The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
In response to widespread criticism of the latest implementation of the MSDN download tool MSDN program manager Herpa Derp has granted blogger FileNotFound of www.WindowsTechnologyFanatic.com an phone interview; a transcript interview follows:
FNF: "The decision to restart the update download in the event of any detected error has resulted in widespread criticism. Could you explain to us why you chose to adopt this process?"
Herpa Derp: "The fundamental problem with Windows applications is attacks made against faulty code. To protect against this the MSDN team has adopted a zero tolerance policy for faulty behavior. Restarting the download in the event of data coruption is part of the fault intolerance program. The Windows OS team by contrast has embraced a policy of fault tolerance; you can see where that's led them. Record numbers of bugs every month on patch Tuesday."
FNF: "The other major complaint lodged against the newest version of MSDN is that after installing it none of the help topics display any content what so ever. Is there any way you can shed light on this matter?"
Editors note: At this point the phone connection with Mr. Derp was lost. Attempts to call him again were unsuccessful.
Nope, I'm at work, wading through a power purchase contract for 25 years of base power. It's a little dry, so periodic CP breaks are necessary to keep my eyes open. Besides, my snoring might keep my coworkers awake - can't have that.
Rules for hunting lawyers (Please check local states for other requirements... For instance I hear Texas allows #3 providing the hood of your vehicle has cow horns properly installed)
Washington state attorney season and bag limits
1. Any person with a valid Washington State hunting license may harvest attorneys.
2. Taking of attorneys with traps or dead-falls is permitted. The use of currency as bait is prohibited.
3. Killing of attorneys with a vehicle is prohibited. If accidentally struck, remove dead attorney to roadside and proceed to nearest car wash.
4. It is unlawful to chase, herd, or harvest attorneys from a snow machine, helicopter, or aircraft.
5. It shall be unlawful to shout "whiplash", "ambulance", or "free Perrier" for the purpose of trapping attorneys.
6. It shall be unlawful to hunt attorneys within 100 yards of BMW dealerships.
7. It shall be unlawful to use cocaine, young boys, $100 bills, prostitutes, or vehicle accidents to attract attorneys.
8. It shall be unlawful to hunt attorneys within 200 yards of courtrooms, law libraries, health spas, gay bars, ambulances, or hospitals.
9. If an attorney is elected to government office, it shall be a felony to hunt, trap, or possess it.
10. Stuffed or mounted attorneys must have a state health department inspection for AIDS, rabies, and vermin.
11. It shall be illegal for a hunter to disguise himself as a reporter, drug dealer, pimp, female legal clerk, sheep, accident victim, bookie, or tax accountant for the purpose of hunting attorneys.
1. Yellow Bellied Sidewinder 2
2. Two-faced Tort Feasor 3
3. Back-stabbing Divorce Litigator 5
4. Big-mouthed Pub Gut 2
5. Honest Attorney EXTINCT
6. Cut-throat 2
7. Back-stabbing Whiner 2
8. Brown-nosed Judge Kisser 2
9. Silver-tongued Drug Defender $100 bounty
John Andrew Holmes "It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others."
Shhhhh.... I am not really here. I am a figment of your imagination.... I am still in my cave so this must be an illusion....