The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I had a discussion with my wife about band names that involved berries. We came up with a few and then we opened it up a little to names involving fruits and vegetables too. Here are the ones we came up with :
Strawberry Alarm Clock
The Cherry Poppin Daddies
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Have you ever tried field rations? That's mummified (sometimes even petrified) food stocked by the military. It's not supposed to taste good. That's just a bonus. A good field cook can help a lot in this respect. All it has to do is fill your belly and give you enough calories to keep on going. And it has to remain edible for decades.
No matter what you think of McShrek, but any homemade hamburger would probably look the same. The bread becomes stale and dehydrated quickly and lasts forever in that state. Cheese hardens and also lasts forever. The meat I don't know, but it has been fried and is quite greasy, so it probably also dehydrates before decomposing.
That's just the way it is. A hamburger mummy looks very much like a fresh hamburger.
I have lived with several Zen masters - all of them were cats.
His last invention was an evil Lasagna. It didn't kill anyone, and it actually tasted pretty good.