The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
I've been storing all my media backups into free services like Google Photos. I got tired of taking backups offline in External drives, DVDs etc. None of the CD backups I took late in the 1990s are working now May be it's the plastic booklet type CD/DVD archive I used. Almost 90% of the CD-Roms fail to read.
Now I'm just going only with online backups. It's good to see them providing free services.
But how far is this going to go?
All of a sudden, what if Google says "Pay $2000 to continue accessing your files" like a ransom?, and may be precisely after my storage size reaches several dozen TBs.
I wish they are going to be reasonable when, one fine day they start to think of charging for the storage.
Having this in mind, I'm keeping my "media-production" rate very normal. Over all, it should be just less than a TB as of now. I use the services very consciously. Even I feel a lot of guilt if I'm taking photos in Burst mode in camera. lol!
Starting to think people post kid pics in their profiles because that was the last time they were cute - Jeremy Falcon.
None of the CD backups I took late in the 1990s are working now
I recently just ran into some CDs I created in the late 90s, and everything on them is intact. The secrete to accessing the data, storing the CDs in the absolute worst way possible at the bottom of a box with no protection. [Thankfully most of what I had written was in a text format so it should aways be accessible, no matter what format changes may happen]
Common sense is admitting there is cause and effect and that you can exert some control over what you understand.
1) A conversation about hamburgers ends in violence.
2) A billionaire devotes his fortune to cosplay and beating up the mentally ill.
3) A lot of people take the Ice Bucket Challenge. It doesn't end well.
4) A white boy is told he's special; then he goes to private school.
5) An old man forces child into volcano.
6) A drug crazed lunatic slowly kills children one by one in front of their parents.
7) A man's wife is brutally murdered by a serial killer and his son is left physically disabled. His son is then kidnapped and he has to chase the kidnapper for thousands of miles with the help of a mentally disabled woman.
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!