The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I miss getting peanuts on the plane, now it's dried peas and dried broad beans and some other things.
yeah I realise in the 100,000 flights per day 1 or 2 with a genuine peanut allergy might be aboard a plane per year (and those 3 or 4 people in the entire world sensitive enough to be affected by their neighbour eating peanuts are already on appropriate medication) - so they can just say "no thanks"
airlines let people make meal requests (veggie, vegan, kiddie, kosher ...),
why not snack requests? "would you like peanuts or this other non peanut parrot food crap?"
after many otherwise intelligent sounding suggestions that achieved nothing the nice folks at Technet said the only solution was to low level format my hard disk then reinstall my signature. Sadly, this still didn't fix the issue!
'Festoon'. It's a real thing for me. It cools paper coming out of a printing press (which includes dryers to dry ink, which also heat the paper) by running it through a set of rollers that run the paper up and down through a 6-8 foot space, something like this: