The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Unfortunately, it's not -- or perhaps I should say fortunately; they may be on to something.
Nicotine kills bacteria, and a huge number of other medicines have come directly from plants (willow bark, anyone?), and growing plants containing toxins to be ingested relatively safely is their field of expertise.
Only a fool is convinced he's smarter than experts in their field.
I wanna be a eunuchs developer! Pass me a bread knife!
My brother-in-law - about ten years older than me - used to tell people that he was incapable of summing the grocery bill without having his slide rule available.
That joke was surprisingly successful for quite a few years, especially with those my age and younger, who knew well what slide rules were, but never used them seriously, so we didn't know their application area, mathematically speaking.
People his own age, who knew slide rules well, found the joke silly. Young people of today have no clue about what a slide rule is, so they never get the joke. But for ten, maybe twenty years, half of the audience would laugh and the other half would wonder: What's so funny?