The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
With Corona having a virus and all, there are fewer workers putting the iPhones together, which is creating a potential shortage. Will folks have to come up with a new addiction, or ::gasp:: keep their current one a little while longer?
"One man's wage rise is another man's price increase." - Harold Wilson
"Fireproof doesn't mean the fire will never come. It means when the fire comes that you will be able to withstand it." - Michael Simmons
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles
Perfectly legal. If it sounds ridiculous, remember that human ownership of anything at all is just as ridiculous. cats have just as much right to claim ownership of stuff as people do, and they're one of the few species we interact with (without massacering them) that assert their ownership.
But they have the common sense to only assert temporary ownership. As soon as they walk away from something, they relinquish ownership. Humans are much stupider than that.
My favourite quote from the article:
When the online marketplace noticed her outrageous claims two years later
Two years? Seriously? Given the number of offers on the site, that would mean that the number of employees dedicated to ensuring that offers aren't scams would be... lemme think... multiply number of pages by scanning time... carry the one... take away the number you first thought of... Oh, cool! It comes out at a round number!
The number of people checking that their customers aren't being conned is... Precisely Zero!
Looks like too much effort is put into scraping as much money as possible out of the site, and almost no effort is put into customer safety and requirements.
The "microsoft testing method" is not appropriate to an environment where people can do harm.
I wanna be a eunuchs developer! Pass me a bread knife!
I just saw an item on the BBC America service, covering research in Europe somewhere. Apparently some biologist is trying to modify the genes of the coffee plant so it will produce beans without caffeine! How brilliant! The whole point of coffee is the caffeine! What is the world coming to?
I think it has something to do with the BIOS of my machine. I followed all of the registry changes I've found online, and none of them worked. The triggered custom program is the only solution I've found. It was super annoying to start typing away, to realize I wasn't typing numbers!