Randor 12-Feb-15 7:57 
GeneralRe: It's official: Windows 10 for phones preview is coming today, get ready! Pin
FIorian Schneidereit12-Feb-15 14:04
MemberFIorian Schneidereit12-Feb-15 14:04 
GeneralRe: It's official: Windows 10 for phones preview is coming today, get ready! Pin
KarstenK12-Feb-15 22:03
mveKarstenK12-Feb-15 22:03 
GeneralRe: It's official: Windows 10 for phones preview is coming today, get ready! Pin
Kornfeld Eliyahu Peter12-Feb-15 7:10
mveKornfeld Eliyahu Peter12-Feb-15 7:10 
GeneralRe: It's official: Windows 10 for phones preview is coming today, get ready! Pin
Kent Sharkey12-Feb-15 7:11
staffKent Sharkey12-Feb-15 7:11 

General General    News News    Suggestion Suggestion    Question Question    Bug Bug    Answer Answer    Joke Joke    Praise Praise    Rant Rant    Admin Admin   

Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.