The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
None of the CD backups I took late in the 1990s are working now
I recently just ran into some CDs I created in the late 90s, and everything on them is intact. The secrete to accessing the data, storing the CDs in the absolute worst way possible at the bottom of a box with no protection. [Thankfully most of what I had written was in a text format so it should aways be accessible, no matter what format changes may happen]
Common sense is admitting there is cause and effect and that you can exert some control over what you understand.
1) A conversation about hamburgers ends in violence.
2) A billionaire devotes his fortune to cosplay and beating up the mentally ill.
3) A lot of people take the Ice Bucket Challenge. It doesn't end well.
4) A white boy is told he's special; then he goes to private school.
5) An old man forces child into volcano.
6) A drug crazed lunatic slowly kills children one by one in front of their parents.
7) A man's wife is brutally murdered by a serial killer and his son is left physically disabled. His son is then kidnapped and he has to chase the kidnapper for thousands of miles with the help of a mentally disabled woman.
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!