The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Hope you didn't jump through hoops to post that, the net result wasn't worth it.
"the debugger doesn't tell me anything because this code compiles just fine" - random QA comment
"Facebook is where you tell lies to your friends. Twitter is where you tell the truth to strangers." - chriselst
"I don't drink any more... then again, I don't drink any less." - Mike Mullikins uncle
a) worked from the jump
b) happily allowed itself to be extended over and over again
c) even adopted thread safety with very little pain
and now it just occurred to me how to lock whole branches of the graph
easily so i can totally eliminate spurious server requests in the case
of two threads accessing the same uncached data at roughly the same time
and as i said it's easy - uncharacteristic of MT programming.
geez, so what's the catch?
this has been smooth sailing since i started it.
i don't entirely trust that.
When I was growin' up, I was the smartest kid I knew. Maybe that was just because I didn't know that many kids. All I know is now I feel the opposite.
Murphy's law knocking? (If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something?)
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.
I noticed in the replies that there was a reference to Murphy's Law.
Please don't worry about that!
I have it from extremely reliable authorities that Murphy's Law wasn't even named after Murphy, but after someone else with the same name.
As for waiting for that shoe to drop? Well - if you've kept up with your fairy tales you'd know that when you are asleep, elves (unemployed elvish shoemakers whose work was outsourced, by the way) are fixing it for you.